Clear All

• Hugo
    replied
    Go get 'em, Billy!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Not me planning two dates.

I'm so shy on dates but I'm tired of being single.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    So, where are all these new unrestricted immigrants going to live? They'll need instant access to houses, jobs, education, healthcare, social care, etc. That's not going to just magically build itself overnight. If it's going to be kept organised so that each country takes their fair share, who will make those decisions? How are you going to explain to a family that they have been allocated a poorer EU country to live in whilst the next group will be located in the wealthier UK to ensure sensible proportions?

The other factor to consider is that not all of these migrants are genuine asylum seekers. There are some (and I have no idea what proportion) who have jumped on the bandwagon because they want a better life for themselves, not because they are in fear of their safety etc. There was one guy on the news who had come from a North African country (I can't remember where) and he was saying he was forced to leave because he no longer had reliable wifi access at home. Are those people welcome too?

Ultimately, Migration is a phenomenon that has existed since humans first walked the earth. It is a simple mechanism of push and pull factors. As global inequality in the world increases, migration will continue to rise. I honestly don't think the solution can ever be solved "easily".

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    It's really not as complicated as we make it. They are people. Not a virus. Let them go where they need to (keep it organised so each country take their fair share / amount they can accommodate) and support them until they're integrated. Also supporting them if they wish to return to their country if it becomes safe in the near future.

Sure, the backwards people of the world (who it'd be nice to swap these people with) will scream "ermgurrrd how dare yewww spend maar money givin immigrants benefits so they doon die insted of useful ting lyk TRIDENT!!! #cutfrogenenaid We wernuut par responsbuul for rise ov isis a alll #wedonwonsharialawormuslums" but screw them. Seriously.

Obviously I've oversimplified this massively but coming up with a fully realised plan isn't on my list of priorities tonight but the EU can feel free to give me a call x

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by preyan
    Originally posted by Airwrecka
    Originally posted by Brad
    The entire situation is stupid and could easily be solved...
    How would you easily solve it then?
    Yes. Do say
    Brad in da trap, bb-brad in da trap

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Yes. Do say

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    What are your opinions about housing these folk Brad?

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    It's actually hilarious how we segregate ourselves into countries and try to stop others coming in. It's basic animal behaviour but we're meant to be the "most advanced and intelligent" of animals.

The entire situation is stupid and could easily be solved if people weren't so ignorant, xenophobic, chauvinistic, and jingoist.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    It's crazy that the situation has got this messy before people have started to seek "solutions". The very harsh reality is that most people in the EU do not want to accommodate these people (or are only happy to do so providing it doesn't actually affect them). We live in a world of high inequality, and unless the wealthy are going to voluntarily take a cut in living standards to balance out that inequality, you will never fix the problem. I think there needs to be more done to tackle the root of the issue (ie: why people are migrating in such large numbers in the first place), rather than a few token gestures of defence like a new wall and a fleeting visit to Calais by the British Home Secretary. It's a highly contentious issue, with no real easy solutions.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    My home country, Serbia, is one of the most affected countries by this problem cuz we're the crucial transit country and sooo many migrants are currently here and needless to say, general public opinion is so xenophonic, paranoic and negative, it's actually disguisting.

Same here. Many Syrians live and sleep in the streets of my hometown, hoping for a chance to cross to the nearest Greek Island.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    My home country, Serbia, is one of the most affected countries by this problem cuz we're the crucial transit country and sooo many migrants are currently here and needless to say, general public opinion is so xenophonic, paranoic and negative, it's actually disguisting.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Wonder what will happen in Europe now that immigrant problem is getting out of hand? I expect a rise for right/extreme right parties.
    No EU election until 2019, no presidential election in France until 2017, no federal election in Germany until 2017, no general election in Italy until 2018, no general election in the UK until 2020, no need to worry.

Only Portugal and Spain are left to vote this year and they're expected to elect left-wing governments. The French and Dutch elections 2017 could get messy if FN and PVV stay popular, but 2017 is too far away.

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Wonder what will happen in Europe now that immigrant problem is getting out of hand? I expect a rise for right/extreme right parties.
    I hope not. It would be disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    Lol, Rhys, you're completely crazy. I love you dragging Joshua Magaluf too.

Still waiting for my Oops video with red catsuit... and I still wanna see Biebz in one.

Hahahahahah thanks Dan <3

I will make it happen I promise

It just needs to be at the right moment

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

Ok Taylor Swift, I see you, looking pretty hot with facial hair.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Lol, Rhys, you're completely crazy. I love you dragging Joshua Magaluf too.

Still waiting for my Oops video with red catsuit... and I still wanna see Biebz in one.

Leave a comment:

• MrDiva
    replied
    Random thought:

Boys ike me blonde again. Can't wait to go out!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Not far from hitting 10k thinking, "S***, what have I done with my life?" But I think now is a good time as any to gradually phase myself out from the mix. My day job is becoming more and more demanding, so I'd have to put all of my time and attention into one realm, and it's not like anyone would care if I was gone anyway.

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    Originally posted by Alicepotter
    Originally posted by Tansike
    the good, quiet times are already over
    IKR. ToxicAliens is back.
    He was never gone, so i can't mean him
    Tansike and I are friends he wouldn't mean me anyway :evil:

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS