X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller
    Most divas, dusty or otherwise, have a general artists thread - feel free to discuss to your heart’s content in there.

Do we have a Dusty Springfield thread?

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

BEP were sooo good.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Yes, back when Gaga and Black Eyed Peas made good music mostly :(

Leave a comment:

• Crackiswack
    replied
    To think ten years ago Gaga was ruling the world alongside the Black Eyed Peas

Times have really changed. I hated those times but nostalgia makes me look back fondly at those memories.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Beyoncé isn't a good actress imo.

Gaga on the other hand will have a career like Cher & Barbra, succeeding in music & movies.
    To be fair, Beyoncé really tried to level up her acting with Caddillac Records, but it didn't really work. If I'm not mistaken, even Etta James didn't appreciate her (the way Aretha called her out when she praised Tina Turner) which is quite unfair. Maybe if she digs deeper and removes her pop star brand, she might even pull an Oprah business actress kind of credibility in the acting world, or maybe become like Mary J. Blige, who is already taken seriously as an actress now (but that takes great timing and the right choice of roles).

Beyoncé is still pretty much in the Rihanna and Justin Timberlake school of acting category. They all have the same kind of direct-to-video quality kind of movies, voice roles in animation thanks to their pop star name, they are also providers of soundtrack songs to animated films, etc.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Just stop hating and all will be well.

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied

True, guess the mods will just need to be more active in stopping that now.

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Originally posted by SummerPeur
    I guess an unpopular opinion is a random thought....
    Unpopular opinions was a fun thread when it wasn’t simply used for trolls to say whatever they wanted about artists they disliked and pass it off as a “unpopular”. It’s a pity this thread will probably follow a similar trend.

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied

I guess an unpopular opinion is a random thought....

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied

Most divas, dusty or otherwise, have a general artists thread - feel free to discuss to your heart’s content in there.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
    Unpopular Opinions was the same old talk about dusty divas anyway
    Which this thread might turn into...
    We could make this one about Dua Lipa too, you know, to just counter-balance the dusty diva talk and not for any other reason

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Originally posted by Serby
    Tbh it's okay cuz the thread was dead, and most unpopular opinions are random. I just hope that doesn't mean more diva talk here.
    The real reason they closed it was prolly cuz it was turning into a Dua Lipa talk thread
    I know. Where do her stans have to go now there is no Unpopular Thread anymore?

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
    Unpopular Opinions was the same old talk about dusty divas anyway
    Which this thread might turn into...

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Tbh it's okay cuz the thread was dead, and most unpopular opinions are random. I just hope that doesn't mean more diva talk here.
    The real reason they closed it was prolly cuz it was turning into a Dua Lipa talk thread

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Kinda disagree with this decision tbh, but don't mind it if you guys feel like it's better this way

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    RIP Unpopular Opinions

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied

RIP Unpopular Opinions

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Since Unpopular Opinions was closed: The Royal Family are still less talented and less deserving of their "success" than the Kardashians.
    Our royal family deserves every "success" they have. Queen Maxima alone is more deserving than the whole Kardashian clan.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Since Unpopular Opinions was closed: The Royal Family are still less talented and less deserving of their "success" than the Kardashians.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by hellohello
    Let's see how she will do when she plays Nala.
    umm she is just doing her voice, it's not she is dressing up as a lion and really playing her

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    Bey is a terrible actress, not even her stans can argue otherwise.
    Not if you're Hugo.

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Let's see how she will do when she plays Nala.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by hellohello
    Beyoncé isn't a good actress imo.

Gaga on the other hand will have a career like Cher & Barbra, succeeding in music & movies.
    In that case, I feel sorry for ha.
    Cher is an Oscar winner though and many consider her a legend.
    Cher picked her roles wisely. Moonstruck in particular is one of my favorite movies ever.

Bey is a terrible actress, not even her stans can argue otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Had my first ever CBD dose few hours ago and oml, this is all kinds of relieving. like, social anxiety who? Stomach pain, unease and loss of appetite whenever I go to library to study? Gone. Being extremly nervous, lacking energy and concentration while studying? Hew?

Not sure if this is first day placebo or sth but I'm honestly shook. anyone else using CBD too?
    Good to hear that did you buy it yourself or was it a prescription?

I could have needed it during the first year of my studies but I didn't know such things even existed back then :x
    I got it on my own as I know peolle whom it has helped. A bit pricey, but should last me at least 2 months unless I up my dose reaaaly a lot.

Will wait and see the results, its too early now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X