Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss an emoji that was used back in the day, it was like a rolling on the floor laugh one, literally.

Comment

• You've not let me down once [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION], so I'll have to check Marianne. [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION]'s endorsement only seals the deal. I am pressing play tonight, thanks for the tip!
      The sands of time fade into dark
      Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
      A message to madness
      Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
        You've not let me down once [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION], so I'll have to check Marianne. [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION]'s endorsement only seals the deal. I am pressing play tonight, thanks for the tip!
        It feels like a UKmix watch party lol, love it.
        I'm on episode 6 now and I wonder if my intutition towards the resolution of the show is right or now!
        It reminds me a bit of the great "Haunting off Hill House" show, but there's also some "Sharp Objects" in here.
        The French/European vibe makes it a bit more edgy.

Comment

• So much talent in one photo
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
            Or what, you're gonna force me to listen to that Angel song on repeat?
            Listen To Independent Woman instead boo, the superior Charlie's Angels song
            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
              Listen To Independent Woman instead boo, the superior Charlie's Angels song
              Feel good time is above them all
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• damn, those double posts are in full swing today
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I'll have to check Marianne.
                  look no further

Comment

Incorrect. These songs were released during the big house boom of the early 90s, so actually all of them were hits in the US:

Finally peaked at #20 on the Hot 100 and was certified gold, had inescapable airplay

Gypsy Woman peaked at #8, certified gold, was in regular rotation on pop, dance and R&B stations, has been sampled numerous times in recent years.

Show Me Love peaked at #5 and was certified gold, also received heavy airplay

Any 90's themed dance party would be incomplete without them and still get huge reactions.
                    in the UK they had a more singificant impact, that's most likely because the whole house scene was generally bigger in the UK.
                    For instance, "Gypsy Woman" and "Finally" peaked at #2. "Show Me Love" peaked at #6, but multiple re-releses had their own chart runs (1997 peaked at #9), whilst the U.S. only had initial release charting.

Comment

• anything longer than 1 sentence gets double posted, good.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                        in the UK they had a more singificant impact, that's most likely because the whole house scene was generally bigger in the UK.
                        For instance, "Gypsy Woman" and "Finally" peaked at #2. "Show Me Love" peaked at #6, but multiple re-releses had their own chart runs (1997 peaked at #9), whilst the U.S. only had initial release charting.
                        Hooray for the UK! Your initial assertion that those songs were "almost unknown (or didn't do well)" in the US is still incorrect
                        A message to madness

Comment

• It's been almost 20 years since I last loved a Vanessa Amorosi song. But she did it with her new single "Hello Me".

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

It feels like a UKmix watch party lol, love it.
                            I'm on episode 6 now and I wonder if my intutition towards the resolution of the show is right or now!
                            It reminds me a bit of the great "Haunting off Hill House" show, but there's also some "Sharp Objects" in here.
                            The French/European vibe makes it a bit more edgy.
                            Watched the first episode last night and...let's just say it took me to a place I didn't want to fall asleep in and had to put on an episode of The Lucy Show to reset myself! Don't think I'll be binging this one, I want to savor it over a few days. Very effective, thanks for the tip!
                            A message to madness

Comment

• I didn’t know Room 104 had more seasons! I really enjoyed the first one, it was a bit Black Mirror but more ambiguous.

Comment

Watched the first episode last night and...let's just say it took me to a place I didn't want to fall asleep in and had to put on an episode of The Lucy Show to reset myself! Don't think I'll be binging this one, I want to savor it over a few days. Very effective, thanks for the tip!
                                I thought the second half of the season was a not as good as the first but overall I was very pleased. I'd give the show an 8.0 overall.

Comment

• GOAT has some of y’all pressed. Attain a song of the decade and y’all have room to talk.
                                  Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                                  You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• ^The brainwashing of that gif doesn't do the song any favors, just saying

Comment

^The brainwashing of that gif doesn't do the song any favors, just saying
                                      That’s the Kween just don’t give an f gif
                                      Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                                      You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• It reminds me of my dog after she had a nice swim in some muddy ditch and she shakes her fur after climbing out.
                                        Not that that's a bad thing though, I love Mariah and I love my dog.

Comment

• This album pretty much helped me survive for the last few years. What a great body of work.

"Mama thinks she spoiled me
                                          Papa knows somehow he set me free
                                          Mama thinks she spoiled me rotten
                                          She blames herself
                                          But papa he blesses me
                                          It's a rough road to travel
                                          Mama let go now
                                          It's always called for me"

Comment

• Let's take a moment to appreciate his gem

Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• It is a nice song, @MusicRecord, indeed. She's not oversinging and the slight eurodance influence sounds organic along with her soft yet powerful vocals. I don't know her recent material in detail, but I remember having listened to a few audio samples when 'Ma vie dans la tienne' debuted in the Belgian top 10 and felt like the songs lacked drive. I know that eurodance can sound trashy by times, but maybe a slight dance or trip hip beat could give her songs that special something ;) .
                                              Pro: freedom of speech
                                              Contra: cancel culture

Comment

I thought the second half of the season was a not as good as the first but overall I was very pleased. I'd give the show an 8.0 overall.
                                                I hope they will bring it back for a second season. I agree that I did not like the episodes leading up to the lighthouse / school scenes. It was dragged on for quite some time... which made it a bit slow in the second half. However, I loved the ending... albeit it wasn't a surprise for advanced horror fans such as myself.

But for the shock value... and the suspense and overall great acting... I would give "Marianne" a steady 8,5 out of 10... among horror series' it's one of the best I've ever seen in my life.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• I've been with an airline for 8 years now and I still have near hear attacks during take off and landing.
                                                  I want to overcome my fear of heights but nothing works...
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Cute lil reminder that Dua Lipa is better & hotter than yalls uglee favs
                                                    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Working...
                                                    X