X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Yes I think so, but its chorus is basically english as well .. It is definitely the only song that topped the Billboard charts with german in it though if Wikipedia doesn't lie

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    The thing with "99 Luftballons" by Nena is that the German version of the song was entirely unknown here, the band had to record an English version of the song titled "99 Red Balloons" and that was the version that was a hit over here. "Forever Young" is also sung in English.

Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" on the other hand became a classic over here in it's original German-sung language, it basically transcended the language barrier. But yeah I checked and he's from Austria, yet he still had the biggest German-language song out there right?

Leave a comment:

• floria
    replied
    In the charts back then it's 99 Luftballons, but now on the radios and streaming I think it's Forever Young.
    I think this song is quite memorable.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Falco is actually austrian and not german. So yes the biggest song from Germany is 99 Luftballons. They were pretty similar successwise though.
    Yes, exactly.

I love Falco's music.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Ah, my partner watched What Lies Beneath with me a few weeks ago and I immediately loved it!

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    "What lies beneath" is awesome!!! The finale is so good.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Falco is actually austrian and not german. So yes the biggest song from Germany is 99 Luftballons. They were pretty similar successwise though.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

This is Falco's biggest hit here, they still play this in bars where they regularly play 80's & 90's music

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I bought one in 2000 and loved it and used it until 2005/6. It's still working and I have it in a drawer in my study. I loved putting together songs / playlists on a minidisc.
    I didn't know they were still manufacturing new units in 2000, guess they just couldn't accept defeat.

I got mine around 93 or 94 I think, pack-in was emotions. The only prerecorded mini-disk I ever owned. I used mine right up until iPod got released. Battery life was great on the portable players, much better than portable cd. I used to get looks changing out disks in public. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    That song is disgusting, I thought the biggest song to come from his hole was...

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] this German tune is a classic in Latin America, everyone here knows it and latin bands have made samples and covers of this:

I don't know, could this be the most global song coming out of your hole?

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    She was such a Queen.
    I liked her "Counting Down The Days" era.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

U.S. extreme right-wing politics in a nutshell (this isn't a comedy skit btw)

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Torn is the most overplayed song ever, I can’t bare to hear it anymore.
    Her version of the song is stunning but it is indeed massively overplayed, that's the reason I barely listen to it these days.

However she has other songs that are very cool. "Smoke" is beautiful and hypnotic.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Torn is the most overplayed song ever, I can’t bare to hear it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I love several songs by Natalie Imbruglia

She was such a Queen.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    I thot they were very religious in Latin America, or is it more hymn centered?
    Yeah I'd say religion is very important but for christmas the traditional / folklore songs are the ones generally getting the most plays. That notion of having an anglo popstar singing a modern english christmas song is not really a thing that hits big over here.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Fortunately those stupid Christmas songs by pop artists are never a thing over here
    I thot they were very religious in Latin America, or is it more hymn centered?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Same here

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Ugh why is ATRL blocked all the time... I want to enjoy some tacky messy stan wars
    Same here

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    What Lies Beneath is a great film. Those that haven't seen it should definitely give it a go.

I haven't seen White Oleander, from the trailer, I'm not sure if I would find it interesting or not. Bit of a coming of age tale?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Where she gets paralyzed while taking a bath and has to find a way to get out and not to drown?
    Yes. It is that film!.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Be more specific.
    Where she gets paralyzed while taking a bath and has to find a way to get out and not to drown?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Isn't that the movie with the iconik bathtub scene?
    Be more specific.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Ugh why is ATRL blocked all the time... I want to enjoy some tacky messy stan wars and also see Beyonce's wig getting tossed around

Leave a comment:

Working...
X