Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    Move on, only answers to my questions thanks.
    This can be solved quite easily by bringing back Unpopular Thots and have both Random Thots and Upopular Thots run parallel just like before. I don't know why Unpolular Thots was closed so abruptly anyway tbh.
    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
    98 - OUT

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
      The random thoughts thread is too iconic to be closed, however it seems that it has devolved into something different, as if it’s lost its original purpose/function and I honestly don’t know how it could get back to that. Special moderation? I don’t know. The fact that the lounge is publicly available doesn’t make a difference it seems; you would think it’d be more active, but alas....


      Btw, I saw this and wanted to post it in the funny pics thread or whatever it was called but I cant find it??





      i CACKLED tbh
      Gworl what on earth is Madonna wearing
      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

      Comment


      • I think a thread where we would not be warned for flaimbait or trolling like a stan wars would solve any issues. Those not interested just stay out and let anyone who wants enter. Personal attacks should not be allowed however.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
          Ukmix has just lost someone I honestly believe was in the Top 3 members who made the biggest impact in the Random Thoughts, Unpopular Opinions and many other topics in "This & That /Lounge" section. Can we at least appreciate that for a sec. It's a little frustrating going through the Serby topic then coming here to find the usual silliness that constantly derails this topic
          Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
          Some of us are under 30 and enjoy fun shade here and there. We all don't spend our days drinking prune juice & watching M*A*S*H and yelling at kids. If you don't want to interact, tell the nurse to log you out
          Wow! I cannot believe how insensitive Aaron can be right after DOSSOME's post.
          My Instagram... - Click here

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            I beg your pardon if you actually look at my posts for the last number of weeks this is anything but accurate.
            Also I am not playing victim. I have been clearly singled out in this thread and I have a right to defend myself especially when those calling me out are far from innocent themselves.
            You are so see through like you're bathing in Windex. First you try to start World War III with the lambily, next you post (for the 1085th time) how much you want her to be #1 at Christmas. Oh, and to make sure you get away with your baiting you put the word "genuine" in every I'm-so-nice-post.
            My Instagram... - Click here

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              You are so see through like you're bathing in Windex. First you try to start World War III with the lambily, next you post (for the 1085th time) how much you want her to be #1 at Christmas. Oh, and to make sure you get away with your baiting you put the word "genuine" in every I'm-so-nice-post.
              Take your lame Mariah quotes out of my mentions zzzzz. I post about many topics.

              Comment


              • [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] you're probably gonna just have to create a SYG for some of us that don't mind shade towards our faves because we have a sense of humor & and keep the grandparents in the base

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                  [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] you're probably gonna just have to create a SYG for some of us that don't mind shade towards our faves because we have a sense of humor & and keep the grandparents in the base
                  Says someone who goes off when anyone mentions not liking XO by Beyonce (or anything else she's done for that matter).
                  My Instagram... - Click here

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                    Says someone who goes off when anyone mentions not liking XO by Beyonce (or anything else she's done for that matter).
                    A clapback is not me being angry. Lol

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                      Some of us are under 30 and enjoy fun shade here and there. We all don't spend our days drinking prune juice & watching M*A*S*H and yelling at kids. If you don't want to interact, tell the nurse to log you out
                      Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                      [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] you're probably gonna just have to create a SYG for some of us that don't mind shade towards our faves because we have a sense of humor & and keep the grandparents in the base
                      I was so pleased you created that pop talk thread in attempt to make UKmix drama-free. And then this.

                      Let's not attack fellow UKMixers on the basis of their age.

                      Comment


                      • we get too many of those banned atrl members these days. where are the normal ones?
                        My Chart

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                          Says someone who goes off when anyone mentions not liking XO by Beyonce (or anything else she's done for that matter).
                          He didn't go off . It's called banter and no one normal takes it seriously

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            He didn't go off . It's called banter and no one normal takes it seriously
                            I have never encountered such a uptight group of people in my life. I kinda feel sad for them tbh. Wish they got my sense of humor a bit more
                            Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Sun December 1, 2019, 01:07.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                              I was so pleased you created that pop talk thread in attempt to make UKmix drama-free. And then this.

                              Let's not attack fellow UKMixers on the basis of their age.
                              I won't. But can we all have a sense of humor around here. Nothing [MENTION=52166]InFamous[/MENTION] , [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] or I do is out of harm. It just for a few kiii kiiii's

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                I have never encountered such a uptight group of people in my life. I kinda feel sad for them tbh. Wish they got my sense of humor a bit more
                                Was pretty obvious you were joking around when you made comments like Stream xo for good skin or whatever lol

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  Was pretty obvious you were joking around when you made comments like Stream xo for good skin or whatever lol
                                  Obviously someone tried it

                                  Comment


                                  • [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION]

                                    Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?
                                    No, I just think changes need to be made for it to become more of a respectful but still fun thread!

                                    If not, should there be clearer rules about what is posted in here?
                                    Yes, continuous baiting should not be allowed and I think it's pretty clear when people push those boundaries. It seems to be a free for all which means genuine comments get lost among the Stan wars.

                                    If the Random Thought Thread was to go, what should it be replaced by?
                                    Pop wars of a Stan war specific thread

                                    How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?
                                    I don't think so. People seem to avoid it specifically because it turns into Stan wars and sometimes its people clearly baiting people.

                                    Should we do something different with the Premium Members Lounge? E.g. should that be a forum open to established members only but provide a truly safe place for people to interact honestly and openly.

                                    I feel like something needs to happen whether it's a seperate advice forum or if it's incorporated into another sub forum. It's a place where people can give and ask advice on a wide manner of things. Sometimes this could be the only place they feel comfortable talking to people as you do tend to be more confident online as opposed to real life. I know I would find it useful. I also feel like a lot of members would be happy to talk and give advice. In general I think people want to help whatever way they can.
                                    Love you like a love song!

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      we get too many of those banned atrl members these days. where are the normal ones?
                                      This is what I was thinking. In my opinion allowing a specific type of behaviour displayed on boards like that would cheapen UKmix, which is otherwise one of the more grown up/intelligent music boards out there.
                                      Allowing a (new) thread where trolling, baiting and shading is is the norm is a terrible idea. If you want to have ratchet stan war moments, take it back to ATRL or somewhere else.

                                      Comment


                                      • Questions

                                        Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?
                                        No.

                                        If not, should there be clearer rules about what is posted in here?
                                        Yes. There's a difference between playful banter and aggressive trolling/baiting and the latter should not be allowed.

                                        If the Random Thought Thread was to go, what should it be replaced by?
                                        Replacing it seems useless. Keep the thread but keep an eye out for certain members.

                                        How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?
                                        A lot of random thought get ignored/buried in the same old stan war discussions, as soon as they are out of the way more people get time to 'shine'. It becomes more attractive to post there.

                                        Comment


                                        • Why do some people on here feel the need for trolling/baiting in the first place? After my first ban on here, I had to learn 'Live and let live!'. So let's pretend that Mariah Carey's music is not my cup of tea. Why isn't it possible to mention that once and then move on, instead of discrediting an artist and his/her art on and on and on? It's tiresome for other users and as I had to learn back then, being in the center of constant fights is not a good feeling...
                                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                          and everything you stand for?
                                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                          just to tell you that I see more?

                                          Comment


                                          • Relaxing the rules has done nothing to increase activity here. There's like only one or two problematic users (one being that Racist GetBack & the other isn't really worth acknowledging) so?

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              Why do some people on here feel the need for trolling/baiting in the first place? After my first ban on here, I had to learn 'Live and let live!'. So let's pretend that Mariah Carey's music is not my cup of tea. Why isn't it possible to mention that once and then move on, instead of discrediting an artist and his/her art on and on and on? It's tiresome for other users and as I had to learn back then, being in the center of constant fights is not a good feeling...
                                              4real tho... Everyone knows I LIVE for Brandy Norwood but I'll be the first to acknowledge "Brandy Performs For the Chairs" is when trolling is done right. Maybe people who want to bait/troll should take notes from there then all will be well

                                              Comment


                                              • As far as I can see it's one fan base who is problematic. Celine GDA thread and recent album thread were full of varying opinions, discussions and positive and negative opinions yet no one had any issues. Just today someone asked a question in the MC thread following a list published by Rolling Stone and was literally attacked by 7 people. In the Celine thread an MC fan commented that the album should be called filler not Courage. If anyone dared to say anything like that in the Caution thread there would be outrage, attacks and meltdowns.

                                                And before anyone tells me to move on again please tell the MC fans to move on from me because they are still singling me out here.
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Sun December 1, 2019, 12:18.

                                                Comment


                                                • I'm really into running now. I can't believe it. Chubby 10 year old me would (and could) never.
                                                  Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Sweet mother of Christ it never ends
                                                    Last edited by mariahmatherspacker; Sun December 1, 2019, 12:28.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X