X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    I love that these two have fought for so long, unconsciously and to the delight of their respective fanbases at UKMIX. Without question, the two biggest female artists of all-time - ever, bar none, goodnight.

I have such (un)fond memories of 2008/2009 UKMIX when I used to go to war with denise and DaBoi over things like this.
    I have to say that although Celine's music is not my cup of tea, seing her live is an out of body experience! She absolutely is one of the best performers of all time. A great singer/performer is not some one with a great voice. Is some one who can comand a crowd with just being there. And she's got it!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    ^ I usually do, but you lying went a bit too far IMO.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    You should re-read some of your posts...
    No need, just ignore my posts. Peace.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I love that these two have fought for so long, unconsciously and to the delight of their respective fanbases at UKMIX. Without question, the two biggest female artists of all-time - ever, bar none, goodnight.

I have such (un)fond memories of 2008/2009 UKMIX when I used to go to war with denise and DaBoi over things like this.
    They were such a mess though

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I deserve the best things in life because i'm not shading anyone.
    You should re-read some of your posts...

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    The legendary Celine Dion does Carpool Karaoke.
    She's so funny, one of the best Carpool Karaokes I've seen.

But what is that accent at 10:19? Why does she sound like an old Southern European man all of a sudden?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Not for long...

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Good job then, as she'll have that title by the end of the year!
    Not for long...

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    that wasn't my question!
    My question is, if she deserves all that for all that, what do you deserve for doing the same, or worst than what she did?
    after all she only called Gaga's song reductive. You've called her much worst things!
    So, again, what do you deserve?
    I deserve the best things in life because i'm not shading anyone.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    I answered if you've read correctly.

If you shade other artists, you deserve their fans' anger and hate, simple as that.
    that wasn't my question!
    My question is, if she deserves all that for all that, what do you deserve for doing the same, or worst than what she did?
    after all she only called Gaga's song reductive. You've called her much worst things!
    So, again, what do you deserve?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I didn't say Celine didn't deserve it and you didn't answer my question...
    I answered if you've read correctly.

If you shade other artists, you deserve their fans' anger and hate, simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    She deserves it because she is a fantastic singer and she has a nice personality.

And yes, if you shade younger artists, you deserve their hate, anger, whatever you call it.
    I didn't say Celine didn't deserve it and you didn't answer my question...

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    You just said Madonna deserves all the hate she gets because she shaded Gaga!
    And what do you deserve with that kind of post?
    I know what you deserve, I just can't give it to you...
    She deserves it because she is a fantastic singer and she has a nice personality.

And yes, if you shade younger artists, you deserve their hate, anger, whatever you call it.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    She's a wonderful person and extremely talented. I wouldn't mind if she becomes the top touring female artist because she slays and deserves the title.
    Good job then, as she'll have that title by the end of the year!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Best Carpool Karaoke ever. Too funny.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    She deserves the touring queen title more than a certain singer. At least Céline can sing.
    You just said Madonna deserves all the hate she gets because she shaded Gaga!
    And what do you deserve with that kind of post?
    I know what you deserve, I just can't give it to you...

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    speaking of touring... her a new day vegas residency consisted of more concerts than Mariah's entire touring profile. Céline is first and foremost a live artist... I don't think that there is a female act living or dead who has performed more shows than Céline.
    She deserves the touring queen title more than a certain singer. At least Céline can sing.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    This is for my favorite troll [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]

Hunty is so hawt.

Ewww @ Hoelene tho.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    She's a wonderful person and extremely talented. I wouldn't mind if she becomes the top touring female artist because she slays and deserves the title.
    speaking of touring... her a new day vegas residency consisted of more concerts than Mariah's entire touring profile. Céline is first and foremost a live artist... I don't think that there is a female act living or dead who has performed more shows than Céline.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    I've never actually seen her being interviewed but she comes across so well in that video.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    The truth isn’t always pretty

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I see it that way: Race is part of our identity, so I wouldn't condemn that topic. However, this is a music forum, so race should not play a major role as you can enjoy a song (or not) irrespective of your ethnic background. I would say that it's OK to mention it in a non-judgemental way, such as '90% of all people who bought Beyoncé's last album are African Americans; 90% of all people who bought Taylor Swift's last album are white Americans.' (purely made up numbers) as that's just quoting statistics that reveal a correlation between race and musical preferences. A derogation would, however, be if you added the sentence 'At least [enter race] have taste.' because you're putting a race ahead of another - and that's not what this forum should be about. So if there's a circumstance making it necessary to mention races on here, just use expressions that do not have the main purpose to cause a stir. So, 'African American' seems to be widely accepted as neutral in meaning, but I'm struggling to come up with a context in which the word 'privileged' enriches a conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    Americans and their poisonous obsession with race.

It doesn't even matter if that specific term has negative connotations or not, we don't need any kind of racially divisive language on Ukmix imo.
    By that logic, terms such as “African American” or “entitled and privileged” are also taboo, no?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X