• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    The city has a population of 777,218

[MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION]?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Sea food is sooooo much better than beef I can't. Only chicken out of the Main Meat Girls is better.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Australians eat kangaroos wtf

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Kate Bush‘s THE SENSUAL WORLD (album) is superior to HOUNDS OF LOVE (album).

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied

English is a beautiful language...it only sucks when u have a weird accent.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by KokoCollino View Post
    Somebody living in Copenhagen?
    The city has a population of 777,218

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Somebody living in Copenhagen?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity View Post
    Yeah, I feel like even Touch My Body was bigger than WBT here.
    Where do you live?

Here in the Netherlands We Belong Together got to #2 and is one of her biggest hits here.
    She had #1 hits with I'll Be There and Without You and #2 with One Sweet Day.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    It's hilarious how bots know to pick an avatar so they can post.
    I know right?

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    It's hilarious how bots know to pick an avatar so they can post.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity View Post
    Yes, Touch my body felt more popular here too.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon View Post
    I remember it from 2005, but I don't think it was that popular here. I think It's Like That was bigger. Was surprised to see later how huge WBT actually was.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
    Didn't Adele outsell ha with just one album tho?
    Only Madonna sold more than Rih ;)

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by goldmoney View Post
    those types of songs don’t really make it big over there so i don’t think the good sis has a true scope of what that is. Besides, wbt is only ghetto-lite, not full-fledged. 90% of emancipation is much more ghetto. In fact, kween was actually throwing wypipo a bone because the song itself is so melodic when she could have easily sung the whole thing in ebonics and had jd do some adlibs, but since kween couldn’t afford to alienate the gp any further, she needed a mass-appeal classic to save her career.
    preach!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    She really does always slay effortlessly.

Poor others for having to try so hard, only to end up light years behind Her Excellency. The best-selling artist of the millennium did THAT.
    Didn't Adele outsell ha with just one album tho?

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Standards have always been set low for this girl. When others are running full marathons, all she needed to do was 200m
    She really does always slay effortlessly.

Poor others for having to try so hard, only to end up light years behind Her Excellency. The best-selling artist of the millennium did THAT.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    So what do you consider Ghetto? "My Neck, My Back"?
    When you listen to the type of RnB that was popular in the Ghetto in early-mid 00s (Joe Thomas, Lyfe Jennings, Jaheim, MJB, Jagged Edge etc) WBT fit perfectly into that sound. To Wypipo, it's just another RnB song but to us, this song was making us feel feels we didn't knew we could feel
    Those types of songs don’t really make it big over there so I don’t think the good sis has a true scope of what that is. Besides, WBT is only ghetto-lite, not full-fledged. 90% of Emancipation is much more ghetto. In fact, Kween was actually throwing wypipo a bone because the song itself is so melodic when she could have easily sung the whole thing in Ebonics and had JD do some adlibs, but since Kween couldn’t afford to alienate the GP any further, she needed a mass-appeal classic to save her career.
    Last edited by Goldmoney; Tue March 5, 2019, 03:20.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Congrats

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I do remember "We Belong Together" back in 2005 and the comeback aura around her, but other than that I don't recall the song being as big here as it was in the US. It did ok over here, you would listen to it here and there and it had moderate rotation on MTV (which she had barely none for her previous era "Charmbracelet") but that was it. There were WAY much bigger songs here around that time.

Back in 2005 and 2006, tracks such as "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" (Green Day), "Hips Don't Lie" (Shakira), "You're Beautiful" (James Blunt), "Hung Up" (Madonna), "Hollaback Girl" (Gwen Stefani), "SexyBack" (Justin Timberlake), "Promiscuous" (Nelly Furtado) and "Because Of You" (Kelly Clarkson) to name a few were much bigger than "We Belong Together" here in Latin America.

I was shocked when I found out it spent that many weeks at #1 in US, I can guarantee you that it didn't feel like that at all over here.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue March 5, 2019, 01:25.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    She’s just that bitch

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    In my country I think her cover of the awful I Wanna Know What Love Is was bigger than WBT.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I remember seeing it on TV in Germany when it came out.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    I remember it from 2005, but I don't think it was that popular here. I think It's Like That was bigger. Was surprised to see later how huge WBT actually was.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Am i the only one who has NEVER really heard Murriha's We Belong Together? If that song was huge it's probably a song I've heard somewhere in the background...but I can't even name any lyrics of that song...

Obviously my taste in music is beyond amazing, so if I don't recall such song it must be crap

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    We Belong Together was like a Gospel song compared to Dem chickens is ash and I'm lotion. Now that was GHETTO. Don't even get me started on Migrate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X