X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    You need help for your obsessive hate.
    That hejira has also been running around accusing me of being a dupe of someone called glen Marley which is completely untrue.

Comment

• Trolling is trolling. No matter if it is malicious or not or if you find it funny or not. Once you open that door, this happens. It's not hard to see where this down spiral started.
      Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Guys you can simply ignore someone if you don't like his posts. Report, then don't answer back. When someone gets no reaction, it will stop at some point.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Ukmix has just lost someone I honestly believe was in the Top 3 members who made the biggest impact in the Random Thoughts, Unpopular Opinions and many other topics in "This & That /Lounge" section. Can we at least appreciate that for a sec. It's a little frustrating going through the Serby topic then coming here to find the usual silliness that constantly derails this topic

Comment

• Some of us are under 30 and enjoy fun shade here and there. We all don't spend our days drinking prune juice & watching M*A*S*H and yelling at kids. If you don't want to interact, tell the nurse to log you out
            Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Sat November 30, 2019, 11:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
              Some of us are under 30 and enjoy fun shade here and there. We all don't spend our days drinking prune juice & watching M*A*S*H and yelling at kids. If you don't want to interact, tell the nurse to log you out
              It's comments like these that leave a bad taste. You're not funny, you're rude and disrespectful.
              Anyway..I shared my opinion and made my point clear and I'll be back when stuff has been decided.

Comment

• I’m more of a lurker than a poster (really just interested in chart/sales threads and used to love unpopular opinions and this one until recently) and I have to say that posters like Infamous who’s agenda is clear as day make it incredibly unpleasant. And I’m
                not saying this from a lamb’s perspective as I enjoy a little Mariah shading as much as anyone, I’m saying it from a reader’s perspective. And I agree that with someone like aRat you can see it’s all in good fun with no malicious intent.

Also bring unpopular opinions back.
                Last edited by mariahmatherspacker; Sat November 30, 2019, 13:18.

Comment

• Sorry as long as GetFlop is able to roam this forum freely InFamous is not the troll leader. The former is just smart enough not to troll the people the Modivas stan for and go to hiding for a few weeks after a peak.
                  Yes InFamous likes to bring up Mariah often but besides that I enjoy his posts. I think it's a good balance in here of people stanning and dragging her. Maybe the ignore function should be a possibilty for everyone if rules are not as strict and perma bans are not the to go to thing (which I approve of as many great posters were lost over the years). Maybe extend the feature that posts quoting the user are also not shown or something, that way people could individualize their experience to their liking. Another idea would be enabling thread bans if infractions don't help.
                  Leave the good sistrens [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27834]Rihab[/MENTION] alone btw. They are a huge part of the forum and they mean no harm. They also troll Floponce on a daily basis and I see no meltdowns. Don't take everything too serious, stevyy also tells us how much better dusty men are at everything every other day and people laugh about it, Goldboo brings up WBT every day and no one is upset about it. It's all good fun.
                  I actually think deleting the Unpopular opinion thread wasn't a good idea tbh, that way stuff didn't always get heated up in the same topic and different subjetcs were duscussed without getting lost in the everyday drivel of stanning
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                    I actually think deleting the Unpopular opinion thread wasn't a good idea tbh
                    Spot on. That's exactly. when the shit started to hit the fan.

Oh and yeah InFamous is trolling on a daily basis.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      Guys you can simply ignore someone if you don't like his posts. Report, then don't answer back. When someone gets no reaction, it will stop at some point.
                      Not liking someones post does not merit constant reporting. This is also in the rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                        It's comments like these that leave a bad taste. You're not funny, you're rude and disrespectful.
                        Anyway..I shared my opinion and made my point clear and I'll be back when stuff has been decided.
                        You pretending that you are some sort of Saint has me screaming. It was literally you who ran in here with that news from billboard last week purely to bait Madonna fans and "haters" Your words. Sit down and stop acting like you're white as snow.

Comment

• Originally posted by kweenmatherspacker View Post
                          I’m more of a lurker than a poster (really just interested in chart/sales threads and used to love unpopular opinions and this one until recently) and I have to say that posters like Infamous who’s agenda is clear as day make it incredibly unpleasant. And I’m
                          not saying this from a lamb’s perspective as I enjoy a little Kween shading as much as anyone, I’m saying it from a reader’s perspective. And I agree that with someone like aRat you can see it’s all in good fun with no malicious intent.

Also bring unpopular opinions back.
                          Nail on the head
                          Originally posted by beredy
                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• People are getting too sensitive about their faves, especially Mariah fans. I get that it might get annoying but there are people who call Ed Sheeran, Sheerat and other names for other fave artists. I take it as a joke and laugh at it.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                              Goldboo brings up WBT every day and no one is upset about it. It's all good fun.
                              I didn’t even have to utter a word and GOAT was brought up four times in the last two pages. Ironically, all that does is make me want to bring GOAT up even more.
                              Originally posted by beredy
                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• As a reminder, I wanted feedback on the below - that seems to have been lost at the expense of singling people out. To move the issue forward, answers to the below would be helpful.

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                Allegations of poor moderation predominantly extend to this area of the forum, specifically this topic, and I don't think it's necessarily without merit - the issue is that in trying to relax the rules and allow for a more open discussion forum, we appear to be missing the mark when it comes to keeping members satisfied (at least the more vocal ones, who predominantly interact in The Lounge).

When I took over as owner of UKMIX, one of my first priorities was to relax the rules - I'm not precious over half naked men or the occasional swear word and I am strongly against permanent bans for e.g. I would also add that in the most recent Feedback Survey we had, the vast majority of feedback about moderation was very positive. Therefore, on the surface, we appear to be doing okay but if that's gone too far and we need to dial it back, then let's talk about that.

Site activity has been declining year on year, for the last 10 years - but this isn't anything new and contrary to what some might think, maintaining site activity at the expense of losing less active but more prominent community mainstays is not what I want from UKMIX. If there are moderation issues, we need to deal with them.

Now in terms of this topic. I think that the Random Thought Thread is not currently being used in its intended way and as I look back at some of the last few pages, I can definitely see why people are getting frustrated. Therefore, I'm open to some honest feedback from all - we couldn't decide as a moderation team, so what do you all think:

Questions

Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?

If not, should there be clearer rules about what is posted in here?

If the Random Thought Thread was to go, what should it be replaced by?

How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?

Should we do something different with the Premium Members Lounge? E.g. should that be a forum open to established members only but provide a truly safe place for people to interact honestly and openly.

For the next day or so, please quit with any Random Thoughts and let's deal with the issue above - as I said, here to listen.

Comment

• ^The random thoughts should not be closed. But i feel like its only dragging and shading here, which needs to change. Some people need to mature more so they can have more civilised discussions then insulting ones, or the tiring "my dusty diva is better then your dusty diva"

To quote [MENTION=21675]BeeBoy[/MENTION]
                                  I actually think deleting the Unpopular opinion thread wasn't a good idea tbh, that way stuff didn't always get heated up in the same topic and different subjetcs were duscussed without getting lost in the everyday drivel of stanning

Comment

• Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?
                                    No

Random thoughts should be just what it its name is.

My Pop Talk thread

How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?
                                    Relax thr rules as a whole on ukmix, and the whole site will be more active

Should we do something different with the Premium Members Lounge? E.g. should that be a forum open to established members only but provide a truly safe place for people to interact honestly and openly.
                                    No

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                      People are getting too sensitive about their faves, especially Mariah fans. I get that it might get annoying but there are people who call Ed Sheeran, Sheerat and other names for other fave artists. I take it as a joke and laugh at it.
                                      This. Especially When they drag and shade everybody under The sun and seem to be given free reign to do so. Bit god forbid any One says a Word about Mariah and its like world war 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        This. Especially When they drag and shade everybody under The sun and seem to be given free reign to do so. Bit god forbid any One says a Word about Mariah and its like world war 3.
                                        I think the problem is that that’s all you seem to do.

You’ve made your point on the issue, now stop playing the victim and dragging this up.

Comment

• You bring up Mariah more than Trump brings up Obama - it’s exhausting.

Anyway answer is simple, bring back unpopular opinions.

and ban Infamous

Comment

• Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                              I think the problem is that that’s all you seem to do.

You’ve made your point on the issue, now stop playing the victim and dragging this up.
                                              I beg your pardon if you actually look at my posts for the last number of weeks this is anything but accurate.
                                              Also I am not playing victim. I have been clearly singled out in this thread and I have a right to defend myself especially when those calling me out are far from innocent themselves.

Comment

• Move on, only answers to my questions thanks.

Comment

• Questions

Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?

Nope.

I can see encouraging this thread to be less musically focused, technically there is already a thread for all of that. If you had a Stan-vs-stan thread, I can see quietly moving the tired diva dragging/stanning comments from here to there (without admonishing the posters). This way you don't limit freedom of speech, but at the same time can keep things neater and encourage a broader range of discussion.

No need for it to go, but some complimentary threads could help things move along more efficiently.

Comment

• The random thoughts thread is too iconic to be closed, however it seems that it has devolved into something different, as if itís lost its original purpose/function and I honestly donít know how it could get back to that. Special moderation? I donít know. The fact that the lounge is publicly available doesnít make a difference it seems; you would think itíd be more active, but alas....

Btw, I saw this and wanted to post it in the funny pics thread or whatever it was called but I cant find it??

i CACKLED tbh

Comment

Working...
                                                    X