X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayRay
    replied
    I have always found it strange, the hate for Madonna. But then again, I've loved her since 1984.
    My father hated her for being too sexy and outspoken.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Yes! Indeed. They're all weirdos and we love them
    Celine is as crazy as the rest though, let's not try to make her something she's not lol. She thinks she's a fashion icon now but she looks like if Björk would make vanilla music.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I think all of our legendary favs have really bad attitudes in interviews.

Madonna seems very condescending and sometimes weird.
    Mariah is always drunk and kind of fake.
    Whitney... i mean Diane Sawyer.... end.
    Janet seems like she doesn't even know her own name.

The only one who is always exceptional is Céline... but that one is cooky as fark as well (but in a good way).

I know it must be an act with the others... but, they don't seem to get out of it.

My dream is... u know that always before the Oscars are on there is a roundtable of actresses discussing things... my dream is something like this, but with only legendary female singers.

Céline / Mariah / Madonna / Cher / Janet / Tina / Chaka / Olivia / Kylie...

It would break the gay.
    Last edited by stevyy; Sun July 7, 2019, 20:51.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I think there's a certain amount of sexism when it comes to Madonna. Like, I can't think of a time on here where I've seen an older male artist disparaged for his age or have that translate to some sort of desperation to stay relevant. But with Madonna, it's like people think she should just rest on her laurels and retire when this has been a career she's enjoyed for decades.
    She brought it on herself tho

I do agree that there is some kind of bias against Madonna because she's easy to discredit since she's not a vocalist and in the eye of GP talent = vocals.

But her being in this terrible place these last few years, with no respect, tarnished legacy, and constant hatred, is only on her and how she handled herself.
    Last edited by Westen; Sun July 7, 2019, 20:01.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I think there's a certain amount of sexism when it comes to Madonna. Like, I can't think of a time on here where I've seen an older male artist disparaged for his age or have that translate to some sort of desperation to stay relevant. But with Madonna, it's like people think she should just rest on her laurels and retire when this has been a career she's enjoyed for decades.
    You're right!

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Why do you guys think people hate Madonna so much? Because of her success? Because she's outspoken? Because she's outliving some of her peers? Because of her fans? Because they think she lacks talent? No other living artist is getting as much hate as M gets and she doesn't get the respect Céline, Beyoncé or other females getting. I'm just wondering why.
    She's just on her own planet.
    I mean, the things she has done in her career and the things she's accomplished are, for the most part, born from her drive to be the best she can be. She's like the embodiment of personal goals.
    I think she would have not become the legend she is if she'd thought of anyone but herself...and that's where the hate comes to play. As an artist she's a legend, as a person she's unbearable. Even in her most "likeable" interviews she comes across as completely non-empathetic and on her own planet but I can't blame her for it.

This clip really seems very telling.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Why do you guys think people hate Madonna so much? Because of her success? Because she's outspoken? Because she's outliving some of her peers? Because of her fans? Because they think she lacks talent? No other living artist is getting as much hate as M gets and she doesn't get the respect Céline, Beyoncé or other females getting. I'm just wondering why.
    Because she was never press darling, and constanth batred negativity, discrediting from press got into GP who bbelieve in everything they read.

Look how beyonce and taylor have amazing PR, and how they convinced GP into thinking they are everything they are actually not. One is seen as a one woman army when in fact she has army doing everything for her, and the other one is mean and a bully while presented as a sweetheart.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Originally posted by aja676 View Post
    BTW, do they allow .gifs outside of the .gif thread these days, or is it just like Popjustice where .gifs are technically not allowed, but mods just turn a blind eye to them?
    They are allowed in some sections of the forum

Leave a comment:

• aja676
    replied
    BTW, do they allow .gifs outside of the .gif thread these days, or is it just like Popjustice where .gifs are technically not allowed, but mods just turn a blind eye to them?

Leave a comment:

• aja676
    replied
    https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...=1#post7095068

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I don't think OTR will break the record.
    You came to your senses?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I don't think OTR will break the record.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Madrid pride happened today too

Leave a comment:

• Madgefan
    replied
    I hope everyone had a great London Pride today

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I am kind of curious to find out for how long KMIX is going to be online this time. <3
    Same

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I am kind of curious to find out for how long KMIX is going to be online this time. <3

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    13 weeks boo, don't give him anymore credit than he's due.

It will tie GOAT next week tho.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Wait Old Town Twink has been #1 for 15 weeks? So it has a real chance to break Moo's record?

Poor [MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION], his favs record about to be snatched by an Onika stan.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I can't at myself writing a lengthy paragraph defending Gaga on a Madonna forum from a few rabid, pressed Madonna fans

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    The server be like

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen View Post
    I don't claim this version, local music channels only played this remix, I don't think I ever listened album track in full, but at some point, this was my favorite song at the time

This sounds like a Get Up remix.

And it doesn’t even feature the cute lil hoodrat in training at the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    I thot Like A Boy peaked higher coz it got played all the time back then but it only peaked at #29

By the way Ava Max is #1 on the german mid year charts. Thots on that?
    How’s that follow up that you speak of doing?

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    C-Error actually had three consecutive top 10s in your hole, [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet?! Including this iconik ghetto-ass mess?!
    I don't claim this version, local music channels only played this remix, I don't think I ever listened album track in full, but at some point, this was my favorite song at the time

Leave a comment:

Working...
X