This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    Men (male bitches) who hate on successful powerful women almost always look like a pile of shit.
    I only hate successful american popstars (can't say just popstars, U.S. Urban/Rock/Electronic music also gets favours), cause U.S. showbiz really has it easier than the rest of the world without any rightful reason other than marketing.
    Last edited by heppolo; Tue September 3, 2019, 16:32.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
      I only hate successful american popstars (can't say just popstars, U.S. Urban/Rock/Electronic music also gets favours), cause U.S. showbiz really has it easier than the rest of the world without any rightful reason other than marketing.
      Maybe it's something you have against the US country rather than the artists involved? think about it because I think deep inside it's just an unsolved issue you have with that country in particular and you're holding it against / or directing your frustration towards the artists themselves.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• There's a dutch (stupid) tv show and some music critic was sitting there claiming women weren't able to make great music because they don't have what it takes, he literally claimed that no woman has even been as good as males.
        Thankfully the backlash he got was huge. I can't even stand the sight of that pig.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
          Maybe it's something you have against the US country rather than the artists involved? think about it because I think deep inside it's just an unsolved issue you have with that country in particular and you're holding it against / or directing your frustration towards the artists themselves.
          Not really, U.S. could have been better as a country for sure (to really serve as an example), but we have much worse states on this very planet.
          I just want their showbiz to find itself at the same league as the U.S. GDP per capita data in comparison to other countries (8th-9th position). Also it's about time to have an afrobeat, calypso or flamenco-influenced number ones from Nicaragua or Cape Verde at the top of the BB Hot 100, for instance.
          U.S. showbiz (pumped by major labels $$$ and the short-term profit approach) has basically supressed talent and any serious risk-taking in pop rather than encourage it.
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
            There's a dutch (stupid) tv show and some music critic was sitting there claiming women weren't able to make great music because they don't have what it takes, he literally claimed that no woman has even been as good as males.
            Thankfully the backlash he got was huge. I can't even stand the sight of that pig.
            I knew who you are talking about, he is a pig indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Tbh, Britney lasted far more than she deserved. Her fans should be thankful about that.
              She peaked with her 1st album with her 1st single being her biggest hit...

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                She peaked with her 1st album with her 1st single being her biggest hit...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                  Men (male bitches) who hate on successful powerful women almost always look like a pile of shit.
                  Aww someone took it personally.
                  BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                    Don’t you eat piles of shit for dinner tho?
                    Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                    You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, I think this was the highest peaking rap song in your hole for the longest time.
                        98 - OUT

Comment

[MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, I think this was the highest peaking rap song in your hole for the longest time.
                          98 - OUT

Comment

only if the bottom hasn't cleaned up properly.
                            98 - OUT

Comment

only if the bottom hasn't cleaned up properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                [MENTION=87686]NormiMalone[/MENTION], [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION] I can't believe I didn't know there was a 4th & 5th movie. I'll have to try and find these.
                                I actually didn't know about the latest two installment, either. I'm a little behind, but looking forward to checking them out.
                                The sands of time fade into dark
                                Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                A message to madness
                                Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Who would have thought that a new age song from one very successful yet overlooked (deemed as boring) singer Enya ended up as the 2nd most streamed and remembered female solo song of the year 2000 on Spotify?

1. Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again - 224,295,218
                                  2. Enya - Only Time - 117,622,980
                                  3. Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird - 116,729,515
                                  5. Dido - Thank You - 98,908,173
                                  6. Britney Spears - My Only Wish (This Year) - 91,400,000
                                  7. Jennifer Lopez - Let's Get Loud - 86,091,137
                                  8. LeAnn Rimes - Can't Fight The Moonlight - 58,948,944
                                  9. Britney Spears - Stronger - 50,602,302
                                  10. Toni Braxton - He Wasn't Man Enough - 48,636,419
                                  11. Britney Spears - Lucky - 47,388,920
                                  12. Jennifer Lopez - Love Don't Cost A Thing - 46,198,529
                                  13. Christina Aguilera - What A Girl Wants - 43,091,547
                                  14. Aaliyah - Try Again - 37,937,384
                                  15. Christina Aguilera - Come On Over (All I Want Is You) - 34,115,998
                                  16. Anastacia - I'm Outta Love - 30,593,374
                                  17. Madonna - Music - 29,412,826
                                  18. Christina Aguilera - Pero Me Acuerdo De ti - 19,003,815
                                  19. P!nk - There You Go - 18,568,782
                                  20. Christina Aguilera - I Turn To You - 18,207,254

Janet Jackson - Doesn't Really Matter - 4,441,783

---

Look all the hits Enya beat

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                    Do you not buy cd's at all anymore or just less than you used to?
                                    I personally don't bother buying a random album I like, but I have certain artists I hold very dear and I'd be weird to just stop collecting the physicals for some reason.
                                    Last year I only bought Mariah's Caution (Japanese edition with bonus track). And I bought the 10 CD/3 DVD box set of Debbie Gibson with lots of special songs and remixes. But I don't buy regular albums anymore. I didn't buy the last Janet Jackson album, nor the last album by Celine Dion. I even didn't buy Madonna's Madame X.

I always enjoyed collecting physicals by my faves. But now I feel it is not complete anyway. It started when Mariah released Almost Home and I just had to buy it via iTunes as it was not available on CD. Other artists started to release digital only songs and I just felt my collection was not that important anymore. Then when I "discovered" Spotify in the fall of 2015, I felt less and less intrested in buying CD's. Especially as I noticed I hardly play CD's anymore. I prefer to make my own playlists and have thousands of songs in my pocket. I don't think I bought any CD this year. Sometimes my husband tries to surprise me with a new CD and I just don't feel the enthousiasm anymore when he gives it to me. It's like "Oh, I have already listened to it on Spotify and even deleted some of the songs from my playlist already..."
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I can’t listen to that Enya song because it takes me straight back to 9/11.

Comment

I can’t listen to that Enya song because it takes me straight back to 9/11.
                                        Last edited by aRat; Tue September 3, 2019, 22:00.
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

I can’t see it but I know exactly what this is.

Comment

(Hats off though, that was extremely well played. You may have won the internet---or at least UKMix---for today )
                                            The sands of time fade into dark
                                            Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                            A message to madness
                                            Feel music that's realness

Comment

A truly prophetic shot.

At least I was good and distracted from the terrorist attack and the aftermath.

Comment

yeah, the good sis can't take the heat
                                                Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Two tragedies in one.

Comment

• Wow is that GIF real?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X