• My Top 5 BEST artists ever:
      1. Crazy Frog
      2. Bob The Builder
      3. 3 Of A Kind
      4. The Cheeky Girls
      5. Pinkfong
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• even Mr.Blobby had a Christmas Number One, unlike "All I Want For Christmas Is Boredom"

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          Based on talent:

Whitney
          Mariah
          Céline
          Madonna
          Janet
          not based on songwriting talent though which disqualifies all five.

Comment

• Panini is such a bop + it went top 5 on the Charts. [MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION] just can't stop losing
            Last edited by aRat; Thu October 17, 2019, 16:59.
            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
            98 - OUT

Comment

• Let’s see what happens with Herpa first.
              Originally posted by abi on GOAT
              You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• IMO the divas that truly dominated the most markets around the world (Real global status) were Madonna, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Avril Lavigne (Avril is very underrated in terms of success, during her peak she nailed every market / continent around the world from Europe, to Asia to Latin America like a pro).

Adele isn't that big in Asia right?, P!nk can smash hard but she was always a non-factor in markets like Asia and Latin America, Janet and Taylor are local , Tina Turner and Barbra were not that big in Asia right? And Beyoncé, I love her but she's quite unballanced depending on the market like she could huge in some markets and very modest in some others.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                  IMO the divas that truly dominated the most markets around the world (Real global status) were Madonna, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Avril Lavigne (Avril is very underrated in terms of success, during her peak she nailed every market / continent around the world from Europe, to Asia to Latin America like a pro).

Adele isn't that big in Asia right?, P!nk can smash hard but she was always a non-factor in markets like Asia and Latin America, Janet and Taylor are local , Tina Turner and Barbra were not that big in Asia right? And Beyoncé, I love her but she's quite unballanced depending on the market like she could huge in some markets and very modest in some others.
                  I think it's due to the kind of music Bey made over the rest. Her sound was always much more urban than the rest of the artist you listed.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                    not based on songwriting talent though which disqualifies all five.
                    In your opinion. One of those 5 has the most self penned US number ones for a female.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                      I think it's due to the kind of music Bey made over the rest. Her sound was always much more urban than the rest of the artist you listed.
                      Yeah I know that... Despite the sound I do think she's the biggest R&B / Urban artist to ever grace the world and music industry, so pretty cool regardless
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                        In your opinion. One of those 5 has the most self penned US number ones for a female.
                        were those entirely single-handedly self-penned and self-produced or just some credits given for the tiniest bit of lyrics or the faintest idea of melody (like in AIWFCIY)?

Comment

• "Best" is still an opinion.

So I'll go for my 15 most played female artists in the last four years:

01. Mariah Carey
                          02. Madonna
                          03. Céline Dion
                          04. Debbie Gibson
                          05. Lara Fabian
                          06. Kylie Minogue
                          07. Ariana Grande
                          08. Whitney Houston
                          09. Tina Arena
                          10. Sarah Connor
                          11. Janet Jackson
                          12. Laura Pausini
                          13. Mylène Farmer
                          14. Linda Eder
                          15. Christina Aguilera
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                            Yeah I know that... Despite the sound I do think she's the biggest R&B / Urban artist to ever grace the world and music industry, so pretty cool regardless
                            The Fact that she books stadium in Europe over many huge pop stars like Rihanna, shakira & Britney will always surprise me

Comment

The Fact that she books stadium in Europe over many huge pop stars like Rihanna, shakira & Britney will always surprise me
                              Her performance skills are unmatched.

Comment

were those entirely single-handedly self-penned and self-produced or just some credits given for the tiniest bit of lyrics or the faintest idea of melody (like in AIWFCIY)?
                                seethe, girl... or even better... stream Mariah's 19th #1 single, Xmas II U.
                                My Chart

Comment

seethe, girl... or even better... stream Mariah's 19th #1 single, Xmas II U.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Joni

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                      So Diana, Donna and Dionne are NOT the same person..

Because they're all black?

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                                        Because they're all black?
                                        This reminds me of a black colleague who couldn't tell some of our white colleagues apart "because white people all look the same".

Comment

“Single-handedly self-penned” lol how ridiculous

You do know that the majority of songwriters have writing partners right? You do know that everyone from Adele to Alanis Morissette co-write most of their songs as opposed to “single-handedly self-penning” every single one right? Does that mean they deserve less credit? A good writer knows how to collaborate.

FYI Mariah’s co-writer & producer for AIWFCIY has said himself that she pretty much wrote the whole thing and his contribution was more on the production side so stop talking out your ass

Comment

• Comment

• The Girls are lucky that Bey had creative control, because if she was a label puppet the others wouldn't have survived. Imagine how big the 4 Album would've been with her label controlling everything

Comment

• My 15 most listened to male artists (in the last four years):

01. Michael Bublé
                                                02. Sam Smith
                                                03. Gerard Joling
                                                04. Neil Diamond
                                                05. Lionel Richie
                                                06. Barry Manilow
                                                07. Jamai
                                                08. George Michael
                                                09. Rick Astley
                                                10. Michael Bolton
                                                11. Michael Jackson
                                                12. Marco Borsato
                                                13. Calum Scott
                                                14. Jim Reeves
                                                15. Luther Vandross

Comment

The Girls are lucky that Bey had creative control, because if she was a label puppet the others wouldn't have survived. Imagine how big the 4 Album would've been with her label controlling everything
                                                  4 would not exist with label control....
                                                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                    My 15 most listened to male artists (in the last four years):
                                                    03. Gerard Joling
                                                    04. Neil Diamond
                                                    07. Jamai
                                                    09. Rick Astley
                                                    10. Michael Bolton
                                                    12. Marco Borsato
                                                    14. Jim Reeves
                                                    Your top 15 ranked by MY scrobbles:

01 - 11 - 4,858 - Michael Jackson
                                                    02 - 13 - 3,302 - Calum Scott
                                                    03 - 02 - 2,508 - Sam Smith
                                                    04 - 01 - 1,397 - Michael Bublé
                                                    05 - 08 - 0,291 - George Michael
                                                    06 - 15 - 0,152 - Luther Vandross
                                                    07 - 05 - 0,016 - Lionel Richie
                                                    08 - 06 - 0,007 - Barry Manilow

0 plays for the rest
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X