X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colbie
    replied
    Haha somebody thought i was 16, i was like "im turning 20 this friday" and then he was like "woah" ugh its weard now but hopefully i still look a few years younger when im 50 or something
    Does anybody else has this?

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    Originally posted by oasisbobo
    Could everyone like this picture? It is a vote for me to win a prize! It would be mega appreciated

https://www.facebook.com/49695826047990 ... tif_t=like

Done!

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    Haven't self promo'd in here for a while...

Leave a comment:

• oasisbobo
    replied
    Could everyone like this picture? It is a vote for me to win a prize! It would be mega appreciated

https://www.facebook.com/49695826047990 ... tif_t=like

Leave a comment:

• MrRager
    replied
    Originally posted by theArmy
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I found out about Whitney's death while at work. I had to hide in the bathroom for the rest of my shift. I was pretending I had food poisoning although I was really crying my heart out.
    u actually had me in goosebumps with this :(
    Sounds just like me when Avrils last album sold 44k

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I found out about Whitney's death while at work. I had to hide in the bathroom for the rest of my shift. I was pretending I had food poisoning although I was really crying my heart out.
    u actually had me in goosebumps with this :(

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    In both MJ and WH's case, there was a large "what if?" cloud that loomed over because both cases were so much wasted talent and all the great songs unrecorded and the memories we'll never have because of personal issues for both artists. Michael's scandals took him out of the game for too many years and he recorded so little in his latter years, and of course Whitney's addictions kept her out of the game too long as well. I always wonder how their paths would've been had MJ not been rocked with accusations and Whitney had not met Bobby Brown.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    MJ's death was sad but Whitney's death legit hit me like I had lost an auntie or something. That was TOO sad.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    I was deeply affected by Michael and Whitney's deaths, but I feel with Michael, everyone I knew was in mourning - my sister, who wasn't even with me at the time, called to discuss it, Michael was on every news channel for a solid two months, radio here played his music for a long while after June 2009, etc. - whereas I felt like I was grieving with only a small circle of friends and family with Whitney.

I feel like the world stopped and acknowledged we'd lost an all-time great (possibly the greatest ever) with Michael, but not with Whitney.

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    This time was different
    Felt like, I was just a victim
    And it cut me like a knife
    When you walked out of my life
    Now I'm, in this condition
    And I've, got all the symptoms
    Of a girl with a broken heart
    But no matter what you'll never see me

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    So, Tom Jones is one of the ALL-TIME greats in music - undeniable. However, WTF was he thinking duetting with Robbie in 1997:

[youtube:11ynrabf]PYR4sUF2Ok4[/youtube:11ynrabf]

It's one of the most amazing performances I've ever seen. Robbie is off his tits. That dancing though... <<

Robbie later said that Tom agreeing to perform with him on this night was a game-changer - it legitimised him.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Donna was the saddest of the Michael/Whitney/Donna deaths for me - I teared up at all of them tbh, but I was enamored with Donna's music for weeks/months after her death. Absolutely incredible artist, and her death was so out of nowhere as well.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    since we are speaking of celebrity deaths... for me the most "impacting" one on my life was Princess Diana.

A close 2nd is Michael and then Whitney.. All three of them left me in a state of a deep shock and I mourned them for months and I could still cry and get furious thinking about it.

Weirdly, I was also VERY much shocked to hear about Anna Nicole Smith's death because I was secretly rooting for her.

There are dozens more celebrity deaths that impacted me, but those have to be the most shocking ones for me.

Robin Williams is also up there, now that I'm thinking about it.

There are currently 3 celebrities left which would push me close to suicide should they die anytime soon: Mariah, Robbie and the emperor of acting Joaquin. They are family to me.
    MJ, Whitney and Donna's were all ones I took pretty hard in the past 6-7. MJ and Whitney were two of the biggest stars of the world when I was a child and I loved both growing up. To be honest, Whitney's death was one I was more prepared to expect because of her trainwrecky her life had become and how she threw so much away, but it was still a huge bummer and a major loss from my youth. Donna was also really sad and underrated, nobody knew she was battling cancer, we'd heard rumors she was making a new album. It came out of nowhere when I turned on TV and saw "Breaking News: Donna Summer Dies". I was a huge fan of her music and thought Crayons was a great comeback album for her after so many years away, and then she died before following it up.

Robin's death is one that is sadder in retrospect going back and watching all his great performances and realizing what we've lost compared to at the time. Joan Rivers is another death that gets sadder the longer she's been gone.

Farrah's death was sad as well but she had a very public battle where we all were given time to say goodbye to her before she left, as opposed to how Michael came out of nowhere the same day. A lot of people say they feel bad for how Michael overshadowed Farrah, who as also a huge icon in her time as well... but honestly, Farrah died with the whole world saying goodbye, she felt the love. Michael didn't, he passed away suddenly and shockingly.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    I miss Kesha :(
    +1 i wish she toured here, I'd pay with my bodeh for the tickets :(

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    I love

''Stepheeeen
    Why won't u call me??
    I'm sitting here waiting
    Whyyyy
    won't
    u
    call
    me?''

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Was never a huge fan of her but The Harold Song >>>>>>>

Leave a comment:

• Storyteller
    replied
    She’s on Jane The Virgin this week (Tomorrow), I think.

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    the good Lord took Kesha and gave Ariana to us and u ain't appreciating it like ya should, sistren

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Originally posted by Serby
    I made Pasteis de nata (before even ever trying the real, original ones) and my Portuguese roomate approved! She said they are really good, yaaaaahs!
    May I ask what this is?
    Think mini custard tarts, but as Portuguese as it gets, it has a royal status there. Google some pics, your mouth will water!

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLamb
    Is it wrong to want to listen to christmas music already?
    oh it's that time of the year again

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Rik Mayall's death was the only recent death to genuinely sadden me a lot. Robin too.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    since we are speaking of celebrity deaths... for me the most "impacting" one on my life was Princess Diana.

A close 2nd is Michael and then Whitney.. All three of them left me in a state of a deep shock and I mourned them for months and I could still cry and get furious thinking about it.

Weirdly, I was also VERY much shocked to hear about Anna Nicole Smith's death because I was secretly rooting for her.

There are dozens more celebrity deaths that impacted me, but those have to be the most shocking ones for me.

Robin Williams is also up there, now that I'm thinking about it.

There are currently 3 celebrities left which would push me close to suicide should they die anytime soon: Mariah, Robbie and the emperor of acting Joaquin. They are family to me.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Listen to the Carpenters one, love that one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X