X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    Caution remains the best album released by one of the Big Five recently. Will Céline or Janet be able to dethrone it? Madame X couldn't.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon View Post
    I love her. Played her first three albums like crazy back in high school, can't even describe how many feels her songs and lyrics gave me. She truly makes poetry, love reading her lyrics and trying to figure them out. Definitely an acquired taste because of her voice and song structure/length, but for me it works. Love the harp, too.

Divers didn't quite grab me as much because it came out much later and I'm in a different age/phase of life, but I do enjoy some songs, namely the one you linked, which is perfection. I don't listen to her that much these days, but still have lots of love for her music.
    I discovered her around the time when 'Divers' dropped so a lot of brilliance was found working my way back.
    "Ys" especially is one of the best albums I've ever heard. 'Only Skin' alone is enough to be left with for a good year lol.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    What a crazy page - Debbie Gibson, La Bouche, Bastille, Shirley Bassey, this Joanna lady...

The only thing I recognize is TheRealest's quote.
    Education

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Started watching "When They See Us" and omg it's kinda wrecking me. These poor poor boys. They were just children that fell prey to the disgusting system :(
    Last edited by aRat; Thu June 20, 2019, 19:16.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Poetry sis

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Debbie Gibson is [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION]’s WBT

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    What a crazy page - Debbie Gibson, La Bouche, Bastille, Shirley Bassey, this Joanna lady...

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    Anyone Joanna fans here? Casual listeners?
    This woman is an actual treasure if you'd ask me.
    I love her. Played her first three albums like crazy back in high school, can't even describe how many feels her songs and lyrics gave me. She truly makes poetry, love reading her lyrics and trying to figure them out. Definitely an acquired taste because of her voice and song structure/length, but for me it works. Love the harp, too.

Divers didn't quite grab me as much because it came out much later and I'm in a different age/phase of life, but I do enjoy some songs, namely the one you linked, which is perfection. I don't listen to her that much these days, but still have lots of love for her music.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    I can't say that I love her, but I really do enjoy her music. The problem is that every album of hers requires A LOT of attention and that's not something I have every day. Easy might be my favorite song of hers.
    True. it requires a lot of attention and you have to want to stick with it. It took me about 2 years to fully appreciate 'Ys" and I'm still gnawing on some "Have one on me" songs. But it's all so rewarding in the end!
    "Divers" is a breeze compared to her other albums.
    Love the title track and it's video.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I have to give Bastille credit for writing such a socially critical song as 'Doom Days'... and for quoting children's literature's motives because children's literature is everything. If only they bothered to transform into a full 4 minutes song :( .

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    I can't say that I love her, but I really do enjoy her music. The problem is that every album of hers requires A LOT of attention and that's not something I have every day. Easy might be my favorite song of hers.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    The only posts you'll find in Madonna threads these days:

1) Her team is useless.
    2) _________ chart is fake and meaningless.
    3) When are today's predictions coming out.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Don't know about albums but songs should go to Vault section earlier imo. 3-4 year old songs clogging Songs section isn't preferable.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I love nostalgia though, so many great songs are among the recent posts, no room for the new rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    He's coming for that weekly poster No.1 spot no matter the cost

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Who took over [MENTION=22521]Loveguru[/MENTION] account and is now on a weird nostalgia trip the whole morning?

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    I know that you been waiting for it
    I’m waiting too
    In my imagination I be all up on you
    I know you got that fever for me
    Hundred and two
    And boy I know I feel the same
    My temperature’s through the roof

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Laura Dern is a fantastic actress who is criminally underrated imo.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Shirley Bassey is one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

I saw her live and she is just amazing.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    ^ The anniversary is next week Friday, in fact! It's incredible how much progress has been made since. We're slowly but surely getting there.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Next week represents 50 years since The Stonewall Inn was raided and riots occurred - on that fateful night, this was apparently one of the songs playing...

How appropriate! What a mighty vocalist Dame Shirley was and is - goosebumps.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
    Can I customize the size and can it be hard instead of soft frosting? Asking for a friend
    yes and yes

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
    90s bop

Yeah, I like it. Lowkey classic.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    90s bop

Leave a comment: