X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michiel
    replied
    Most of the people like the music most they got used to during their adolescent & early 20 years. Wasn't there some kind of psychological explanation for it? Just look at your parents or close relatives that are older, it's always the same cycle. People will say the same thing about the current scene of music in a decade or so. As hard it is to imagine it will be like that lol.

It just takes more effort to get into music once you get older. I guess your feelings are just less extreme, you have more experience, you don't get wowed that easily anymore, other responsabilities etc. There is still alot of good music out there obviously. It's not like all artists suddenly started to make bad music. The pop scene has changed alot but all the basics are still there, it's just trying to fit herself in the current age. I find it hard personally to say music got worse or better, I mean you wanna try to avoid to get stuck in that generation cycle no? I mean have you ever heard anyone saying omg music really got better the older I got? Don't think so lol. At the end of the day nobody is right.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    I barely like any music from before 00s, it all sounds so boring, samey, annoying and/or even creepy.
    that's what I think about most songs that are released in the last years

Leave a comment:

• LionH3art
    replied
    Originally posted by toni_pest
    90s were a mix of rock ballads, ac ballads and boring r&b... 00s and 10s are much more diverse chart wise
    Agree

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    90s were a mix of rock ballads, ac ballads and boring r&b ... 00s and 10s are much more diverse chart wise
    No,just no lol

Toni, please report to the headmasters office immediately #OffensiveOe

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    I barely like any music from before 00s, it all sounds so boring, samey, annoying and/or even creepy.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Originally posted by hugo
    The world needs a male pop star with a man's voice.
    How about Shakira
    i screamed a bit

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    90s were a mix of rock ballads, ac ballads and boring r&b... 00s and 10s are much more diverse chart wise
    weren't the late 80s more the "rock ballads" era? Nirvana et all... essentially killed off the power ballads that Bon Jovi, Poison, etc... put out. Power ballads were roughly 1986-1991.

Seriously though, look at the charts in the 90s and look at them today. Everything now is dictated by one or two trends total. Back then you had grunge, gangsta rap, dance-pop, AC, r&b, etc... all running parallel to each other at the same time. Not only that, but people liked multiple things going on in music too. It wasn't that hard to find someone who was into both Tupac and Nirvana, or liked both Alanis and Mary J. Blige, or like both Nine Inch Nails and Mariah. Now everything is so ridiculously segregated it isn't funny.

Which of course is why it's so easy for people like myself to crap on acts like Maroon 5 and Daughtry because it seriously is the only "rock" music entering the eardrums of the average top 40 listener today.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    The years from '96 to' 99 were the absolute best. So many great albums released in such a short period of time.
    As a big fan of RnB and Hip-hop,I have to agree.Toni,Lauryn, TLC,Fugees,Mariah,Lil Kim,Tupac,MJB,R.Kelly,Tevin Campbell,Janet and Keith Sweat released what IMO were the best albums of their careers in this period

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    1996-2001 also witnessed the second Wrestling boom...THE ATTITUDE ERA

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    The years from '96 to' 99 were the absolute best. So many great albums released in such a short period of time.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    90s were a mix of rock ballads, ac ballads and boring r&b ... 00s and 10s are much more diverse chart wise
    No,just no lol

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

The 90s were far more diverse than that: Hip Hop, Grunge, Pop, Britpop, Soul, House, etc etc.

The 00s and 10s can be summarized in one word, Beyoncé.

j/k

not really though.

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Screw the 2000s, I miss the 90s. Back when there was some actual diversity on the charts and multiple types of acts were slaying. The 2000s had too much rap, today is too much autotune/pop. The 90s was a good mixture of rap, pop, rock and r&b.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    Interesting...How do you define a man's voice though?
    https://youtu.be/SPRQBSitPOQ?t=3m54s

<3

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    UHHUUU

THEY DONT GO HARD AS I DO

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Interesting...How do you define a man's voice though?

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    Oh how I miss the 2000's...
    When everyone wanted to be "urban"
    When R&B & hip hop was the SH$T
    When it was cool to be ratchet
    TV was still good
    & Radio was still popping

Get into Korean R&B & Hip-Hop sis.

It's now taking over the Korean music industry. #KPopHew?

[youtube:3c5khdll]Skhwqq-iGQM[/youtube:3c5khdll]

*don't forget to turn on the subtitle*

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    How about Shakira

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Bring back Kushi and let Ukmix have ha Emancipation of Mimi

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    Originally posted by MrRager
    What happened to this thread? It used to be booming, now it's dead...
    Like the rest of the site....
    And the Internet. And Twitter. And Facebook. And politics. And Donald Trump.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRager
    Like the rest of the site....

Leave a comment:

• MrRager
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Lamprey, right? It's a somewhat popular delicacy here in Portugal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X