• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    (Argue with your mama, not me.)

Comment

• Comment

• I just got blocked & called dumb on the book, because a barb just tried to argue me down that nicki Minaj had more impact in the music industry & fashion world as Rihanna & beyoncé.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Janet didn't make pop music.
          Janet was so massive to many of us, to where I couldn't compare her to a Mary J, Faith Evans, Kelly Price etc... back in the 90s of course. She was definitely overall a R&B/Urban artist, but her crossover appeal made her a "pop" artist for many of us where I grew up.

Also, she would often fuse other genre's (rock, dance, hip hop, funk etc.) with R&B, which made her sound quite different from others.

My view of course!!!
          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
            Janet was so massive to many of us, to where I couldn't compare her to a Mary J, Faith Evans, Kelly Price etc... back in the 90s of course. She was definitely overall a R&B/Urban artist, but her crossover appeal made her a "pop" artist for many of us where I grew up.

Also, she would often fuse other genre's (rock, dance, hip hop, funk etc.) with R&B, which made her sound quite different from others.

My view of course!!!
            True. I'm also pretty sure she was inducted this year into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for that reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              True. I'm also pretty sure she was inducted this year into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for that reason.
              Go on Miss Janet. Legend.

Comment

• Janet & Her 500M spotify streams, 250m YouTube streams are nowhere near legendary. Maybe a icon. Bye

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                  Taylor just can't sing or dance. I've never seen a good performance by her and I doubt I ever will.
                  She actualy is decent when it's just her on the guitar, with a song like "eyes open". She just sings those pop songs now that don't realy fit her voice. She was never a great vocalist anyways though

Comment

• Janet has some great albums but overall i don't find her as talented as Beyoncé.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      Janet has some great albums but overall i don't find her as talented as Beyoncé.
                      Because she's not. Janet could dance

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                        Eminem is very talented. He talks out of his ass but he is talented. JT also. But of course because they are white they became stratospheric successes. But had they been black, they would still be successful imo, albeit probably moderate. But Eminem has several all time classics to his name. And he is completely comparable to Kanye. Kanye has gone insane and he seems that he never had this much press and attention, scoring several hits in recent years with his worst music (at minimum lyrically), while praising the orange buffoon, etc. Taylor Swift had she been black she'd be singing under the bridge.
                        JT is indeed very talented. He can sing, he can dance, write songs, play instruments and is a great live performer. But once he starts talking (or tweeting), that's where the problem usually starts.

I would say success-wise JT is kind of the equivalent of Usher, maybe a little more successful worldwide cause his music is more Pop-oriented. The difference is, JT is able to stay relevant through some movies, connections & media appearances, etc. while Usher seems to kinda lose his touch with the younger generation, plus his decision to dive into Dance-Pop/EDM kinda hurt his loyal fanbase while JT always sticks to his usual sound (or should I say, Timbaland's) throughout his whole career except for the last album that he did.
                        UKMIX R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the Year 2020 (VOTING OPENS!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                          Because she's not. Janet could dance
                          Janet's tone is way more pleasant imo. She may not be a powerhouse vocalist but tone>>>>
                          Plus her harmonies are brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                            Janet's tone is way more pleasant imo. She may not be a powerhouse vocalist but tone>>>>
                            Plus her harmonies are brilliant.
                            Don't need to have a big voice, look at Sade, her tone is absolutely beautiful. Very sultry and makes you want more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolling View Post
                              Don't need to have a big voice, look at Sade, her tone is absolutely beautiful. Very sultry and makes you want more.
                              Absolutely! It's all about emotion and tone in a voice for me. Showing off is nice and impressive but when it doesn't tug the heartstrings not much remains.
                              Some have all the ingredients, others don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                Absolutely! It's all about emotion and tone in a voice for me. Showing off is nice and impressive but when it doesn't tug the heartstrings not much remains.
                                Some have all the ingredients, others don't.
                                Agreed. Exceptional music can come in many forms, from voices big and small.

Comment

• There's something about Janet that annoys me, can't put my finger on it. I also don't like her type of choreography.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Beyoncé screams and growls too much nowadays. She must be losing her range, which is why she can't hit a clear high note to save the oceans.
                                    Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                      Beyoncé screams and growls too much nowadays. She must be losing her range, which is why she can't hit a clear high note to save the oceans.
                                      Aww somebody's feelings been hurt.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Girl

Comment

• I'm not familiar with Janet's discography since I didn't grow up with her music but "Feedback" and that one song with Khia were major bops.
                                          UKMIX R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the Year 2020 (VOTING OPENS!)

Comment

• Taylor only has 1 really good album, 1989, and many many mediocre albums.

Her whole victim schtick is so annoying... she acts like a black woman from the 1950s ie a real victim of society (which is still true for today), Taylor on the other hand gets everything handed to her, EVERYTHING... if she were alive when Rosa Parks boarded that infamous bus, she (taylor) would have been the driver.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                              Janet & Her 500M spotify streams, 250m YouTube streams are nowhere near legendary. Maybe a icon. Bye
                                              This is so inaccurate and fake. Janet's music is still universally banned on youtube in many counries, albeit it got a little better.

People who do not factor in that she was backlisted from 2004- talk out of their asses.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] Honestly, I consider RED to be her most mature record to date. It seems as if she went all Benjamin Button from there...
                                                My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  This is so inaccurate and fake. Janet's music is still universally banned on youtube in many counries, albeit it got a little better.

People who do not factor in that she was backlisted from 2004- talk out of their asses.
                                                  What countries YouTube is Janet Jackson banned from? Is that in any way true or something you just invented. Also her black listing was in the US only.

Comment

• I like Taylor Swift as a musician and as a person. My favorite album of hers is '1989', but I enjoy 'Speak Now' and 'reputation.', especially since they all have an own musical identify. I think Taylor Swift is a likeable person, but of course we can only judge what the celebrities want us to see... The private celebrity might be a totally different person.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X