Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    I actually thought that this was based on impact. At least it made sense for most of the 90s and the 00s. Unfortunately, I feel like the last few years lacked that one album massive in impact. It feels a bit odd having albums like 'reputation.', 'The Truth About Love' or 'ANTI' in the same list as ''Jagged Little Pill', 'Back to Black' or 'The Fame' - albums that wrote pop music history...
    The Fame (and pre-Shallow Gaga in general) are forgagatten.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by heppolo View Post
      ^Of all the people, Olivia Newton-John was surprisingly the first sign of things to come
      Editing my post, you're right actually.

      Comment


      • Mariah Carey is the most relevant Kween of them all. She's young, talented and beautiful.
        Cha Cha Instructor

        Comment


        • Originally posted by heppolo View Post
          ^Of all the people, Olivia Newton-John was surprisingly the first sign of things to come
          Donna Summer, I think
          Originally posted by abi on GOAT
          You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

          I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
            The Fame (and pre-Shallow Gaga in general) are forgagatten.
            Now now Poker Face, Bad Romance and Alejandro are not forGaGatten. Everything from Born This Way till that terribad Dead Aunt album are completely erased though. Like Janet level erased and forGaGatten.
            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
            98 - OUT

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              Donna Summer, I think
              Originally posted by heppolo View Post
              ^Of all the people, Olivia Newton-John was surprisingly the first sign of things to come
              They may have started it but Madino was the one who made it the dominating standard for the decades to come. Nothing was the same after the rollout of the Like A Virgin - True Blue - Like A Prayer - Vogue - GODrotica eras
              Last edited by aRat; Sat September 7, 2019, 21:00.
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

              Comment


              • Dead aunt album I can't

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                  Phew this makes me appreatiate that popstitutes dominated after the 80s cuz gworl everything before that seemed boring af
                  probably that compilation is a bit off, since some years definitely have bigger sellers from the outside of English-language zone.

                  and also...Is Enya the only one in this list without songs about love, partying or relationships?
                  Waffles are checked cookies

                  Comment


                  • [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION] that "joke" is as old as the album though You need to brush up the popstitute knowledge.
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                    .

                    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                      They may have started it but Madino was the one who made it the dominating standard for the decades to come. Nothing was the same after the rollout of the Like A Virgin - True Blue - Like A Prayer - Vogue - GODrotica eras
                      The original ratchet anthem:
                      Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                      You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

                      I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

                      Comment


                      • The fact that forGaGatten made an album about her aunt claiming she had a special connection with her but it turned out that that aunt died before Gaga was even born.

                        The level of fakeness and pretentiousness is unprecedented.
                        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                        98 - OUT

                        Comment


                        • Joanne sucked, but I still liked this one.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                            The fact that forGaGatten made an album about her aunt claiming she had a special connection with her but it turned out that that aunt died before Gaga was even born.

                            The level of fakeness and pretentiousness is unprecedented.
                            Everything about Gaga is fake.
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                              [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION]You need to brush up the popstitute knowledge.
                              That's actually the tea.
                              It's prolly not gonna happen, but atleast this board inspires me from unexpected places lol.

                              Comment


                              • At least Gaga has talent, unlike our fave
                                Cha Cha Instructor

                                Comment


                                • She's always been a fake but she has the talent to get away with it. No one else would have gotten away with that "There could be a 100 people in a room..." crap. I really wonder what she'd really be like...I bet she's actually just really boring.

                                  Comment


                                  • Talent is a tricky thing though, like I can realize Gaga is extremely talented yet I would still take someone like Rihanna over her anyday.
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                      At least Gaga has talent, unlike our fave
                                      Talent means nothing when half of her music is unlistenable, dated and forGaGatten. Talent also won't ever make her outsell Madonna or become the Queen Of Pop

                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

                                      Comment


                                      • The Glee-Era made some forgotten songs become massive hits all over again.

                                        I HIGHLY doubt Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' would have over 600 million YouTube views had it not been for Glee. Also, Don't Stop Believing is one of the best selling digital songs from the 80s thanks to the help of Glee. Whoever owns those royalties is probably still making loads of money from Glee.
                                        Diva!!!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                          Talent means nothing when half of her music is unlistenable, dated and forGaGatten. Talent also won't ever make her outsell Madonna or become the Queen Of Pop
                                          Exactly.

                                          There are artists who are talented but I don't like the material they create so that talent is useless for me, I do / get nothing with it.
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                            I really wonder what she'd really be like...I bet she's actually just really boring.
                                            Yeah i have the same feeling about her + she seemed really boring and bland in the videos before she got famous.
                                            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                            98 - OUT

                                            Comment


                                            • Talent ≠ Good Music

                                              See most indie/downtempo pop
                                              Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                                              You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

                                              I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

                                              Comment


                                              • Well, at least she got an Oscar

                                                Madonna wouldn't have survived if she debuted in 2000's. She's a good performer but she's fading away as witnessed with Eurovision performance. Maybe she should retire gracefully.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

                                                Comment


                                                • speaking of retired acts... when will Paolo Nutini return to music? It's been 84 years....

                                                  My Chart

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                                    The Glee-Era made some forgotten songs become massive hits all over again.

                                                    I HIGHLY doubt Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' would have over 600 million YouTube views had it not been for Glee. Also, Don't Stop Believing is one of the best selling digital songs from the 80s thanks to the help of Glee. Whoever owns those royalties is probably still making loads of money from Glee.
                                                    Glee definitely helped, but Don't Stop Believin' already had a cult following due to the song being used in the famous and infamous last scene of The Sopranos.

                                                    https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...tunes-download
                                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                                    .

                                                    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X