This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Can someone explain to me why todays kids refuse to play anything sung by a woman? All my nephews and nieces are like this and I have seen many other children behave like this. Like what's up with todays generation? Where is the blatant women hate coming from?

Back when I was in school literally no one cared about the singer's gender as long as the song was a bop. Everyone on school would be blasting songs by Rihanna, Shakira, Nelly Furtado, Beyonce etc. What has changed since then?
    Not everyone can have taste. But you have. Bless you.
    DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki
      I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• Germany is a special case. In the 1960s and 1970s, I think, female acts in general were at their peak concerning domestic acts.

In the 1980s and 1990s international female dominated the market [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]

Ever since the advent of the digital age male acts have completely and totally swept the female artist out of public consciousness. There are a few successful ones, but you can count them on one hand literally and they are far spread. Anastacia and Nelly Furtado for the first half of the 2000s, then maybe Rihanna in the second half... but since then international females can only get like 1 era and then fade away.

Right now [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] we only have Helene and Sarah Connor left for domestic artists, literally everyone else is not successful.

I encounter the hate too... well it's not really hate, but female acts are not taken seriously here anymore.

Who is to blame? Females themselves. What they do not understand is that sex sells in the US and UK (the anglo markets), but popstitutes are loathes as something inferior in the German mindset. And I have to agree with that notion. They really are.

I am invested in finding local bands and those which I have found like Leoniden from Kiel or KLAN are so much better than anything on the international level. Today you need a penis in order to be successful here and my ghey heart likes it a lot.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          Germany is a special case. In the 1960s and 1970s, I think, female acts in general were at their peak concerning domestic acts.

In the 1980s and 1990s international female dominated the market [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]

Ever since the advent of the digital age male acts have completely and totally swept the female artist out of public consciousness. There are a few successful ones, but you can count them on one hand literally and they are far spread. Anastacia and Nelly Furtado for the first half of the 2000s, then maybe Rihanna in the second half... but since then international females can only get like 1 era and then fade away.

Right now [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] we only have Helene and Sarah Connor left for domestic artists, literally everyone else is not successful.

I encounter the hate too... well it's not really hate, but female acts are not taken seriously here anymore.

Who is to blame? Females themselves. What they do not understand is that sex sells in the US and UK (the anglo markets), but popstitutes are loathes as something inferior in the German mindset. And I have to agree with that notion. They really are.

I am invested in finding local bands and those which I have found like Leoniden from Kiel or KLAN are so much better than anything on the international level. Today you need a penis in order to be successful here and my ghey heart likes it a lot.
          If that were the case then bland nuns like Celina would be dominating the market but they are not.

Also the only 2 successful german females you mentioned are both popstitutes so what gives?
          Beauty is a must, Talent is a plus: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ BEYONCE ♪ THE WEEKND
          #NO DUSTY DIVAS OR XMAS FADS ALLOWED (EXCEPT MADINO)

Comment

• Is it true that this song is about daddies with big d*cks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
              As far as I recall it was the same when I was in highschool. It wasn't cool to listen to females period. Don't think that's a new or current thing.
              It's always been like that in America. More so to do with sexuality from a man. In America if a man enjoys female musicians he is gay to the GP. That's why I like watching performances from beyonce, Rihanna & more from European countries. Because it's like the crowd doesn't care what you are

Comment

• It's sad. Because imo. Females do it better than men

Comment

Is it true that this song is about daddies with big d*cks?
                  this + Sin Pijama = the best basic bops of the last few years, luvv it

oh and, yes
                  ˇEh, mamá!
                  Me quiero matar
                  El mundo se va a la mierda
                  Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Who is to blame? Females themselves. What they do not understand is that sex sells in the US and UK (the anglo markets), but popstitutes are loathes as something inferior in the German mindset.
                    This would make sense if female pop stars with a non-sexual image (the Pinks, Lordes and Adeles) were still scoring hits. But only the popstitutes (Ari, Dua, Camila) have scored multiple hits since Rih left the scene and Katy started flopping.

Imo, it has more to do with the fact that popular music goes through cycles. At the moment, rap dominates all other genres and rap is still a male-dominated genre. Women dominated when pop dominated from 2005-2013 and they will make a comeback when pop makes a comeback OR when more women break into rap (we're already seeing this on a national level with Aya Nakamura in France and Juju / Shirin / Loredana in Germany).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                      This would make sense if female pop stars with a non-sexual image (the Pinks, Lordes and Adeles) were still scoring hits. But only the popstitutes (Ari, Dua, Camila) have scored multiple hits since Rih left the scene and Katy started flopping.

Imo, it has more to do with the fact that popular music goes through cycles. At the moment, rap dominates all other genres and rap is still a male-dominated genre. Women dominated when pop dominated from 2005-2013 and they will make a comeback when pop makes a comeback OR when more women break into rap (we're already seeing this on a national level with Aya Nakamura in France and Juju / Shirin / Loredana in Germany).
                      hits are irrelevant... albums equivalents are the thing to be looking at in GER. Adele, Connor and Helene are the only ones with great sales in that department... and P!nk maybe too. However, P!nk has been around for too long to be up with them, especially with them German galz.
                      My Chart

Comment

hits are irrelevant... albums equivalents are the thing to be looking at in GER. Adele, Connor and Helene are the only ones with great sales in that department... and P!nk maybe too. However, P!nk has been around for too long to be up with them, especially with them German galz.
                        no one under 40 cares for albums let alone album equivalents

outdated concepts like that won't get you far when you're trying to understand what young people like and why they like what they like

hits and social media influence are the 2 main factors to look at, with touring playing a minor role and albums being almost completely irrelevant

Comment

This is a much more logical explaination than stevvy's .

Comment

• You are right. I believe that single performance can make you turn into a celebrity, while album success makes the difference between a celebrity and a star as acts with a long and stable career at least had one defining big album.
                            [MENTION=27834]Rihab[/MENTION]: You're mostly talking about young people, while the majority of the population in Western countries are 40 years old and older. And I believe that we need to consider different needs depending on the respective part of society. Capital Bra is successful in the singles department, but will he have a sustainable impact on the contemporary music landscape? I feel like he's the kind of act who'll be considered a 'child of its time' in years to come. Like Wilson Phillips back in the day...
                            Last edited by theMathematician; Wed November 27th, 2019, 20:27.
                            ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).

Comment

Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).
                                Sis, this has been going on since we were fetuses.
                                Originally posted by Kaloki

Comment

• I can enjoy a good song irrespective of an act's gender, ethnicity or sexuality .
                                  ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• I didn’t post a good song tho

Comment

no one under 40 cares for albums let alone album equivalents

outdated concepts like that won't get you far when you're trying to understand what young people like and why they like what they like

hits and social media influence are the 2 main factors to look at, with touring playing a minor role and albums being almost completely irrelevant
                                      saying albums are irrelevant goes against everything a music fan should believe in. So you do not want your faves to make music? Because the album is THE collection of an artists music in a certain time-frame. the single is rather irrelevant.
                                      My Chart

Comment

This is a much more logical explaination than stevvy's .
                                        it might appear to a still developing brain. What I say factors in experience. Listen to the elderly they are always right.
                                        My Chart

Comment

saying albums are irrelevant goes against everything a music fan should believe in. So you do not want your faves to make music? Because the album is THE collection of an artists music in a certain time-frame. the single is rather irrelevant.
                                          I don't agree here. I prefer a single (new song) every few months, than 16 new songs at once. I would enjoy 16 new songs spread over three years, than 16 songs at once and nothing for the next three years. I can make a playlist of this time-frame myself these days.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• When it comes to Janet vs Beyonce, I prefer Janet any time any place.
                                            No one made me love to dance as much as Janet.
                                            Also, I prefer her voice and songs.

Last edited by RayRay; Wed November 27th, 2019, 21:01.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

it might appear to a still developing brain. What I say factors in experience. Listen to the elderly they are always right.
                                              Old people bring nothing but regression and degradation like Brexit and Trump so no thank you, I'll keep on happily dragging the dusty olds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                I didn’t post a good song tho
                                                when do you ever?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                  when do you ever?
                                                  When I’m not in the Vadge forum.

Comment

• TY [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X