X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheRealest
    replied
    Maybe weird white guys didn’t listen to her but she had quite a few (ethnic) male listeners lil sis. Anyway

Ukmix just needs more seasoning

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    She wants to look like Dua Lipa so badly...
    But MusicRecords said Celine was high energy in her performances....

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Still, many ARE accepted by the general public. Madonna, Mariah, Celine, Janet, Whitney, Kylie, Lady Gaga... they couldn't have sold millions of albums if only (gay) fans would have bought those albums.
    Madonna (when she was seen as cool) sure, Janet when R&B was at it's peak sure, Whitney and Celine surely had some family dads listening to those ballads, and Gaga was the ultimate electronic act back in late 00s, so yep. Most of them are not followed by straight guys these days tho.

As for Mariah, honestly it's hard for me to imagine a straight guy being a fan of her stuff and it doesn't mean only gay men like her, straight girls like her too but straight guys listening to Mariah? I don't want to sound sexist but that's like saying straight girls like spending hours watching soccer games or that they love fixing cars, clearly not the majority of them.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sun April 7, 2019, 13:31.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by SummerPeur View Post
    This topic
    +1
    Had never seen so many boring essays in one page

The peak of Ukmix has long passed

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    This topic

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Wanna get, get, get next to you
    Got me kinda hot
    But, I ain't sweatin' you
    Steamin' like a pot full of vegetables
    Boy, boy
    Look at me
    I know you wanna touch
    But it ain't for free
    I don't need your money
    I just want your D
    Boy, come over here with your sexy ass

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    That has nothing to do with musical quality, but with sexism in many societies, where it is perceived as feminine to listen to females. In many cases, social suicide.

I'm just saying that females have a much harder time being accepted by the general public, and the ones who are accepted are usually edgy, alternative, adult-leaning or doing "man-like" music.
    Still, many ARE accepted by the general public. Madonna, Mariah, Celine, Janet, Whitney, Kylie, Lady Gaga... they couldn't have sold millions of albums if only (gay) fans would have bought those albums.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Wait ladies and gheys, the new season of Sabrina is out

Let me strihm it real quick
    Yeah, I'm already on episode seven.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Wait ladies and gheys, the new season of Sabrina is out

Let me strihm it real quick

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
    Does anyone remember Beyoncé?? I legit wonder if she will release any new music this year

what happpened to this girl I mean.............
    Of Course, Beyoncé is one of the artists that are approved in my book and yes she has the soundtrack of "The Lion King" movie around the corner

Leave a comment:

• ForeverYoung
    replied
    Does anyone remember Beyoncé?? I legit wonder if she will release any new music this year

what happpened to this girl I mean.............

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
    Tbh, there's never really been much diversity with her. I can't imagine anyone (Britney's ultimate stans included) listening to only her for 5hrs straight
    This is actually truth (not much the diversity part since I legit think P!nk is way less diverse than her and I don't think other artists such as Mariah Carey or Celine Dion are any more or less musically diverse than her) BUT I struggle myself finding 5 straight hours listening to just Britney, there are days that I don't even listen to her.

I'm definitely more of a Rock guy and of course I do like other females but I don't know how I feel about me liking Madonna and Britney LOL. I guess its funny and it is what it is, my playlists are often very WTF because you find a bunch of rock and then a Madonna or Britney song pop out .... I always attribute it to my sexuality, I've been bisexual my whole life and I think Madonna and Britney represent that gay side in me.

I could have picked any diva so why Madonna and Britney specifically? Well, with Madonna I like her rebel attitude and her forward-thinking catalogue of Pop music, I truly think she did pop different to everyone else and she can be very Rock And Roll in her concerts and way of living .... And with Britney, I like her enigma, controversial career, her more simple musical approach and her rough-messy / less "Diva-esque" style, when the female is way too diva (let's say Mariah or Ariana type of girls) I tend to not like them. Also, when it comes to pop, more simple and casual pop music fits better with me, hence the likes of Madonba, Britney, Kylie, Rihanna, etc will cause a better effect on me than more complex vocal-run oriented divas (Celine, Whitney, Gaga, Barbra, etc).

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Britney stans hiding behind other musicians cuz they are ashamed of liking her music is so common
    Tbh, there's never really been much diversity with her. I can't imagine anyone (Britney's ultimate stans included) listening to only her for 5hrs straight

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    The thing with Divas popular on the internet... is that 99% of all pop music forum users are (a) gay.

So, of course if you'd assemble 100 gays in a room, nobody would faint over Nickelback... the (drunk) lambs would give the top less Madonna-gays a side eye & the waxed Madonna gays would make fun of the bloated intoxicated lambs...

The J.lovahs would try to cuddle up to The Minoguers so they could get closah to the waxed Madonna gays.

The butch gays would try to make Robyn happen and only talk about alleged "artsy" divas.

The Québecoises would try to be fake-cordial with everyone... and go from group to group and compliment everyone.

The Janitors would team up with the bloated lambs in order to get the Nippys on their side to throw pointless shade at the waxed ones.

The Brinty's would just stand there and look into nothingness, not knowing where they are and pretend to be just there.

The Xtine heffas would push everyone aside and act all superior.

Secretly in a room of 100 gays... it's world war III. But nobody would pretend to care for alternative rock music. Obviously, one would have those closeted "I listen to male acts" hipster gays with their cute moustaches and 2nd hand clothes et al. But the whole room would see through that. The Medonsters would probably even call them out to the discomfort of the intoxicated ones for "always wanting to be the centre of attention".

The Rhisuals would be coked out in the edge of the room. The Perrysahs would try to find a group to get a hit with. The Swifties would throw snakes at everyone which they'd carry in their Poochichas.

The Hive would swamp and sting and ultimately keep to themselves. And finally, the Monsters would ruin everything by putting on ASIB soundtrack which would kill the mood of the partay.
    Hun

In reality everyone would forgett about their faves and start an orgy instead. Rih stans would be the most desired since they are hawt and the only tops in the room

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    That has nothing to do with musical quality, but with sexism in many societies, where it is perceived as feminine to listen to females. In many cases, social suicide.

And I'm not saying the ukmix-worshipping divas are better than those acts, I'm just saying that females have a much harder time being accepted by the general public, and the ones who are accepted are usually edgy, alternative, adult-leaning or doing "man-like" music. Pop females are not accepted like male pop acts, like it is ok to admit listening to Justin Timberlake or Michael Jackson, but not to Lady Gaga or Madonna. It's the same reason why you are ashamed to admit to liking Britney Spears and try to justify it with forced arguments.
    Britney stans hiding behind other musicians cuz they are ashamed of liking her music is so common

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    The thing with Divas popular on the internet... is that 99% of all pop music forum users are (a) gay.

So, of course if you'd assemble 100 gays in a room, nobody would faint over Nickelback... the (drunk) lambs would give the top less Madonna-gays a side eye & the waxed Madonna gays would make fun of the bloated intoxicated lambs...

The J.lovahs would try to cuddle up to The Minoguers so they could get closah to the waxed Madonna gays.

The butch gays would try to make Robyn happen and only talk about alleged "artsy" divas.

The Québecoises would try to be fake-cordial with everyone... and go from group to group and compliment everyone.

The Janitors would team up with the bloated lambs in order to get the Nippys on their side to throw pointless shade at the waxed ones.

The Brinty's would just stand there and look into nothingness, not knowing where they are and pretend to be just there.

The Xtine heffas would push everyone aside and act all superior.

Secretly in a room of 100 gays... it's world war III. But nobody would pretend to care for alternative rock music. Obviously, one would have those closeted "I listen to male acts" hipster gays with their cute moustaches and 2nd hand clothes et al. But the whole room would see through that. The Medonsters would probably even call them out to the discomfort of the intoxicated ones for "always wanting to be the centre of attention".

The Rhisuals would be coked out in the edge of the room. The Perrysahs would try to find a group to get a hit with. The Swifties would throw snakes at everyone which they'd carry in their Poochichas.

The Hive would swamp and sting and ultimately keep to themselves. And finally, the Monsters would ruin everything by putting on ASIB soundtrack which would kill the mood of the partay.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    It all depends on diversity in your social environment, really. If you mostly surround yourself with straight white men aged 30-50 from South America (I guess), that MrLeonix list will totally make sense to you. And if you're surrounded by a bunch of old white gays from Europe or North America, you'll get a list with Madonna, Cher, Mariah, Celine and not much else on it. Neither will be representative of society as a whole though.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

And I'm not saying the ukmix-worshipping divas are better than those acts, I'm just saying that females have a much harder time being accepted by the general public, and the ones who are accepted are usually edgy, alternative, adult-leaning or doing "man-like" music. Pop females are not accepted like male pop acts, like it is ok to admit listening to Justin Timberlake or Michael Jackson, but not to Lady Gaga or Madonna. It's the same reason why you are ashamed to admit to liking Britney Spears and try to justify it with forced arguments.

The other day I was talking to a hardcore rap fan, and he was ashamed to admit that he loved the new Nicki Minaj album, or that he had attended a Rihanna concert.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    It's funny and ironic that the rock and alternative acts that everyone here consider dull, boring, "white str8", bad, etc are the acts that I find being liked the most in daily life by colleagues, friends, family, and people in general that I've met. . . While the divas that are loved in Ukmix (Mariah, Madonna, Gaga, Britney, Janet, etc) are the ones that cause a big turn off effect to most people I know in real life. . . Either these divas are a huge secret guilty pleasure or Ukmix is like a parallel universe
    Well the masses like average and safe music, it's a known phenomenon. You shot yourself in the foot with that argument

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    It's funny and ironic that the rock and alternative acts that everyone here consider dull, boring, "white str8", bad, etc are the acts that I find being liked the most in daily life by colleagues, friends, family, and people in general that I've met. . . While the divas that are loved in Ukmix (Mariah, Madonna, Gaga, Britney, Janet, etc) are the ones that cause a big turn off effect to most people I know in real life. . . Either these divas are a huge secret guilty pleasure or Ukmix is like a parallel universe
    I think it's some sort of parallel universe.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
    Wow what's up with Celine? She looks terribly skinny and weak but when u see videos of her she seems so high energy and completely fine...
    She wants to look like Dua Lipa so badly...

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Wow what's up with Celine? She looks terribly skinny and weak but when u see videos of her she seems so high energy and completely fine...

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    ^ OMG! Wish you had less "white str8" people in your life.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

I'm ready for summer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X