Before too long
    It just might fade away...
    A modern classic sis

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
      A modern classic sis
      We been knew

Comment

• Madonna didn't come to play with BodyShop. One of my favorite pure pop songs this decade

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
          Billboard Biggest artist of all time

Beyoncé - 37
          Destiny's child- 116

She could've easily cracked the top 25 if she wasn't playing sabotaged with lemonade & BEYONCÉ.

Anyway the list is a mess. The list should've been units sold based only tbh
          god knows what random formula they used to calculate it to be honest. Normally they explain the methodology, no mention of that this time.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• [MENTION=35806]DOSSOME[/MENTION]

or

Comment

The list should've been units sold based only tbh
              Are you sure that would help? Billboard would never look at units sold like a fan, digital singles/songs would never be counted equally with full album units.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                Are you sure that would help? Billboard would never look at units sold like a fan, digital singles/songs would never be counted equally with full album units.
                Units sold is a much better way to track than chart runs and record sales is records sales. I don't car if it's .99 cent or 12 dollars. Someone invested their money into it.

Comment

Units sold is a much better way to track than chart runs and record sales is records sales. I don't car if it's .99 cent or 12 dollars. Someone invested their money into it.
                  Nothing wrong with charting sales, but you'd have to make conversions for it to mean anything. Selling a million albums is substantially more impressive than selling a million copies of a single song.

Comment

I am just genuinely interested in the methodology that they used. Like seriously I don't even care that Mariah came out ahead of Madonna. I mean they did a list for top artists of the hot 100 a while back and they had Madonna ahead of Mariah which literally made no sense at all. You would think Mariah would easily come out ahead of Madonna on the hot 100.

Comment

• I just re discovered The Till The World Ends Remix. Nicki is the GOAT. I just wish her attitude was better

Comment

Nothing wrong with charting sales, but you'd have to make conversions for it to mean anything. Selling a million albums is substantially more impressive than selling a million copies of a single song.
                        So 20 years down the line we shouldn't say ariana wasn't one of the biggest female artist of all times because most of her record sales will be streams? Times shift sis.

Comment

I just re discovered The Till The World Ends Remix. Nicki is the GOAT. I just wish her attitude was better
                          That she is! Put her in a jungle with bananas on the side! Onika can be scathing when she gets ready.
                          UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]
                          "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

So 20 years down the line we shouldn't say ariana wasn't one of the biggest female artist of all times because most of her record sales will be streams? Times shift sis.
                            If her career holds up, the album equivalents will still be there. Look at the numbers that Lipa & Eilish pulled from a single record (and we don't even have the Apple Music numbers). Millions of album equivalents from just spotify, if they can keep that pace going there is no reason to lower the bar to prop them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                              [MENTION=35806]DOSSOME[/MENTION]

or

While the former is lyrical excellence, Obsessed was IT for me. A female RnB/Pop star literally dragging a male rapper with one of the most potent diss tracks of ALL TIME >>>

Even those who never like her bopped to it

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                                While the former is lyrical excellence, Obsessed was IT for me. A female RnB/Pop star literally dragging a male rapper with one of the most potent diss tracks of ALL TIME >>>

Even those who never like her bopped to it
                                Can we go over the back story to this song. I didn't even know they were a thing. Just confused that she drag him out of nowhere then he kinda cut her head off with his song.

Comment

• I wonder what Gaga was thinking when she signed onto the worse season of American Horror Story

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    I am just genuinely interested in the methodology that they used. Like seriously I don't even care that Mariah came out ahead of Madonna. I mean they did a list for top artists of the hot 100 a while back and they had Madonna ahead of Mariah which literally made no sense at all. You would think Mariah would easily come out ahead of Madonna on the hot 100.
                                    It's based on points, not sales. Points accumulated on Hot 100 and BB 200 charts. More point if you have more #1 hits or they spend more weeks at the top. Mariah has 18 #1 songs, plus her albums spent 30 weeks at the top, over Madonna's 20 weeks. Mariah ranks #6 while Madonna is #17 on BB 200 All Time Artists chart. That's why Mariah is the Top Female of All Time in US. Very well deserved ranking for the Kween.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• double post
                                      Last edited by spiritboy; Mon November 18, 2019, 10:21.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The discussions on this thread...

random thought thread
                                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          It's based on points, not sales. Points accumulated on Hot 100 and BB 200 charts. More point if you have more #1 hits or they spend more weeks at the top. Mariah has 18 #1 songs, plus her albums spent 30 weeks at the top, over Madonna's 20 weeks. Mariah ranks #6 while Madonna is #17 on BB 200 All Time Artists chart. That's why Mariah is the Top Female of All Time in US. Very well deserved ranking for the Kween.
                                          They must have given a very low weighting to singles. I mean Babs has hardly any singles in the hot 100 and she still managed to place 6th overall.

Comment

• 2000-2009 Top 10:

1 Kween - GOAT
                                            2 Ursher and co. - Yeah!
                                            3 Florida - Low
                                            4 Nickelodeon - How You Remind Me
                                            5 RIP - I Gotta Feeling
                                            6 Screechlicia - No One
                                            7 RIP - Boom Boom Pow
                                            8 Maria - Let Me Love You
                                            9 Kenya - Gold Digger
                                            10 Timberland - Apologize

11 Nelly Rowland - Dilemma

2010-2019 Top 10:

1 Derivatives of Funk - Uptown Funk
                                            2. ROFL - Party Rock Anthem
                                            3. Sherrat - Shape of You
                                            4. Bluntrollers - Closer
                                            5 Maroon 7 and Cardi Z - Girls Like You
                                            6 Rihallah - We Found Love
                                            7 Not Nasir Jones - Dog Scoop Road
                                            8 Goat and Limp Bra - Somebody That I Used to Know
                                            9 Louis Fonz - Despacito
                                            10 Adull - Rolling in the Deep

11 Sway Lee & The Worst Yt Rapper Ever - Sunflower

What do you prefer?
                                            Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Loving the liberties taken with the list [MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION].

Comment

• Honestly both Top 10s are quite bad and tragic overall.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                  2000-2009 Top 10:

1 Kween - GOAT 6/10
                                                  2 Ursher and co. - Yeah! 7/10
                                                  3 Florida - Low 5/10
                                                  4 Nickelodeon - How You Remind Me 4/10
                                                  5 RIP - I Gotta Feeling 7/10
                                                  6 Screechlicia - No One 7/10
                                                  7 RIP - Boom Boom Pow 6/10
                                                  8 Maria - Let Me Love You 3/10
                                                  9 Kenya - Gold Digger 3/10
                                                  10 Timberland - Apologize 6/10

11 Nelly Rowland - Dilemma

2010-2019

1 Derivatives of Funk - Uptown Funk 9/10
                                                  2. ROFL - Party Rock Anthem 5/10
                                                  3. Sherrat - Shape of You 4/10
                                                  4. Bluntrollers - Closer 3/10
                                                  5 Maroon 7 and Cardi Z - Girls Like You 6/10
                                                  6 Rihallah - We Found Love5/10
                                                  7 Not Nasir Jones - Dog Scoop Road 6/10
                                                  8 Goat - Somebody That I Used to Know 6/10
                                                  9 Louis Fonz - Despacito 7/10
                                                  10 Adull - Rolling in the Deep 8/10

11 Sway Lee & The Worst Yt Rapper Ever - Sunflower

What do you prefer?
                                                  It's a 5.4/10 (00s) vs. a 5.9/10 (10s), so I slightly prefer the 10s .
                                                  Pro: freedom of speech
                                                  Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• I like the 2010-2019 list a lot better. I like almost everything in that top ten. That 2000-2009 has some garbage.

But ofc the 2000-2009 has the better #1

Comment

Working...
                                                    X