X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    omg just noticed that UKmix barely gets any new members (except for the occasional spam bot) @Wayne

I think the modivas seriously should think about ways of attracting new members instead of only focusing on keeping the dusty diva stans that are already here. Now I don't wanna brag, but I consider myself an expert on youth & what music young people listen to. Spoiler: They don't listen to yalls ashy divas.
    Who holds the record for most streams in a day tho?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Welp your loss

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought Taylor Swift is not that popular outside the USA. Maybe that explains her low streams?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I've had the site for under 2 months, give me some time - and besides Rome wasn't built in a day.

I agree there is a real need to attract new users - it will be the #1 priority for the Administrators and I in due course - for now, I'd encourage you to complete the survey if you haven't already and put forward any ideas in that.

I currently do not foresee the need for any new moderators, so I'll politely decline that rat!

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] pushing for DualMix

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    omg just noticed that UKmix barely gets any new members (except for the occasional spam bot) [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION]

I think the modivas seriously should think about ways of attracting new members instead of only focusing on keeping the dusty diva stans that are already here. Now I don't wanna brag, but I consider myself an expert on youth & what music young people listen to. Spoiler: They don't listen to yalls ashy divas.

I could help yall to attract new members and revitalise this site. Hit me up if yalls is interested. Just make me into a mod and I am on board

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    I am spending 10 days on this beautiful island that Lanzarote is and guess what...

I am cramping myself through my holidays. I don’t know if it’s the exposure to the sun, the alcohol, the food. No clue, really.

However, I am enjoying it and sending y’all besitos.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post

One of my favourite live performances of ALL-TIME - it is so damn impressive.
    Dem low notes >>>>>

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
    There's more people in my village than there are people who bought Mariah's latest flop in the UK.
    Congrats sus

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    I agree with you. That's why I said the singles surely all would be above 100m. Still not convinced about album tracks though. That's all I said and all I adressed when I said she doesn't have album tracks above 100m, which Westen implied was " easily" achieved. And that's also including Reputation which was released during streaming hey-day, I'm not trying to belittle her achievements, just presenting facts against a false statement.
    Yes, yes. But I do believe in 1989's case people would listen to the whole album a lot more because the singles were huge and it's reasonable to think people would just go for the whole album. Reputation was hit or miss type of record for most people from the very beginning. I don't find it that surprising people mostly went with singles for that one.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    I agree with you. That's why I said the singles surely all would be above 100m. Still not convinced about album tracks though. That's all I said and all I adressed when I said she doesn't have album tracks above 100m, which Westen implied was " easily" achieved. And that's also including Reputation which was released during streaming hey-day, I'm not trying to belittle her achievements, just presenting facts against a false statement.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Yes I've reasearched as well and edited it to end of 2014 instead of sometime '15. I am just wondering if album tracks would be above 100m when a single doesn't make it despite being available since June 2017. All of the single would've been above the threshhold surely though, instead of only 3. It's not like streaming was already the biggest thing in 2014/2015 when the album was big. Shake it Off and Blank Space were definitely on Spotify before being pulled though. The former had nearly 100m streams when it went back up.
    I did a bit of Googling and some of the songs on BB Year-End chart 2015 that charted lower than Blank Space are way over 500 million streams, and BS is at 178 million. So it's safe to say we can at least double, if not triple those numbers as I don't see a reason why Blank Space should do worse when it was EVERYWHERE. Shake It Off, #13 on 2014 YE, and #18 on YE 2015 is only at 277 million. That one should be over a billion if you look at the songs behind it and their streams. So 1989 was handicapped a lot by not being on streaming from the get go, even if streaming wasn't as big as it is today - it still provided big numbers.

EDIT: I think that Taylor should have an asterisk next to her pre-Reputation streaming numbers and not directly compared to anyone.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Yes I've reasearched as well and edited it to end of 2014 instead of sometime '15. I am just wondering if album tracks would be above 100m when a single doesn't make it despite being available since June 2017. All of the single would've been above the threshhold surely though, instead of only 3. It's not like streaming was already the biggest thing in 2014/2015 when the album was big. Shake it Off and Blank Space were definitely on Spotify before being pulled though. The former had nearly 100m streams when it went back up.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    All of her albums were on Spotify and the singles of 1989 until sometime 2015(I think?) Then they went back up mid 2017 with the old stream counts. They could've been some album tracks above 100m but you'll never know I guess, since even Bad Blood still doesn't have 100m streams despite being available for two years and it was a big single.. and none of Reputation made it despite being released while streaming was already much bigger.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/9/15...ments-timeline

Taylor Swift’s entire catalogue is back on Spotify. Her first four albums haven’t been available since November 2014, and her October 2014 release 1989 has never been on the service before today.
    So no, 1989 definitely suffered a lot. Reputation's reception was muted on all fronts, so no wonder that the streaming isn't stronger.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Weren't her albums unavailable up until mid 2017? At least 1989 would have a couple of album tracks over 100 million if it was available during its heyday. Even its hits are "low" (still big streaming numbers, but not as what you'd expect them to be) when you think how massive they were.
    All of her albums were on Spotify and the singles of 1989 until the end of 2014. Then they went back up mid 2017 with the old stream counts. They could've been some album tracks above 100m but you'll never know I guess, since even Bad Blood still doesn't have 100m streams despite being available for two years and it was a big single.. and none of Reputation made it despite being released while streaming was already much bigger.
    Last edited by BeeBoy; Tue March 19, 2019, 23:44.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Oh and Taylor doesn't have a single album track that's above 100m streams btw...
    Weren't her albums unavailable up until mid 2017? At least 1989 would have a couple of album tracks over 100 million if it was available during its heyday. Even its hits are "low" (still big streaming numbers, but not as what you'd expect them to be) when you think how massive they were.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen View Post
    For example Beyonce is popular right now, so people who want to stream her music on Spotify they can stream whatever the want and listen to it how many time they want to, if that happened in digital era they would've either purchased few popular songs or one album, so you get the picture hopefully.

Comparison is meaningless because album tracks by Rihanna, Taylor and Ariana can easily hit 100m streams.
    Of course it helps that she is still popular right now, but so are others. Pink, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry,Shakira all had hits in the 00s and were still popular afterwards while streaming became a thing. We were talking about past hits, and that Halo is the most streamed female song released in the 00s. Not about albums/songs released now where the standard is different. Why is comparison meaningless there? If you compare songs from different decades yes it's meaningless but not if you compare like we did. Afterwards someone said her streams are concentrated on 3/4 hits, which is also not true. That's just how it evolved. Cyndi Lauper is also not popular anymore and has two of the most streamed hits released in the 80s one nearing 300m and the other one 200 and Madonna is nowhere close despite still being much more popular, Whitney also only has one, so it's also about the songs.
    Oh and Taylor doesn't have a single album track that's above 100m streams btw...
    But I don't think this needs to be discussed further I don't want to start any fights..everyone thinks there are different reasons for the streaming numbers, that's fine but the original point still stands and that's all we were discussing initially.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

One of my favourite live performances of ALL-TIME - it is so damn impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Of course it makes sense. Songs are popular and then get streamed/bought. That's how it works, which is why I said and a circle is round.
    I don't know what you're trying to imply? People just stream her stuff to stream Beyonce and don't care which song it is?
    No it doesn't make sense. Sales and streams are totally different markets. Not to mention that streams and views can easily be manipulated by putting auto play on, or playing random playlists etc.

For example Beyonce is popular right now, so people who want to stream her music on Spotify they can stream whatever the want and listen to it how many time they want to, if that happened in digital era they would've either purchased few popular songs or one album, so you get the picture hopefully.

Comparison is meaningless because album tracks by Rihanna, Taylor and Ariana can easily hit 100m streams.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Of course it makes sense. Songs are popular and then get streamed/bought. That's how it works, which is why I said and a circle is round.
    I don't know what you're trying to imply? People just stream her stuff to stream Beyonce and don't care which song it is?

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Sales are a reflection of popularity. Oh and a circle is round. Nothing else.
    No, it makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen View Post
    Her streaming numbers are reflection of her current popularity. Nothing else.
    Sales are a reflection of popularity. Oh and a circle is round. Nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Yeah ... "people focussing on 3-4 Beyoncé songs" is not really accurate

20 songs with over 100million on Spotify
    27 music videos (as a lead artist) with over 100million views on Youtube
    3 albums with over 1Billion streams

Her streaming numbers are reflection of her current popularity. Nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• Parkelife
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
    I'm still yet to meet someone who bought 25
    There's more people in my village than there are people who bought Mariah's latest flop in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Anyone remembering this amazing song?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X