• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Michael D Jordan can terminate my body
    They know what basketball is in your hole?

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    I want to know who typed this list!!!

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Speaking of chocolate, [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, what chocolate daddies do you stan 4? When I was a teen twink, there was an actor by the name of Boris Kodoje (who’s parents actually come from your hole ) and he did things to me.
    Michael D Jordan can terminate my body

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Speaking of chocolate, [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, what chocolate daddies do you stan 4? When I was a teen twink, there was an actor by the name of Boris Kodoje (who’s parents actually come from your hole ) and he did things to me.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Except sex & chocolate. Everyone loves those.
    There's even asexuals and I actually know people who dislike chocolate. Criminals honestly.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    I think some people just don't like anything.
    Except sex & chocolate. Everyone loves those.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    I think some people just don't like anything.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen View Post
    Yeah, when you started talking about it and I went to wiki I was surprised too see that genre of the movie, I never knew Maryl played those kind of roles. I always thought of her as one of those actresses than only play in 'serious' drama movies.

I'm not the biggest fan of dramas, but I know they are critics darlings
    Actually she never or rarely did. I think this is the only Meryl Streep film of this nature so it's totally unique in her filmography. She also said in one interview that it was the hardest film she had to shoot in her entire career, the shooting process was painfully exhausting and frustrating but she liked the final result.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

Imagine being this ******* disgusting, or imagine supporting such a vile pig Using a terrorist attack by a racist to push immigration laws instead of a gun reform. I don't even know if that's a new low, I can't keep track with this orange clown..tragic.
    He is just a clown with zero integrity and no values who uses buzz / trigger words to please his likewise braindead demographic. I would never take anything he says at face value.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    It's an over the top movie and includes elements of Fantasy. So it's basically a Dark Comedy-Fantasy movie, nothing on it is supposed to represent reality, just a pure fiction little crazy movie.

Don't get too hyped though, I mean I totally approve the movie but It's not a masterpiece or anything like that either, it's just a good fun film with great acting and quite interesting bizarre plot. I do think it will make you laugh and that the movie is deeper than it seems.

I also don't want to give you spoilers but a few of the scenes on the trailer were not used in the actual / final footage but overall it's as extra as you expect it to be . . . also the fact that legends like Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn agreed to do this very crazy film speaks volumes, it's not hard to sign Oscar winning actors of the caliber of Meryl or Goldie into a "Comedy Fantasy" film, so yeah it was a good project.

Perhaps you'll like it though, considering that you don't agree with critics then this may be for you because the intensity of the film obviously caused division on critics only scoring 52% on Rotten Tomatoes. This is an example of a film that I don't agree with critics in any sense, it was fun and charismatic and I personally don't regret watching this film at all.
    Yeah, when you started talking about it and I went to wiki I was surprised too see that genre of the movie, I never knew Maryl played those kind of roles. I always thought of her as one of those actresses than only play in 'serious' drama movies.

I'm not the biggest fan of dramas, but I know they are critics darlings

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Trailer was so extra and over the top I am hyped for the movie

I always liked your taste in music, so I'm gonna trust you for movies too
    It's an over the top movie and includes elements of Fantasy. So it's basically a Dark Comedy-Fantasy movie, nothing on it is supposed to represent reality, just a pure fiction little crazy movie.

Don't get too hyped though, I mean I totally approve the movie but It's not a masterpiece or anything like that either, it's just a good fun film with great acting and quite interesting bizarre plot. I do think it will make you laugh and that the movie is deeper than it seems.

I also don't want to give you spoilers but a few of the scenes on the trailer were not used in the actual / final footage but overall it's as extra as you expect it to be . . . also the fact that legends like Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn agreed to do this very crazy film speaks volumes, it's not hard to sign Oscar winning actors of the caliber of Meryl or Goldie into a "Comedy Fantasy" film, so yeah it was a good project.

Perhaps you'll like it though, considering that you don't agree with critics then this may be for you because the intensity of the film obviously caused division on critics only scoring 52% on Rotten Tomatoes. This is an example of a film that I don't agree with critics in any sense, it was fun and charismatic and I personally don't regret watching this film at all.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    The film is from 1992 but it sets through several decades, one part of the film is set in the 70s, another part of it in the 80s and then in 1992.

I know the trailer looks over the top and crazy. But trust me, the movie is nothing like it's vague and vanal trailers suggest, it's the kind of movie that no trailer could make it justice IMO. The movie is extremely charismatic, charming, funny (believe it or not at some points deep and meaningfull) and has AMAZING acting from Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn and Bruce Willis, the acting is a HUGE strength of this film.
    Trailer was so extra and over the top I am hyped for the movie

I always liked your taste in music, so I'm gonna trust you for movies too

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Imagine being this ******* disgusting, or imagine supporting such a vile pig Using a terrorist attack by a racist to push immigration laws instead of a gun reform. I don't even know if that's a new low, I can't keep track with this orange clown..tragic.
    Last edited by BeeBoy; Mon August 5, 2019, 17:59.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Just seen the trailer for Death becomes her, what the hell was that

Is it me, or movie looks like it's from 60s and not 1992. It kinds looks 'too old'?

When I watched trailer for Thelma and Lois it looked a lot more current, and movies are from around same time.
    The film is from 1992 but it sets through several decades, one part of the film is set in the 70s, another part of it in the 80s and then in 1992.

I know the trailer looks over the top and crazy. But trust me, the movie is nothing like it's vague and vanal trailers suggest, it's the kind of movie that no trailer could make it justice IMO. The movie is extremely charismatic, charming, funny (believe it or not at some points deep and meaningfull) and has AMAZING acting from Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn and Bruce Willis, the acting is a HUGE strength of this film.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I watched it few years ago, after I found out DH were inspired by it, I enjoyed first 30 minutes, I think it lost me after that... I'm not sure If I even remember plot anymore. I should rewatch it, gonna put it on to watch list
    Yeah you should because the second half of the movie is very intense and connects all the dots.

And yeah DH was inspired (at some points even ripped) by it in every single way (this was even said by the creator) the DH's narration technique, Comedy-Drama shifting nature, the overall tone of the series, the cinematography style, aesthetics, plot and editing was basically taken straight out of "American Beauty".

The film displays all kinds of mysteries and issues behind "perfect families and houses" and lots of irony. It's a very powerful film.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Just seen the trailer for Death becomes her, what the hell was that

Is it me, or movie looks like it's from 60s and not 1992. It kinds looks 'too old'?

When I watched trailer for Thelma and Lois it looked a lot more current, and movies are from around same time.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Rotten Tomatoes can go wrong but it's rare when they do, in most ocassions like 70% of the time they're really spot on.

--

Why don't you try this 1999 acclaimed drama classic?

I've seen you on the "Desperate Housewives" thread commenting on the series, if you like that then you'll probably like this sublime stunning film which is basically the cinematic blueprint of Desperate Housewives.
    I watched it few years ago, after I found out DH were inspired by it, I enjoyed first 30 minutes, I think it lost me after that... I'm not sure If I even remember plot anymore. I should rewatch it, gonna put it on to watch list

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    American Beauty is really good indeed. And also one of the movies which are rated good from critics and audience alike
    Indeed. That movie fared well in every circle: Awards, Critics, Audiences and Box Office.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    American Beauty is really good indeed. And also one of the movies which are rated good from critics and audience alike

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    After seeing ASIB movie, I don't trust Rottentomatoes either.

It's the only movie I've seen in the last 11 months, and it was so bad... it left bad taste in my mouth
    Rotten Tomatoes can go wrong but it's rare when they do, in most ocassions like 70% of the time they're really spot on.

--

Why don't you try this 1999 acclaimed drama classic?

I've seen you on the "Desperate Housewives" thread commenting on the series, if you like that then you'll probably like this sublime stunning film which is basically the cinematic blueprint of Desperate Housewives.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    After seeing ASIB movie, I don't trust Rottentomatoes either.

It's the only movie I've seen in the last 11 months, and it was so bad... it left bad taste in my mouth

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I don't take Metacritic too seriously, like there are many albums with an average score that are really good. However I find Rotten Tomatoes to be quite accurate in most ocassions, sometimes they can be very spot on.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Some people give too much importance to awards, critics or other people's reactions. I know i won't like a movie just because it got 90% from rotten tomatoes. Same thing goes for music as well.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Am I the only one who loves this stunning, charismatic, funny and poignant / touching 2000 film?

4 Academy Awards nominations and won "Best Original Screenplay". 89% on Rotten Tomatoes (based on 166 reviews). Great directing, acting, Cinematography and story.

I've always been obsessed with this beautiful film, it makes me feel great when I watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    P.S. I read wiki for that Streep movie and it sounds cool, gonna watch it soon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X