• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan
    Originally posted by stevyy
    "Respect" is the diva anthem to end all diva anthems. It's so amazing.
    make it happen says helleaux
    And I say goodbye.
    you mean bye bye?!!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    And I say goodbye.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    That rain just won't let up. :(

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by MichielMC
    Big fat mess
    nicole scherzy promo

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Big fat mess

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    What's so crazy about June 25th 2009 is that Farrah Fawcett was the queen of the 70s and Michael was the king of the 80s. Also like the 27 club, there should be a 25th club.

Aaliayh- August 25th
    Left Eye- April 25th
    Michael Jackson- June 25th
    James Brown- December 25th

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Why is it a crime to buy a CD of someone that you always loved and of whom you already owned all albums, except for some compilations?

This is pathetic imo. I also bought Whitney's debut album - deluxe edition after she had died and i also bought lioness by Amy... and I am still completing my Lennon collection and he is dead as well...

I didn't know that ppl look down on other ppl for buying music by dead artists. Lemme destroy my parents Van Gogh and our Steinway piano... the bros are also dead. And you better not buy anything by Adolf, ADI, Dassler, DAS, Ford, Daimler, Siemens and co either.. dead dead dead ppl.
    +1

MJ was the biggest worldwide selling artist in 2009.... 90% of those sales came after the 25th of June. So I don't see the fuss. Death *always* boosts sales. See Elvis, see Lennon, see Cobain, see Aaliyah, see a bunch of others

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Why is it a crime to buy a CD of someone that you always loved and of whom you already owned all albums, except for some compilations?

This is pathetic imo. I also bought Whitney's debut album - deluxe edition after she had died and i also bought lioness by Amy... and I am still completing my Lennon collection and he is dead as well...

I didn't know that ppl look down on other ppl for buying music by dead artists. Lemme destroy my parents Van Gogh and our Steinway piano... the bros are also dead. And you better not buy anything by Adolf, ADI, Dassler, DAS, Ford, Daimler, Siemens and co either.. dead dead dead ppl.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by theArmy
    I don't need to explain myself, if u don't get it by yourself, then.....
    Well, I have been a MJ fan since I was a child in the 80s so I had everything I needed of his before June 25, 2009.... but why single Stevyy out? I remember very well the pandemonium that ensued the days afterwards, places that sold cd's were completely sold out of everything MJ oriented... even albums like Blood On The Dance Floor were selling because people were buying anything and everything MJ related. I vividly remember a record store here that has since closed its doors who were totally blown out of all MJ/J5 related cd's that had a big sign saying they wouldn't be getting any Michael related cd's until Wednesday the next week. Why give one person hell for buying a MJ album after he died when the whole world went MJ crazy for a few months there in the summer of 2009 and stores literally couldn't keep his cd's on the shelves at a time where nobody buys cd's anymore to begin with.

Big star deaths always renew interest in their catalog. Remember when Whitney cd's that you could get for a penny on Amazon were back in the top 20 on Billboard in the wake of her death? It's nothing new.... as far back as the days of Elvis' death have we seen album sales surge in the wake.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    In both MJ and WH's case, there was a large "what if?" cloud that loomed over because both cases were so much wasted talent and all the great songs unrecorded and the memories we'll never have because of personal issues for both artists. Michael's scandals took him out of the game for too many years and he recorded so little in his latter years, and of course Whitney's addictions kept her out of the game too long as well. I always wonder how their paths would've been had MJ not been rocked with accusations and Whitney had not met Bobby Brown.
    Whitney was well into drugs before she met Bobby but I guess things might have been different if she met somebody who didn't put up with it.
    Well that is true. A lot of famous people were using coke in the 80s and early 90s... but Bobby seemed to be the one who enabled her and made it worse by giving in and making her once spotless public image to be trashy. Without Bobby, I wonder if her image would've fallen off the rails like it did and then end up with COPD and other lung diseases that ruined her golden voice.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    so hostile...

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    The very next day I went to a local record store and grabbed the last MJ album they still had (Number Ones) to honor him.
    this is ridiculous, but good for u
    why?

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    The very next day I went to a local record store and grabbed the last MJ album they still had (Number Ones) to honor him.

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Oh yeah I remember Michael Jackson's death. Apart from shocking it was weird, I woke up early that day, I had an exam and while I was driving I heard on radio that Farrah Fawcett (One of Charlie's Angels) had just died and I was like what a shame, then I was busy and stuff for all the morning and later I went to my grandmother's house, it was early afternoon like 3 o'clock or something and as soon as I opened the door my aunt (that was there) told me there was a rumor that Michael Jackson had died, and I was like what? I run and turned the TV on and it was there on CNN, but at that time no one could confirm if he was dead or not, people were crying, radio was playing his songs like crazy, The internet news were reporting he was in coma and I couldn't believe it, then hours later it was officialy confirmed he died and I was shocked, I couldn't believe it, People's reaction was out of this world, I felt sad.

I also remember Aaliyah's death, it really shocked me, I was young like 10 years old when she died but I was already a fan of MTV and that stuff so I knew who she was, I remember I used to think she had such a great style and when I saw on TV she died, I can't explain it but it was massively shocking, that death really shocked many people and everyone had something to say about it, it was on the media for months. I think the fact that she was so young and the horrible way she died made it shocking. Still to this day everyone remembers the news of her death.

And Whitney? Well that was shocking as well because it was so unexpected, like she was spotted at a party the prior night and the next day I was on some random forum and saw she died and I was like WTF and I had to check the news to see if it was truth and unfortunately it was, I started to think about her career and realised another icon's and legend's life had come to an end. it was also very weird / bizarre that there was a Grammy party in the same hotel she died and many stars attended while her dead body was on that same building.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    i remember Michael's death vividly. I was watching the late night news here and suddenly they interrupted the program for a special report and then they said that Michael was in a coma and nobody knows what caused this. Later his condition was updated by a written text under each and every program here. I then switched to CNN immediately to get live coverage and logged on to UKMIX and we already had a topic here and people were in shock. Up until the Los Angeles Times confimed his death - which at the time wasn't confirmed by CNN - I lost it. The very next day I went to a local record store and grabbed the last MJ album they still had (Number Ones) to honor him.

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRager
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I found out about Whitney's death while at work. I had to hide in the bathroom for the rest of my shift. I was pretending I had food poisoning although I was really crying my heart out.
    u actually had me in goosebumps with this :(
    Sounds just like me when Avrils last album sold 44k
    It sold 150K in total tho

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I think Aaliyah's death had the biggest impact on me. I was such a huge fan. I remember jammin to "Age ain't nothing" as a little kid. I loved One in a Million but when she came out with "Are you that somebody" lord I started to worship her. I remember falling off my bike when I heard We Need a Resolution for the first time. I could not believe that beat I was hearing. My sister and I were waiting patiently for the Rock the Boat video. Next thing you know, my ass sister runs to the basement to tell my brother and I Aaliyah died. We did not believe her until we cut on the radio and every station was playing her songs. I lived in Detroit at the time so everyone was really sad.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Aaliyah's death really hit me. I wasn't even a massive fan of hers when I heard the news. But she was so young and had sooo much potential. Her career was taking off and then it was all gone in such a tragic and horrific end.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by LionH3art
    Originally posted by KokoCollino
    Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
    Originally posted by biscuits
    You gays
    I'm sure if it was women doing the same thing, straight guys would enjoy it too.
    Oh biscuits you're straight?
    Yes I am! Look at my bio - straight Janet Jackson fan

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    In both MJ and WH's case, there was a large "what if?" cloud that loomed over because both cases were so much wasted talent and all the great songs unrecorded and the memories we'll never have because of personal issues for both artists. Michael's scandals took him out of the game for too many years and he recorded so little in his latter years, and of course Whitney's addictions kept her out of the game too long as well. I always wonder how their paths would've been had MJ not been rocked with accusations and Whitney had not met Bobby Brown.
    Whitney was well into drugs before she met Bobby but I guess things might have been different if she met somebody who didn't put up with it.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie
    Haha somebody thought i was 16, i was like "im turning 20 this friday" and then he was like "woah" ugh its weard now but hopefully i still look a few years younger when im 50 or something
    Does anybody else has this?
    sometimes i still have to show my ID when buying alcohol (and I'm 30). #queenoflookingfetus

Leave a comment:

Working...
X