Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Plym
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    R.Kelly is legendary.
    legs and dairy
    This shouldn't be funny to me.

He is...but his legs and dairy-ness has water put on it because of pee.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Originally posted by MichielMC
    I think it didn't left R. Kelly's career unbothered and I don't think it's widely ignored at all... I'm pretty sure it affected his career immensely. Michael Jackson his career was/is more iconic, I think that's the main reason why the scandal felt bigger in Michael his case. I don't think R. Kelly is more "forgiven" than Michael at this point, I would rather argue the opposite.
    well, people had been discussing him for years because of the Aaliyah thing back in the early 90s, but the ish really hit the fan in 2002 when the video made news and people started coming out of the woodwork... within a year it was swept under the rug and Ignition became one of his biggest ever hits. It never really came to the forefront when people discuss him whereas to this day, MJ's accusations come to mind even more than all of his accomplishments to a lot of people.
    Yeah I didn't fully experience those periods obviously, so it's too hard for me to form an opinion for those time periods. I get your point, but alot of radio's don't play his music for example and the stuff comes back haunting him during every conversation about him or his music (I mean look at his last fm or any other forum, even this conversation)... so it's definitely not swept under a rug, at least not now. In a sense Michael Jackson's death helped his career to move past everything I think well at least partly (It's one of those human tragedies isn't it), that's how I experience it. Every person I know considers Michael as a legend, nothing more nothing less. Obviously you experience it differently, so I guess I should nuance my opinion on this a bit. Still to say it was swept under a rug is a bit too extreme in R. Kelly's case, it's still very much present.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    I think it didn't left R. Kelly's career unbothered and I don't think it's widely ignored at all... I'm pretty sure it affected his career immensely. Michael Jackson his career was/is more iconic, I think that's the main reason why the scandal felt bigger in Michael his case. I don't think R. Kelly is more "forgiven" than Michael at this point, I would rather argue the opposite.
    well, people had been discussing him for years because of the Aaliyah thing back in the early 90s, but the ish really hit the fan in 2002 when the video made news and people started coming out of the woodwork... within a year it was swept under the rug and Ignition became one of his biggest ever hits. It never really came to the forefront when people discuss him whereas to this day, MJ's accusations come to mind even more than all of his accomplishments to a lot of people.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    R. Kelly has some good songs, but I don't like the double standard that he's been forgiven for having sex with underage girls on camera, but Michael Jackson was and even to an extent still is branded because of allegations he touched boys. With MJ there's still a reasonable doubt but R. Kelly being a pedophile is proven and yet people are more willing to forgive him and look past it while at the same time dismissing everything MJ ever recorded because of 2 allegations, one of which accepted a huge payout.

It's weird that it is so widely ignored by the whole world. I guess the difference with him and MJ is that it was teenage girls and not childhood boys.
    the difference is that michael belongs to the greatest top 3: Beatles, Elvis MJ.. MJ re-define pop music. He is the epitome of music and greatness.. many ppl cannot accept the greatness.. and look for something to take all the genius away. those allegations come in handy.

+ MJ changed his appearance.. from black to white, from male to... idk what.. he is perceived as mentally ill and for the gp this serves as proof that he raped as many 10 y.o. boys as the common priest.

sorry if i have offended anybody, but mj is my idol and personal hero. i am so angry at the allegations and the media.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    R. Kelly has some good songs, but I don't like the double standard that he's been forgiven for having sex with underage girls on camera, but Michael Jackson was and even to an extent still is branded because of allegations he touched boys. With MJ there's still a reasonable doubt but R. Kelly being a pedophile is proven and yet people are more willing to forgive him and look past it while at the same time dismissing everything MJ ever recorded because of 2 allegations, one of which accepted a huge payout.

It's weird that it is so widely ignored by the whole world. I guess the difference with him and MJ is that it was teenage girls and not childhood boys.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    R.Kelly is legendary.
    legs and dairy

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    R.Kelly is legendary.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    I love R. Kelly's music.
    Shouldn't this be in unpopular opinions?
    Not really a chart follower, but considering the amount of albums he sold in his lifetime... at least there's a portion big enough that seems to like his music to not be considered "unpopular".

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    I love R. Kelly's music.
    Shouldn't this be in unpopular opinions?

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    I love R. Kelly's music.

Leave a comment:

• Merci
    replied
    ^ Literally bought it!

Leave a comment:

• samra
    replied
    Originally posted by samra
    First.

Buy Bitch Better Have My Money on iTunes

[youtube:2jpry0fu]oQW2FFt3-A8[/youtube:2jpry0fu]

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by Timmy94
    No, for real, it's annoying and I don't any major reason for doing it... There's something tacky about it !
    I agree. It's really annoying and stupid. Especially when posted in a serious thread.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy94
    replied
    Originally posted by fpfbm54
    Platinum is not a flop record by the way, Timmy.
    "[E]specially for flop records", not entirely limited to them . You must've noticed those "buy GUY on ITunes" posts before .

And I mean, you can at least try to do it somehow decent or do it as obvious as possible, which might come off as tacky !

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    I love how Timmy always winds people up so much! Go Timmy!

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by hotMCfan
    It's a joke, timmz
    But why do people keep and keep on doing it? I noticed it being used especially for flop records, when it's clear that the people couldn't care less about them .
    Because it's funny.

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    Originally posted by hotMCfan
    It's a joke, timmz
    But why do people keep and keep on doing it? I noticed it being used especially for flop records, when it's clear that the people couldn't care less about them .
    :(

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Originally posted by Chun
    Originally posted by Shorty
    It's weird when posters suddenly fall down. They've been on the wall for months, and suddenly they decide to fall down? One of my posters just fell on me a couple of minutes ago and scared the absolute crap out of me
    It's gravity.
    Gravity is a B****!

*Platinum in stores now!*
    yass

Originally posted by preyan
    *Platinum in stores now!*
    Since I saw this many times before on here: Why do people actually do this ? It's not only a cheap way to advertise things and I doubt that anyone on here is going to buy an album based on something like that; so what's the purpose of it?
    I bought Platinum after seeing their comment #TakeThat #CheapMarketingWurks
    yasssssssssssss

Platinum is not a flop record by the way, Timmy.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by ThaInfo1
    It's ok to love a flop. I love a lot of them. I love more flops than the successes.
    Is this your touching story about how you started loving yourself?
    I just wanna be Gaga in peace. Plz respect my privacy at this time thx.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Timmy, according to Google:

joke
    d???k/

noun
    • 1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

"she was in a mood to tell jokes"
      synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantry; pun, play on words; shaggy-dog story, old chestnut, double entendre; in-joke; informalgag, wisecrack, crack, funny, one-liner, rib-tickler, killer, knee-slapper, thigh-slapper; informalboffola; rareblague
      "they sat round the table telling jokes"
      a trick played on someone for fun.
      "the others were playing a joke on her"
      synonyms: trick, practical joke, prank, stunt, hoax, jape; More
      informal
      a person or thing that is ridiculously inadequate.
      "public transport is a joke"
      synonyms: laughing stock, figure of fun, source of amusement, object of ridicule;

verb
    • verb: joke; 3rd person present: jokes; past tense: joked; past participle: joked; gerund or present participle: joking
      1. make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.

"she could laugh and joke with her colleagues"
      synonyms: tell jokes, crack jokes; jest, banter, quip; informalwisecrack, josh
      "she laughed and joked with the guests"
      fool, fool about/around, play a prank, play a trick, play a joke, play a practical joke, tease, hoax, pull someone's leg, mess someone about/around;
      informalkid, make a monkey out of someone;
      informalmess, have someone on, wind someone up;
      informalfun, shuck someone, pull someone's chain, put someone on;
      informalrot someone
      "don't panic—I'm only joking"

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    ^click my cheap marketing/promo link! Obviouly these tactics only affect the poor and stupid people, like mrlemo. They don't work on you Timmy because you can see through all our vile moves and tricks! You outsmart us everytime, snap!

Leave a comment:

• Merci
    replied
    Who's album is Platinum btw?

google is not helping

Leave a comment:

Working...
X