X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aRat
    replied
    Hmmm I feel like the modivas have a vendetta against me...

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    What has happened to [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]? Was his success only a fad? It seems like he never fully recovered after Swan Song's and Ava Max' floppage. How will Dua fate after her only stan has abandoned her as soon as people stopped streaming her singles?
    Your sig is DISGUSTANG! Just when i thot I would finally see a pic of you I end up seeing THAT.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
    Gasolina is still that song tbh.
    You better recognize!!! I love that song!!!

Leave a comment:

• urbanmusik
    replied
    Gasolina is still that song tbh.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    ^I'm trying to suppress the existence of Gasolina.

But yes.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    While being Latin, Shakira conquered the charts all around the world with La Tortura. In 2005 it was unescapeable. I think that's the first time reaggeton was smashing worldwide, no?
    "Gasolina" by Daddy Yankee did in 2004.

Australia #12
    Austria #9
    Denmark #2
    Europe (European Hot 100 singles) #8
    France #12
    Germany #7
    Greece #2
    Ireland #5
    Italy #2
    Netherlands #16
    Norway #4
    Switzerland #5
    UK #5
    US #32

And it smashed because of the song itself , he didn't have the "Laundry Service" hype to rely on.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Latin collaborations haven't started with Fergie though and they haven't ended with her. Around 2000, it was some kind of trend with big hits by Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin or Marc Anthony. Between 2005 and 2010, many musicians actually had that one latin-influenced track on their album, thinking of Nelly Furtado's 'No Hay Igual', Madonna's 'Spanish Lessons' or Beyoncé and Shakira's 'Beautiful Liar'.
    Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin and Marc Anthony were not Reggaeton artists (which is the current movement that is setting streaming charts on fire) and in fact reggaeton was not even popular or mainstream here in Latin America until 2004.

Back then anglo artists would not aknowledge reggaeton or urbal latin genres AT ALL either. Fergie was lowkey the first anglo diva who did and patterned with a reggaeton artist.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    While being Latin, Shakira conquered the charts all around the world with La Tortura. In 2005 it was unescapeable. I think that's the first time reaggeton was smashing worldwide, no?

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Latin collaborations haven't started with Fergie though and they haven't ended with her. Around 2000, it was some kind of trend with big hits by Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin or Marc Anthony. Between 2005 and 2010, many musicians actually had that one latin-influenced track on their album, thinking of Nelly Furtado's 'No Hay Igual', Madonna's 'Spanish Lessons' or Beyoncé and Shakira's 'Beautiful Liar'.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Many of these artists wanting to collaborate with latin stars now and favouring the latin fever and reggaeton . . . . . Demi with Luis Fonsi, Beyoncé with J Balvin, Madonna with Maluma, Katy Perry and Janet Jackson with Daddy Yankee, and it seems like it's a thing now.

It only makes me realize how ahead of her time Fergie actually was when she collaborated with Daddy Yankee in this ancient 2007 Reggaeton latin smash

Leave a comment:

• mariahmatherspacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    Is that a rhetorical question?

Bey is all about quantity now, so of course you're getting more. She's been popping out albums at a faster rate than other women can pop out her children. She just released a live album and she's widely expected to release a soundtrack AND another studio album this year. That would make 5 albums in a little over 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Wasn’t the talk Bey was into eclipses now and the album was speculated to come out at the next eclipse? Her fans are crazy, but I’m sure I read that somewhere

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I can only hope that, at the age of 7, Blue doesn't already have a mobile phone and therefore a mobile number... The next studio album by Beyoncé could, imo, be released anytime soon though, if you ask me. It's been a while since a new album by anyone really got me anticipating its release...

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    I was actually talking about the non existent streaming poison but I'm glad you agree LK soundtrack is her album Also can you pls share Blue's mobile number so I can ask her about B7s release date?

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Is that why Bey's 3 year old album opened with over 15m streams on Spotify alone and #1 on AM just a few days ago? Oh and returned to several Top 10s and Top 20s with 3 days of tracking? Can I pls have more of that poison
    Is that a rhetorical question?

Bey is all about quantity now, so of course you're getting more. She's been popping out albums at a faster rate than other women can pop out her children. She just released a live album and she's widely expected to release a soundtrack AND another studio album this year. That would make 5 albums in a little over 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    69karters

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    True. The 69karters are sales and streaming poison.
    Is that why Bey's 3 year old album opened with over 15m streams on Spotify alone and #1 on AM just a few days ago? Oh and returned to several Top 10s and Top 20s with 3 days of tracking? Can I pls have more of that poison

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I agree. Taylor Swift is able to write good songs; the album 'Speak Now' alone proves that (and she was 20 by the time she has written it all on her own). It's just that she feels like she needs to cater to both audiences, the one who likes the deeper messages and the one who likes her 'fun songs'. And this results in an album featuring both 'Gorgeous' as well as 'New Year's Day'. Maybe she fears that an album full of 'New Year's Day' could stop her from being one of the few US acts who's still able to shift high amounts of albums. On the other hand, as you wrote, '1989' is her closest effort to a perfect pop album, which is why she ended up winning 'Album of the Year' at the Grammys. I could've lived without 'Shake It Off' though, but she seems to love those 'childish' lead singles (see 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' or 'Look What You Made Me Do').

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen View Post
    TLK soundtrack would've been massive even if Jessie J was in it instead of Beyonce.
    True. The 69karters are sales and streaming poison.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    ^ Ofcourse she and her team have that fear. Especially since she just signed with a new label, and this is her first release, ofcourse they want to milk out her succes!

She is a smart woman who knows what she is doing, but lyricly and musicly she hasnt been on top of her game. She could do better. I mean, is the woman who writes "Gorgeous" and "Spelling is fun, there is no i in team," the same woman as the woman who wrote "all too well," or "blank space"? My theory is that she cant write that good songs ever since is with Joey, so he must be the one

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    It's a shame Taylor Swift is having a hard time keeping up with the quality. She really delivered with "1989", that album and pop may not be everyone's cup of tea but It was indeed a very well crafted and solid record which sounded to me like she would be going up from there but she kinda lost it instead, "Reputation" was a huge downgrade for her, I know she's still huge commercially-wise but the quality has just dropped a lot, "Reputation" was not as well received as her previous records and was the first time in years Grammys didn't kiss her ass and MTV snubbed her and then she releases this new song "ME" which is a total regression that puts her far away from any progress, the song is literal for children and kindergarden parties.

I feel like Taylor could explore more but I think there's so much pressure on her shoulder (due to the fact that she's like the biggest pop star of the last 10 years) that it makes the evolving proccess slower and traps her into this Childish Teeny Pop perfect America's Sweetheart music icon. I feel like there's a lot of fear about losing that commercial success she and her team are having.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Ohhh July will be fun

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    There won't be meltdowns over that, in fact I don't think "The Lion King" soundtrack will even count as a Beyoncé album as it'll pretty much be a "various artists" release.
    TLK soundtrack would've been massive even if Jessie J was in it instead of Beyonce.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    There won't be meltdowns over that, in fact I don't think "The Lion King" soundtrack will even count as a Beyoncé album as it'll pretty much be a "various artists" release.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
    The meltdowns when Lion King soundtrack doesn’t do half as well as ASIB soundtrack

B is the most scripted creature in the business. But self-titled is one of the greatest albums ever and shits on Orange Juice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X