This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    saying albums are irrelevant goes against everything a music fan should believe in. So you do not want your faves to make music? Because the album is THE collection of an artists music in a certain time-frame. the single is rather irrelevant.
    I don't agree here. I prefer a single (new song) every few months, than 16 new songs at once. I would enjoy 16 new songs spread over three years, than 16 songs at once and nothing for the next three years. I can make a playlist of this time-frame myself these days.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• When it comes to Janet vs Beyonce, I prefer Janet any time any place.
      No one made me love to dance as much as Janet.
      Also, I prefer her voice and songs.

Last edited by RayRay; Wed November 27, 2019, 20:01.

Comment

it might appear to a still developing brain. What I say factors in experience. Listen to the elderly they are always right.
        Old people bring nothing but regression and degradation like Brexit and Trump so no thank you, I'll keep on happily dragging the dusty olds.
        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
          I didn’t post a good song tho
          when do you ever?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            when do you ever?
            When I’m not in the Vadge forum.
            Originally posted by beredy
            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• TY [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• About to go see this:

[MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, you should go see this too but I donít know how that will happen.

Comment

• Oh wow so I just saw that Dance Monkey is blowing up in the US now too.

It will probably block any other song from going #1 for all of December.
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                    About to go see this:

[MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, you should go see this too but I don’t know how that will happen.
                    I am the slim and u r the kween
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                      I don't agree here. I prefer a single (new song) every few months, than 16 new songs at once. I would enjoy 16 new songs spread over three years, than 16 songs at once and nothing for the next three years. I can make a playlist of this time-frame myself these days.
                      I couldn't disagree more here [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]. If an artist is only releasing singles you only get that one side of them (whatever they are doing to try and be commercially relevant). With albums, there are always a handful of tracks that were not recorded to be hits, this is where artists get to explore a variety of styles and sounds.

Comment

I believe that some albums wouldn't work with each track released separately. I'm thinking of Marina & The Diamonds' 'Electra Heart'. The album only makes sense if consumed as a whole. It's easier to tell a story in 50 minutes than in 3 minutes 30 seconds. I believe it's good to compare it with a DVD or a book. Of course short videos or short stories work on their own, but a 2 hours movie or a 200 pages book can add much more richness and variety to the whole thing assuming that they don't necessarily build up on filler material for most of the duration.

[MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]: 'Together Again' is a nice song. My favorite song by Janet Jackson is probably 'Someone to Call My Lover', closely followed by 'All For You' .

Comment

• Imagine putting Jeannette above Floponce.

Even an utter flop like Run The World (Gheys) has more streams and impact than Jeannette's discoraphy.
                          [MENTION=84648]Aaronsmithjune1[/MENTION] sis come collect these gerls, they are doing your fave dirty.
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                            Imagine putting Jeannette above Floponce.

Even an utter flop like Run The World (Gheys) has more streams and impact than Jeannette's discoraphy.
                            [MENTION=84648]Aaronsmithjune1[/MENTION] sis come collect these gerls, they are doing your fave dirty.
                            I feel sorry for you.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                              Imagine putting Jeannette above Floponce.

It may have more streams, but it's one of my least favorite Beyonce songs ever. It has no melody whatsoever.

Comment

saying albums are irrelevant goes against everything a music fan should believe in. So you do not want your faves to make music? Because the album is THE collection of an artists music in a certain time-frame. the single is rather irrelevant.
                                This is completely untrue in todays world.

Comment

It may have more streams, but it's one of my least favorite Beyonce songs ever. It has no melody whatsoever.
                                  I completely agree. That song is utter garbage.

Comment

This is completely untrue in todays world.
                                    you cannot reply to a fact with a feeling. give evidence or shush.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

[MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]: 'Together Again' is a nice song. My favorite song by Janet Jackson is probably 'Someone to Call My Lover', closely followed by 'All For You' .
                                      Hard to choose a favorite Janet song. She has so many fab hits like Control, When I Think Of You, Let's Wait Awhile, Miss You Much, Love Will Never Do, That's The Way Love Goes... But also great album tracks like Lonely, Livin' In A World (They Didn't Make), You Can Be Mine and even great b-sides like You Need Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                        I couldn't disagree more here [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]. If an artist is only releasing singles you only get that one side of them (whatever they are doing to try and be commercially relevant). With albums, there are always a handful of tracks that were not recorded to be hits, this is where artists get to explore a variety of styles and sounds.
                                        This may have been true in the past, but I feel artists are also releasing songs that are not recorded to be hits. Meghan Trainor has been releasing lots of songs this year. I don't think she thought they would all become hits.

Comment

• I think the ticket clerk I encountered was racist. There were 5 yt people ahead of me and he greeted them all. But when it was my turn, he didn’t say anything except for where my seat was.

K.

Comment

you cannot reply to a fact with a feeling. give evidence or shush.
                                            We aren't in court.

Comment

This may have been true in the past, but I feel artists are also releasing songs that are not recorded to be hits. Meghan Trainor has been releasing lots of songs this year. I don't think she thought they would all become hits.
                                              Some people release all those songs/collabs to collect streams for when they cobble an album together - eg, Dua, Rita and Camila upcoming to name three recent examples of this. Miss Cabello has put Senorita on her album. Shameless indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                You are right. I believe that single performance can make you turn into a celebrity, while album success makes the difference between a celebrity and a star as acts with a long and stable career at least had one defining big album.
                                                In the past, when physical albums were the main form of music consumption. Doesn't mean it's gonna be the same in the streaming age.

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                @Rihab: You're mostly talking about young people, while the majority of the population in Western countries are 40 years old and older. And I believe that we need to consider different needs depending on the respective part of society. Capital Bra is successful in the singles department, but will he have a sustainable impact on the contemporary music landscape? I feel like he's the kind of act who'll be considered a 'child of its time' in years to come. Like Wilson Phillips back in the day...
                                                Actually, I'm only talking about young people, since aRat's original question was why young people only listen to male artists.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I'm just saying it as it is. Whether I'm happy about the situation is another question. (I'm not.)

Comment

I completely agree. That song is utter garbage.
                                                  I am kinda torn on that song, the melody is absent, but the beat is fire.
                                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• It must suck to be have debuted when beyonce was in pullups, to get outsold, out tour grossed, out awarded by a younger, prettier legend. I'm so glad I stan for a legend that loves and acknowledges ALL HER CHILDREN

Comment

Working...
                                                    X