X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION]

Questions

Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?
    No, it would chase the more active users away.

If not, should there be clearer rules about what is posted in here?
    Yes, no trolling or nasty comments. And not just for this thread. At the Madonna thread Westen drove some of the best posters away. At the MC thread, someone is trying to do the same. Those are two very active threads. It such a shame how there seems to be no rules in those last months. I don't enjoy posting there much these days.

If the Random Thought Thread was to go, what should it be replaced by?
    Why let it go and replace it? The title of the thread is not the problem. Some very annoying people are. I have never send so many reports in all the years before than in just the last few months. But I begin to wonder what is done with those reports.

How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?
    I don't think making it publicly available would be good thing. It would encourage people to just come here to stir up things. The fun about The Lounge is how you get to know other MEMBERS better.

Should we do something different with the Premium Members Lounge? E.g. should that be a forum open to established members only but provide a truly safe place for people to interact honestly and openly.
    I'm not sure about this one.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
      You are literally the only one who brings up Mariah about EVERYTHINGGGGGGG damn did she forget to tip you or some shit?
      The delusion is too much

Comment

• [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] I feel like an advice forum would be a good idea. Somewhere anyone can feel free to ask advice. Whether it's abiut sexuality, life, work. Anything. I was on a forum before FMF and they had an agony section and it really helped people.
        Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• First I think it is very important to get rid of trolls. UKMIX hasn't been a safe haven to post these last few months.

Comment

• People need to re read the rules which clearly state that UK mix is not a fan site, that positive and negative opinions are welcome, that people should not have to feel they are part of a clique to post and that no one has the right to say get out of my thread you are not welcome.
            If these things have changed rules need to be updated so everyone is clear. Because according to the rules stanning is also not allowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              People need to re read the rules which clearly state that UK mix is not a fan site, that positive and negative opinions are welcome, that people should not have to feel they are part of a clique to post and that no one has the right to say get out of my thread you are not welcome.
              If these things have changed rules need to be updated so everyone is clear. Because according to the rules stanning is also not allowed.

True, some of those who are complaining about your behaviour the most are among the most obsessed stans this place has ever seen.

Nothing about this thread should change, if insecure folks think they need a fan site where opinions different froms theirs have no right to exist, then they should create one.
              Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
                True, some of those who are complaining about your behaviour the most are among the most obsessed stans this place has ever seen.

Nothing about this thread should change, if insecure folks think they need a fan site where opinions different froms theirs have no right to exist, then they should create one.
                Well said.

Comment

• There's a difference between having a negative opinion and baiting someone on purpose.... Just saying!
                  Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                    There's a difference between having a negative opinion and baiting someone on purpose.... Just saying!
                    If I'm baiting so is everyone else who is posting in here. Also just saying.

Comment

• Majority of those strange arguments would end if people started discussing their faves only in respective threads, that's for sure.

If you bring your fave here, want the entire forum to know about her so-called greatness, some more or less (usually more) irrelevant records, then another person may start doing the exact opposite.
                      Last edited by Nippian93; Fri November 29, 2019, 23:35.
                      Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
                        Majority of those strange arguments would end if people started discussing their faves only in respective threads, that's for sure.

If you bring your fave here, want the entire forum to know about her so-called greatness, some more or less (usually more) irrelevant records, then another person may start doing the exact opposite.
                        The problem is some trolls go baiting in the threads of MC. Next they say they won't post there anymore, the next day they are back already.

Comment

• I think we can all manage to get along. 99% of what is said in here is just for laughs, if someone wants to expend their energy complaining about an artist (or member(S)) that they don't like, that's on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                            The problem is some trolls go baiting in the threads of MC. Next they say they won't post there anymore, the next day they are back already.

That thread has been problematic since the beginning, at least since my beginning on UKMix, so nothing has changed.

There are too many people with different opinions in one place and the fact there is one active thread, where people discuss pretty much everything (related and unrelated) to Mariah definitely does not help.

The most arguments happen here and sometimes in the chart analysis section.

If you (plural) think somebody is indeed coming to that thread just to start an argument, you should deal with him accordingly, I mean there are like 500 of you there. I can't imagine one or two people having such a big impact on such a big thread.
                            Last edited by Nippian93; Sat November 30, 2019, 00:11.
                            Whitney Houston

Comment

• [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION].
                              I really appreciate that the rules are more relaxed these days, and especially that permabans have pretty much disappeared. I think 3-6 months bans should still be in place for people completely disrespecting users and derailing the forum.

I think light trolling is fun, and [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION], a highly controversial member, is a borderline example of what can be acceptable: trolls everyone without discrimination, no obvious malicious intents for the most part, good sense of humour. On the other hand, [MENTION=52166]InFamous[/MENTION] often acts in a way which imo is a clear case of what should not be allowed. Trolling and baiting out of spite, not humour, and acting like a victim all the time when being called out. I don't even like Mariah and I see myself defending her from his obsessive baiting and hating. This sort of behavior should be called out for and regulated. Like I said before, there was tolerance zero in the old days for this type of behavior. I don't like tolerance zero, but some moderating would go a long way.

This thread has all the potential to be incredibly interesting, and I don't think it should ever be closed, regardless of where it goes. It's a staple here. [MENTION=84648]Aaronsmithjune1[/MENTION] had a nice idea for the other Pop Talk thread, which kind of already exists in the General Music Discussion section but is not being used. You could have weekly discussion topics and allow for quite a lot of flexibility there, for people who love to discuss charts and artists in a non chart technical ways. I also don't mind the idea of a completely crazy thread, where the trolls could fight each other (with reasonable limits). But again, humour is something I appreciate everywhere and no one should feel offended by good jokes. Bitter baiting, not so much.

There is a degree of subjectivity in all of this, but this is my opinion after being online for almost 10 years now.

I appreciate all the effort Wayne, and I'm being as honest and blunt as I can.
                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• ^ Great post, [MENTION=25215]DnBLover[/MENTION].

Comment

The delusion is too much
                                  Honey donít even play with me. You know damn well youíre a troll

Comment

• The way people are clubbing together in here is priceless. Complete bias. When I gave my opinion on a religious topic that dnb person replied and called me brainless. What had that to do with Mariah Carey exactly? Nothing. People acting like saints is too much. Also arat spends every day calling Mariah and other divas irrelevant useless and forgotten and that is ok and funny according to some. Please.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                      As if you calling Taylor Swift listeners ex-nazis was very respectful
                                      I'll admit that calling them that was a step too far and I apologize.

But if you, as a public figure (like Taylor Swift), fail to distance yourself from the far-right FOR YEARS, you gotta live with the accusation of being a silent supporter or at least an enabler. And as a fan, you're also not entirely innocent, you're enabling an enabler. So no, Taylor and her fans aren't ex-nazis, but you could argue that they're 'ex-enablers of the far-right'.

Btw, I'm really not trying to flamebait or whatever, y'all know I feel very passionately about this topic.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?

No. But maybe it needs a new title bc. It is one of the most used and most popular threads on this forum, like a general discussion thread. Maybe "General Discussion" should be its new title.
                                      iirc, we had a vote on the thread title less than a year ago

Random Thought Thread was by far the most popular option

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

iirc, we had a vote on the thread title less than a year ago

Random Thought Thread was by far the most popular option
                                        so?
                                        My Chart

Comment

The way people are clubbing together in here is priceless. Complete bias. When I gave my opinion on a religious topic that dnb person replied and called me brainless. What had that to do with Mariah Carey exactly? Nothing. People acting like saints is too much. Also arat spends every day calling Mariah and other divas irrelevant useless and forgotten and that is ok and funny according to some. Please.
                                          As DnBLover said, aRat does it with no malicious intent. When he drags one of the 'dusty divas', he does it to start a conversation, not to get people mad. He drags all divas equally and also gives credit where credit is due. For example, he drags Mariah just about every day. But I very clearly also remember him saying that he likes certain Mariah songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            so?
                                            so no, we don't need a new thread title (or another discussion about it)

imo of course

Comment

As DnBLover said, aRat does it with no malicious intent. When he drags one of the 'dusty divas', he does it to start a conversation, not to get people mad. He drags all divas equally and also gives credit where credit is due. For example, he drags Mariah just about every day. But I very clearly also remember him saying that he likes certain Mariah songs.
                                              if Infamous gets any trouble... so should aRat.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• InFamous is a two-faced circus act.

At least with [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, what you see is what you get.
                                                Originally posted by beredy
                                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• And that’s the tea.

Comment

I have said many times that I like things about Mariah. Also I don't care what arat says. I'm not at all bothered by him.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X