X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    FORUM NEWS: the Mariah Carey topic hits 10,000 pages, 250,000 posts & 6.7m views.
    Now lock it for good.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    And I will go back to the statement about breeding: we breed farm animals specifically to eat, we don't breed dogs to eat. That is why I'm okay with the bacon sandwich I had for breakfast, but not with the deep fried dog that those Chinese people were illegally consuming.
    But this makes no sense imo, not a single bit. I get what you are saying if we are talking about eating your pets, but having a dog farm, so to say, would be no different.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    FORUM NEWS: the Mariah Carey topic hits 10,000 pages, 250,000 posts & 6.7m views.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by samra
    Why?
    Because to me, they are domesticated pets - that's why I said that it was wrong to eat them.

And evidently, they are to the majority of China too - as the practice of what we are currently debating has been outlawed and is illegally occurring.

And I will go back to the statement about breeding: we breed farm animals specifically to eat, we don't breed dogs to eat. That is why I'm okay with the bacon sandwich I had for breakfast, but not with the deep fried dog that those Chinese people were illegally consuming.

Anyway, I'm over this.

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by Shorty
    I wonder what it tastes like tbh. Not that I'd have a chance to find out, it's not like dog meat would be easy to get in NZ lol.

I see Shorty's a bit curious.

Just catch your neighbour's retriever n slam ha for a couple of good steaks. Don't forget to invite ur neighbours to dinner aswell

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by Shorty
    So if you don't want to eat a dog, it makes you a "selective vegetarian"??? :-?

Would any of you guys eat dog meat, though? You say dogs are no different to cows or pigs, so if somebody offered you dog meat, would you eat it? What if you were't sure it was dog but it could be?

I wonder what it tastes like tbh. Not that I'd have a chance to find out, it's not like dog meat would be easy to get in NZ lol.
    That's totally NOT the point. :-? There's not a single reason why is it any bit more wrong to eat a dog than eating any other animal. And I said selective vegetarian jokingly cuz majority of the vegetarian people don't eat meat cuz of the moral reasons, so to say.

Not sure if I would be able to eat it, cuz I also have this image of dogs as pets in my head, but realistically, it's irrational.

Leave a comment:

• hotMCfan
    replied
    I have tasted a dog before when I immersed to remote and poverty-stricken villages. I only ate a little (I didn't want to, but I don't want them to think that I'm a picky snob) and it just tasted like normal meat but it felt hot inside and it smells weird. Superstitions say though that other dogs will know that you ate a dog and attack you

Leave a comment:

• Alicepotter
    replied
    Originally posted by theArmy
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    I'm the biggest meat-eater and I LOVE IT!
    Good For You #outJune22nd

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    So if you don't want to eat a dog, it makes you a "selective vegetarian"??? :-?

Would any of you guys eat dog meat, though? You say dogs are no different to cows or pigs, so if somebody offered you dog meat, would you eat it? What if you were't sure it was dog but it could be?

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Good For You #outJune22nd

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    Only sick bitches eat dogs & cats. Y'all can fight me if y'all mad.
    I ain't mad, I just think you and people thinking like this make NO sense when it comes to this matter.

It's no different than eating any other animal meat. Stop this selective-vegeterian shizz. The way they treat them is another thing, though.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Team lemo, samra and hotmc! Imma skin a bish if they touch my pussies though.

Leave a comment:

• hotMCfan
    replied
    Of course the meat/slaughter/poultry business won't allow people to get fully informed about the behavior of animals we normally eat, Pigs are just are just as loyal as dogs and even more intelligent. Chickens are also complex animals. They are emotional, conscious, and cheerful birds with adaptable sociability. But, evidently, we see these two animals as brainless and inferior that's why it's acceptable to eat them unlike our "smart" pets. And I agree with mrlemonade, condemning "pet-eaters" is very hypocritical when you also eat meat.

Humans are genetically herbivores that's why we are not biologically equipped with claws, huge fangs, etc. like carnivore creatures and we continue to rely on fire, etc. to properly digest meat -- so stay that way if you're a meat-eater condemner, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• samra
    replied
    Forget cultural diversification - it's plain wrong to eat a dog.
    Why?
    Originally posted by mrlemonade
    You all have a point, I was mostly just agreeing with Madgefan, but didn't really get info about how exactly dogs are treated. I do agree that no animal should be killed like that and eaten, but still think it's a bit hypocritical of meat-eaters to condemn other meat-eaters just because they eat animals that are deemed as pets. Then be a vegetarian and don't eat any meat.
    Preach it.

You can't selectively choose to be offended by certain kinds of meat. It all comes from some kind of living being.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Only sick bitches eat dogs & cats. Y'all can fight me if y'all mad.

Leave a comment:

• Lamhe
    replied
    I loathe that festival thing.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    ^ Thank you hun! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie
    Jeej, i just passed my English exam for my study! ;-)
    Well done! I think you write in English beautifully.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Jeej, i just passed my English exam for my study! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    You all have a point, I was mostly just agreeing with Madgefan, but didn't really get info about how exactly dogs are treated. I do agree that no animal should be killed like that and eaten, but still think it's a bit hypocritical of meat-eaters to condemn other meat-eaters just because they eat animals that are deemed as pets. Then be a vegetarian and don't eat any meat.

"It's plain wrong to eat a dog" doesn't sit right with me because to me it means "I was conditioned to think cats and dogs are cute and loyal pets so it's wrong to eat them, but cows and pigs (piglets >>> most baby animals in terms of cuteness btw) are just born to be our food factories, so who cares", animals are animals and imo you can't just think it's wrong to eat some, but totally fine to eat others.

Of course, what should be condemned is the way they kill the dogs and all that (what Wayne and Spiritboy said), but generally, most people just hear that they eat dogs and automatically get all horrified, then go home and eat lamb or whatever. And who says animals here are living in great conditions? They might not be skinned and boiled alive, but it's not like the cows and chickens live on big, pretty farms and live happily until they're slaughtered.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    bam bam bam no grey zones

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    In the west, we don't pick a cow off the streets, beat it up, burn it alive and then eat it - that's what happening to the dogs in China: they are being taken off the streets, some are pets, and being put into cages and beaten up and then burned alive.

Dogs are domesticated pets, cows and lambs aren't - we breed farm animals to eat, they don't breed dogs to eat.

Forget cultural diversification - it's plain wrong to eat a dog.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Airwrecka

Well, this is awkward...
    <3

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by mrlemonade
    Originally posted by Madgefan
    . I just find it hypocritical when people in the West eat cows, pigs, even little lambs then complain about a culture that eats dogs. We have this dreadful dichotomy where some lucky animals are regarded as pets whilst others are seen as food.
    +1

I'd never eat a dog because it's not common here and I'd feel awful about it because, yes, dogs are regarded as man's bffs here and it feels just wrong to me. But who am I to ban someone on the other side of the world with a totally different culture and history? I mean you don't see Indians making petitions and uprisings over us eating cows (afaik).
    The problem is, that's not in their culture for centuries now. Hundreds of years ago, a dynasty dropped that tradition. Most of Chinese people disapprove what they are doing. Yulin is the last place doing this and i hope that stops. Let me remind you i'm not saying anything about restaurants selling dog meats. They boil, burn or skim them alive, in places where little children can see. Also health-wise, it's not good because the dogs aren't vaccinated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X