This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
    Just heard G$'s GOAT on the radio just now!
    Still #3?
    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• G$, do you have a special memory regarding GOAT? Like a relationship or an important moment in your life?

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
        G$, do you have a special memory regarding GOAT? Like a relationship or an important moment in your life?
        I do... the year was 2005 and Stevyy got drunk for the first time in his royal life at the age of 19. Remember, I was a wholesome chile of YHWH. Miss Carey accompanied me to my drunketh downfall and helped me become wholesome again.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
          Still #3?
          The highest it can go is #2 and that's just because I love you sooo much that I'm willing to sacrifice my ABMB but Breakdown (ft Bone Thugs & Harmony) is the TRUTH!!!!! No other song compares vocally, lyrically or productionwise

Comment

G$, do you have a special memory regarding GOAT? Like a relationship or an important moment in your life?
            I'm no G$ but I remember I was 17 then madly in love with a guy who ended up being my best friend. We used to write each other letters cos we were so far apart and too broke to own Mobile phones. This was kinda our song when the holidays were over and had to depart to our respective schools. Then I moved to Chicago whereas he was still in Nairobi but we still kept in touch. I returned to Nairobi in late 2013 and we started Living together until 2015 when he got transferred to another province (2 of the best years of my life tbh). He died in 2016

Comment

The highest it can go is #2 and that's just because I love you sooo much that I'm willing to sacrifice my ABMB but Breakdown (ft Bone Thugs & Harmony) is the TRUTH!!!!! No other song compares vocally, lyrically or productionwise
              I need you to make that official
              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                I do... the year was 2005 and Stevyy got drunk for the first time in his royal life at the age of 19. Remember, I was a wholesome chile of YHWH. Miss Carey accompanied me to my drunketh downfall and helped me become wholesome again.
                Now you treat GOAT like the plague.
                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

2005 was a very nostalgic time for me but funnily enough, I didn’t become a lamb until 2006 when I listened to Emancipation in its entirety. But GOAT definitely opened up the floodgates.

It borrowed heavily from the trendy R&B of the moment but at the same time, I had never heard anything like it before. That piano intro which then breaks into a subtle hip hop beat transforming it from a simple pop song to a ghetto R&B song that could be played on black radio HEAVY, those hoodrat sensibilities, that first hook, those clever samples melding beautifully with the ingenious storytelling of verse 2, THAT RAP BRIDGE, BEST FOURTH WALL BREAK IN ANY SONG EVER, that second hook. Then, the unthinkable happens.... WHEN YOU LEFT I LOST A PART OF ME IT’S STILL SO HARD TO BELIEVE!!!! Best final minute in any song ever, not to mention the best vocal performance ever laid down on tape in the hundred-plus history of recorded music. And just when you thought Kween had nothing left in the tank? The final curtain call... WE BELONG TOGETHERRRRRRRRRRR. In the fifteen years since, not one artist, not ONE, has released anything close to 1% as good. Glitter hew? Emotional breakdown wut? Battle OVER.
                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

2005 was a very nostalgic time for me but funnily enough, I didn’t become a lamb until 2006 when I listened to Emancipation in its entirety. But GOAT definitely opened up the floodgates.

It borrowed heavily from the trendy R&B of the moment but at the same time, I had never heard anything like it before. That piano intro which then breaks into a subtle hip hop beat transforming it from a simple pop song to a ghetto R&B song that could be played on black radio HEAVY, those hoodrat sensibilities, that first hook, those clever samples melding beautifully with the ingenious storytelling of verse 2, THAT RAP BRIDGE, BEST FOURTH WALL BREAK IN ANY SONG EVER, that second hook. Then, the unthinkable happens.... WHEN YOU LEFT I LOST A PART OF ME IT’S STILL SO HARD TO BELIEVE!!!! Best final minute in any song ever, not to mention the best vocal performance ever laid down on tape in the hundred-plus history of recorded music. And just when you thought Kween had nothing left in the tank? The final curtain call... WE BELONG TOGETHERRRRRRRRRRR. In the fifteen years since, not one artist, not ONE, has released anything close to 1% as good. Glitter hew? Emotional breakdown wut? Battle OVER.
                    OK YOU WIN!

WBT is OFFICIALLY #2 GOAT!

Comment

OK YOU WIN!

WBT is OFFICIALLY #2 GOAT!
                      I’m getting there.
                      Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                        I am not

bet she will outsell the other two easily
                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

yes i have a question. well more of an observation. the fact that no bonafide live performance of this exists negates its vocal performance. We know it was recorded line by line.

Also i guess you have never heard this track which it was clearly heavily infleunced by

Last edited by InFamous; Wed October 23, 2019, 23:38.

Comment

• I never said the live performances lived up to GOAT’s standards. In fact, as Bellus so iconikally quoted...

Originally posted by Bellus View Post
                            Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                            Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            So does her microphone
                            Until an engineer or JD speaks out, then it’s merely a fabrication of your nanoscopic imagination. And I don’t know know what that is, but it sounds like every other generic mess from the late 70s.
                            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Unfortunately it seems one of the disabled plug ins to make this site run faster the ban function. Eh...
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

2005 was a very nostalgic time for me but funnily
                                Not you using a Beyoncé gif to punctuate your GOAT story!
                                She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Outside the single, TEOM was a terrible Album. Just awful

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                                    Not you using a Beyoncé gif to punctuate your GOAT story!
                                    So where does WBGOAT stand on your list?
                                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                      Outside the single, TEOM was a terrible Album. Just awful
                                      No

Comment

No

That is one of the greatest modern urban albums of all time. These young ones
                                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                          Outside the single, TEOM was a terrible Album. Just awful
                                          You should ask a doctor to have your tastebuds checked.

Comment

• There‘s so much great music to discover behind the Mariahzon.
                                            What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

• Is this the Mariah Carey section?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                You should ask a doctor to have your tastebuds checked.
                                                He is entitled to his opinion.

Comment

• I've been craving sushi all week. There's no good Japanese restaurant in my vicinity and I hate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                    I've been craving sushi all week. There's no good Japanese restaurant in my vicinity and I hate it.
                                                    Personally I would rather starve that eat that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X