This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
    Based on what? Vocals do not equal talent. By that logic we can say that any contestant ever on any talent show is great talent and put them next to biggest artists ever.
    I think you're giving too much importance to the word "talent".

Who cares if Madonna wasn't the most talented woman out there? is that really important? She put out great music, great visuals, great tours, and caused a huge impact in the music business. That's what is all about in the end for Pop music.

I don't know why so many people are afraid of that word ("talent") . . like if someone not being "talented enough" was the end of the world or something. There are talented people who are not "interesting".
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
      it's funny how the late 80s - early 90s saw the birth of fringe pop acts, which had all the makings of pop acts but where aimed solely for the niche market
      (Kurt Cobain apparently loved those Swedes)
      Army Of Lovers was a gem. I love Obsession and Plage de Saint Tropez a lot.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        Stunning. His music is almost unlistenable to me because it's so highly emotional.
        I remember when "My favorite faded fantasy" came out I was on the verge of a very painful breakup and I listened to that album during a train ride and I was just sitting there crying the whole time.
        Someone came up to me to ask if I was okay LOL. A mess...that never happened to me before and it never happened since.
        He's one of the most underrated male artists ever. His music is usually painful but very beautiful.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
          Honestly this Whitney song was pretty cool:

She wasn't always great but she definitely had her moments.
          Do you like WBT?
          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            Of course vocals = talent. Whitney, Adele, Céline, Mariah and many other great artists are known for their talent, aka singing.
            So you're limiting talent ONLY to vocals because you currently want to discredit Madonna?

Comment

• MY RIBS!!!! This IS my kind of concert. I really miss her

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                Do you like WBT?
                You know I like you Goldmoney but I'm not as absessed about WBT as some people are. I think it's a cool song but I prefer other Mariah stuff, generally for her I'd prefer anything on the "Butterfly" and "Rainbow" albums. "Rainbow" is very underrated.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• All The Man That I Need or Greatest Love Of All?
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Some make it, mistake it
                    Some force and some will fake it
                    I never meant to let you down
                    Some fret it, forget it
                    Some ruin and some regret it
                    I never meant to let you down

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                      Do you like WBT?
                      nnn I heard that wedding song at the mall last week
                      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• While the american divas were fighting for the cash, Mylène was busy making the best music videos.
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

All The Man That I Need or Greatest Love Of All?
                          "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Ghey Classic With Somebody" are her best songs.

DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• I know many will try to come for me when I say this and that is okay, but Adele's image played a MASSIVE role in her success. Adele came out as the white anti-sex symbol which is what the industry needed after the many complaints against the overly sexualized Rihanna, Gaga, Beyoncé, and Katy. Had she not been a "plus sized" white girl, she would have not even sold half of what she did. When it comes to "live" singing, her name being mentioned to vocal giants like Mariah and Whitney is almost insulting. Even some glamorous pop stars like Gaga and Beyoncé are far more superior when it comes to vocal "talent."

Now she has delivered some great music I will say. Her singles this decade were all deservingly massive and I do think she deserved all of her accolades. I also think it was an incredible thing to witness an artist sell the way that she did, especially for this decade in music.

Some may agree, some wont. That's okay! My opinion....
                            Diva!!!

Comment

• I have to agree on Whitney's discography though. Her voice upgraded even the most bland productions. Her albums overall really aren't good, musically speaking. To me she is a greatest hits artist with a hidden gem here and there.
                              The only album that worked as a whole was "My love is your love". She never really got the chance to make a masterpiece album IMO.

Comment

• Whitney was the best thing that happened to music, simple as that.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                  I know many will try to come for me when I say this and that is okay, but Adele's image played a MASSIVE role in her success. Adele came out as the white anti-sex symbol which is what the industry needed after the many complaints against the overly sexualized Rihanna, Gaga, Beyoncé, and Katy. Had she not been a "plus sized" white girl, she would have not even sold half of what she did. When it comes to "live" singing, her name being mentioned to vocal giants like Mariah and Whitney is almost insulting. Even some glamorous pop stars like Gaga and Beyoncé are far more superior when it comes to vocal "talent."

Now she has delivered some great music I will say. Her singles this decade were all deservingly massive and I do think she deserved all of her accolades. I also think it was an incredible thing to witness an artist sell the way that she did, especially for this decade in music.

I do think her image played a part, but her personality played even a bigger part. The "Fun uncensored British relatable girl".
                                  Her voice has never appealed to me, she's often flat singing live and her tone can be quite harsh and sharp.
                                  Her last album was a mind numbing bore so I'm very interested to see what she'll come up with.

Comment

I know many will try to come for me when I say this and that is okay, but Adele's image played a MASSIVE role in her success. Adele came out as the white anti-sex symbol which is what the industry needed after the many complaints against the overly sexualized Rihanna, Gaga, Beyoncé, and Katy. Had she not been a "plus sized" white girl, she would have not even sold half of what she did. When it comes to "live" singing, her name being mentioned to vocal giants like Mariah and Whitney is almost insulting. Even some glamorous pop stars like Gaga and Beyoncé are far more superior when it comes to vocal "talent."

You're 98% accurate except the GaGa part

Comment

I do think her image played a part, but her personality played even a bigger part. The "Fun uncensored British relatable girl".
                                      Her voice has never appealed to me, she's often flat singing live and her tone can be quite harsh and sharp.
                                      Her last album was a mind numbing bore so I'm very interested to see what she'll come up with.

Comment

You're 98% accurate except the GaGa part

Comment

• TF?

Comment

Not only her look, but her music, music started being very overproduced and electronic heavy when 21 exploded, people were ready for a change.

Adele is nothing spectacular, people just forgot that artists used to stand on stage and sing which is why her Brit performance went viral, during 2009/10 everyone started using gimmicks to gain attention and it was just right place and right time for her.

Comment

• I want to apologize, bc I want to make a complete U-turn and say that I repent everything I said about Miley. I know her insane rant against Mariah clouded my mind for a second, but her latest music is too good to be ignore and she needs more praise asap.

From what I have heard so far, none of the other popstitutes can compete with the music on Miley's next album. Mother's Daughter and Slide Away are the best 2 songs by any female of 2019. And they are both HER songs.

If anyone has ever come close to "be like Madonna" it is def. her...
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Ghey Classic With Somebody" are her best songs.

I’m Every Ghey >>> dem two

So many chocolate icons in the video.
                                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                                                  TF?
                                                  A double post inception mess.

Comment

Whitney was the best thing that happened to music, simple as that.
                                                    Not really, in order to be considered the best thing that happened to music the following criteria should be met by a vocalist:
                                                    - male falsetto;
                                                    - more male falsetto.

Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Working...
                                                    X