X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    But they sold alberms111!1!1!
    They have different kind of incomes. Streaming will bring in much more revenue over time than until now. Nowadays it's also easier to make big money with advertisement deals and touring. I don't think the big divas back then earned more just because people still bought CDs.
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    And didn't all the money go to labels anyway?
    Certainly not the case with Celine - her business dealings are legendary.

Back in the 90s, her and Rene negotiated a royalty rate of up to 25%, which I recall being the highest of any non-songwriter in the industry - they did this through her publishing company Duffield Music. It pissed established acts like Jim Steinman and Carole King off massively (see example article: http://jimsteinman.com/sacred.htm).

Celine had the best of both worlds - the royalty rate of a top tier songwriter and the touring gross of a top tier live act.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
      Well, I don't buy CD's anymore. I'd rather stream and spend my money on concert tickets.
      Do you not buy cd's at all anymore or just less than you used to?
      I personally don't bother buying a random album I like, but I have certain artists I hold very dear and I'd be weird to just stop collecting the physicals for some reason.

Comment

• ^ The various versions of Caution were literally the only records I bought last year. I'm in the 100% streaming club. It's just easier.

Comment

• A quick blast from the past for fans of slapstick horror:

Probably one of the most hilarious "suicides" ever on film.

Comment

• Ugh I love that whole franchise (except for the 4th). They could and should continue making these movies, it's basically an excuse to display gore in the best way possible and I'm always here for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
              Ugh I love that whole franchise (except for the 4th). They could and should continue making these movies, it's basically an excuse to display gore in the best way possible and I'm always here for it.
              Haven't seen the 4th one yet, but the 3rd might be my favorite. I love how each death scene basically becomes gorey slapstick... so good!
              The sands of time fade into dark
              Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
              A message to madness
              Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                Haven't seen the 4th one yet, but the 3rd might be my favorite. I love how each death scene basically becomes gorey slapstick... so good!
                You should really skip part 4 (literally worthless) and watch FD5. Part 5 is a bit more "sophisticated" than the rest of the series, the opening scene is epic.

I love part 3 a lot as well, it was prolly the most "fun" and most outrageous.

My favorite will always be the first, but the most iconic scene is the highway intro for #2.

Comment

• I love the first one the best, the later ones abuse the cgi too much
                  Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                    I love the first one the best, the later ones abuse the cgi too much
                    Yes, the first was way more practical and didn't splatter the CGI blood.
                    Still, plenty of nice moments to be found throughout the series, but it became a bit of a "How to splatter blood" vehicle with 3 & 4.

Comment

• This always makes me laugh so hard

'BUT he is gay! I mean he's gay, excuse me, he's blind'

Sum Ting Wong

Wi Tu Lo

Ho Lee Fuk

Comment

Yes, the first was way more practical and didn't splatter the CGI blood.
                        Still, plenty of nice moments to be found throughout the series, but it became a bit of a "How to splatter blood" vehicle with 3 & 4.
                        I wish Clear didn’t die in FD2....the way I wish Randy didn’t die in Scream 2 either

Two of the most undeserving movie deaths
                        Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

I wish Clear didn’t die in FD2....the way I wish Randy didn’t die in Scream 2 either

Clear was the best character in the franchise for sure, relatable and someone people rooted for. (Her death was also really bland, if they were gonna kill her atleast do it good).

Randy fan also, he was a pivotal character, basically the spirit of the movie was told through him, he knew the rules.
                          Scream was the first "slasher" I ever saw, what a movie. Still so good!!!! The opening sequence has never been topped.

Comment

• [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, I think this was the highest peaking rap song in your hole for the longest time.
                            Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                            You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

Clear was the best character in the franchise for sure, relatable and someone people rooted for. (Her death was also really bland, if they were gonna kill her atleast do it good).

Randy fan also, he was a pivotal character, basically the spirit of the movie was told through him, he knew the rules.
                              Scream was the first "slasher" I ever saw, what a movie. Still so good!!!! The opening sequence has never been topped.

Drew did her thing there. That whole sequence is kinda more epic than the rest of the movie tbh.

Comment

• Men (male bitches) who hate on successful powerful women almost always look like a pile of shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  Certainly not the case with Celine - her business dealings are legendary.

Back in the 90s, her and Rene negotiated a royalty rate of up to 25%, which I recall being the highest of any non-songwriter in the industry - they did this through her publishing company Duffield Music. It pissed established acts like Jim Steinman and Carole King off massively (see example article: http://jimsteinman.com/sacred.htm).

Celine had the best of both worlds - the royalty rate of a top tier songwriter and the touring gross of a top tier live act.
                                  Celine was blessed to have someone that truly cared for her. Most people in the music industry during the 90s had to deal with money hungry demons that only wanted to drain the artist.
                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                    This always makes me laugh so hard

That sketch of a steroid abuser at 21:30

Comment

• Underrated <3 except the part about marking her territory like a dog

Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

The FD movies are fantastic for what they are.
                                        Randy’s death in Scream 2 was dogshite, especially when you realise it was the middle-aged woman that dragged him into the van and stabbed him hundreds of times over. Almost as unrealistic as Courteney Cox’s awful hair in Scream 3.

Comment

• [MENTION=32337]MusicRecords[/MENTION]: It was the doom of the era, not the single itself. It's not the best ballad of all times but solid and would've received a feedback had it been featured on 'Circus' or 'Glory'. 'Britney Jean' simply was a mistake she had to commit to grow bigger from it...
                                          Pro: freedom of speech
                                          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Tbh, Britney lasted far more than she deserved. Her fans should be thankful about that.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• [MENTION=87686]NormiMalone[/MENTION], [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION] I can't believe I didn't know there was a 4th & 5th movie. I'll have to try and find these.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                                [MENTION=87686]NormiMalone[/MENTION], [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION] I can't believe I didn't know there was a 4th & 5th movie. I'll have to try and find these.
                                                Part 5 is on Netflix here, but I don't know about other countries. It's def worth the watch!

Comment

• Anxiety is the worst, I hate it.
                                                  be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby View Post
                                                    Anxiety is the worst, I hate it.
                                                    Tell me about it!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X