X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheRealest
    replied
    The only thing I want from Beyoncé is a bop. She can keep everything else.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Regarding music in films I always prefered the musical scores over original songs.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    there have been a lot of successful soundtrack songs recently... the biggest of them all would be Can't stop this feeling. Also Happy. Or still charting: Shallow. The list is rather endless.

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    'Spirit' would of been huge if it came out in the 90's or 2000s but nowadays soundtrack singles sung by a superstar is rarely a thing. The last successful soundtrack I can think of was sung by Adele and that was 7 years ago. Times have changed. A lot of the mainstream audience are kids. They are the ones that stream the most and generate views that go viral. Most don't really want to listen to uplifting ballads like 'Spirit'. I do think the song sounds like it could of been released in 2008 imo.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    That's subjective and I think it is. To me it is absolutely amazing. She has some songs which I like even more, but Spirit would def. rank in my Beyoncé top 10. (I haven't even watched the movie tho and I do not intend to).
    Well, Beyoncé fans are used to higher standards.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Except that "Spirit" is far from being one of Beyoncé's best songs LOL
    That's subjective and I think it is. To me it is absolutely amazing. She has some songs which I like even more, but Spirit would def. rank in my Beyoncé top 10. (I haven't even watched the movie tho and I do not intend to).

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    That's what they also did to Beyoncé's Spirit, which in my estimation is one of the best songs of 2019. I don't understand why Beyoncé got all the hate and why so many ppl dislike the amazingly beautiful melody, vocals and message. .
    Except that "Spirit" is far from being one of Beyoncé's best songs LOL

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by hellohello View Post
    I think whatever Madge releases, the go are gonna dismiss it if it's not a hit. Madge can't win anymore.
    That's what they also did to Beyoncé's Spirit, which in my estimation is one of the best songs of 2019. I don't understand why Beyoncé got all the hate and why so many ppl dislike the amazingly beautiful melody, vocals and message.

Same with God Control which had an amazing music video - one of the best of 2019 in my view and the song is both serious and danceable.

People should start listening to the music for the music and not for the artist.

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    I think whatever Madge releases, the go are gonna dismiss it if it's not a hit. Madge can't win anymore.

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Madame X got old pretty fast. I only listened to that album once. I think it's quite forgettable. I find that album too serious and not in a good way like 'Erotica'. I want dance pop Madge back.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    I agree with you, InFamous. I hardly feel any interest to take 'MDNA' or 'Madame X' out of my CD collection. There's nothing really that excites me about them - and for albums by Madonna, that's super rare. In fact, the only other albums of hers that have got me feeling the same way are 'Like a Virgin' and 'True Blue' (apart from 'Live To Tell', which i love).
    For me that entire stretch between Medellin and Crave is just skippable, unless I am really in the mood to sit through it. I could almost say the same for the section between Crave and Looking for mercy.

Live to tell is amazing. One of her best ever tracks.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I love Madame X. I don't get the hate. MDMA is OK too.
    I don't hate it. I said it had no replay value for me. Not the same thing.
    It's not an album you can just throw on and listen to.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I agree with you, InFamous. I hardly feel any interest to take 'MDNA' or 'Madame X' out of my CD collection. There's nothing really that excites me about them - and for albums by Madonna, that's super rare. In fact, the only other albums of hers that have got me feeling the same way are 'Like a Virgin' and 'True Blue' (apart from 'Live To Tell', which i love).

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    For me MDNA is literally unlistenable now, it is such a bad album. I can listen to some of Rebel Heart but i'm afraid Madame X is going to have almost zero replay value for me. I have I Rise and Crave on a playlist but that's it.
    I love Madame X. I don't get the hate. MDMA is OK too.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    nnnn same sis, it feels like a struggle / chore to try to listen to her albums ever since Stale Candy

Le tme just listen to Erotica for the billionth time and call it a day.
    For me MDNA is literally unlistenable now, it is such a bad album. I can listen to some of Rebel Heart but i'm afraid Madame X is going to have almost zero replay value for me. I have I Rise and Crave on a playlist but that's it.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    So do you want her to make songs in albanian and flop hard or run to DJ's for quick lil smashes? Make up your mind sis.
    Again, my personal taste would lead Dua to bankruptcy. The music biz works like any other job these days, you gotta lose all your credibility, do dodgy and questionable things for that quick buck. But I'd rather have Dua at the top than some of those Drakes and Sheerans.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    That's just a lil cute promo single to keep the interest of the GP, the real second single will come once Old Town Twink is done smashing.
    The song with Z that’s freefalling?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    It's for Dua's best interest, my criticism and personal taste can be then addressed by Dua laughing all the way to the bank.
    So do you want her to make songs in albanian and flop hard or run to DJ's for quick lil smashes? Make up your mind sis.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post

That's just a lil cute promo single to keep the interest of the GP, the real second single will come once Old Town Twink is done smashing.
    Last edited by aRat; Wed August 7, 2019, 21:13.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    I have to be honest, I haven't even tried to listen to it in at least six weeks.
    nnnn same sis, it feels like a struggle / chore to try to listen to her albums ever since Stale Candy

Le tme just listen to Erotica for the billionth time and call it a day.
    Last edited by aRat; Wed August 7, 2019, 21:17.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    Initially I thought "Panini" was about those stickers.

LOL, I used to collect those panini stickers when I was kid for Disney movies. Very nostalgic.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Madame Xanax is unlistenable just after 2 months.
    That's it, Madonna has completely lost it for good.
    I have to be honest, I haven't even tried to listen to it in at least six weeks.

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    He was a chart obssessed ghey before he bacame famous, I am sure he has several tricks up the sleeve to help him stay relevant. Just look at all the tricks he pulled to stay on top for 18 weeks. The gud sis is here to stay.
    If he is here to stay then he can stay with the other trash along with Garbaj.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    It can count. Shocking.
    Hhmmm some might class that as a personal attack/ fishing for an argument.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Initially I thought "Panini" was about those stickers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X