X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne
    replied
    As a reminder, I wanted feedback on the below - that seems to have been lost at the expense of singling people out. To move the issue forward, answers to the below would be helpful.

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    Allegations of poor moderation predominantly extend to this area of the forum, specifically this topic, and I don't think it's necessarily without merit - the issue is that in trying to relax the rules and allow for a more open discussion forum, we appear to be missing the mark when it comes to keeping members satisfied (at least the more vocal ones, who predominantly interact in The Lounge).

When I took over as owner of UKMIX, one of my first priorities was to relax the rules - I'm not precious over half naked men or the occasional swear word and I am strongly against permanent bans for e.g. I would also add that in the most recent Feedback Survey we had, the vast majority of feedback about moderation was very positive. Therefore, on the surface, we appear to be doing okay but if that's gone too far and we need to dial it back, then let's talk about that.

Site activity has been declining year on year, for the last 10 years - but this isn't anything new and contrary to what some might think, maintaining site activity at the expense of losing less active but more prominent community mainstays is not what I want from UKMIX. If there are moderation issues, we need to deal with them.

Now in terms of this topic. I think that the Random Thought Thread is not currently being used in its intended way and as I look back at some of the last few pages, I can definitely see why people are getting frustrated. Therefore, I'm open to some honest feedback from all - we couldn't decide as a moderation team, so what do you all think:

Questions

Should the Random Thought Thread be permanently closed?

If not, should there be clearer rules about what is posted in here?

If the Random Thought Thread was to go, what should it be replaced by?

How do we get The Lounge as a whole more active? Does the fact that it's publicly available make a difference?

Should we do something different with the Premium Members Lounge? E.g. should that be a forum open to established members only but provide a truly safe place for people to interact honestly and openly.

For the next day or so, please quit with any Random Thoughts and let's deal with the issue above - as I said, here to listen.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Goldboo brings up WBT every day and no one is upset about it. It's all good fun.
    I didn’t even have to utter a word and GOAT was brought up four times in the last two pages. Ironically, all that does is make me want to bring GOAT up even more.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    People are getting too sensitive about their faves, especially Mariah fans. I get that it might get annoying but there are people who call Ed Sheeran, Sheerat and other names for other fave artists. I take it as a joke and laugh at it.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by kweenmatherspacker View Post
    I’m more of a lurker than a poster (really just interested in chart/sales threads and used to love unpopular opinions and this one until recently) and I have to say that posters like Infamous who’s agenda is clear as day make it incredibly unpleasant. And I’m
    not saying this from a lamb’s perspective as I enjoy a little Kween shading as much as anyone, I’m saying it from a reader’s perspective. And I agree that with someone like aRat you can see it’s all in good fun with no malicious intent.

Also bring unpopular opinions back.
    Nail on the head

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    It's comments like these that leave a bad taste. You're not funny, you're rude and disrespectful.
    Anyway..I shared my opinion and made my point clear and I'll be back when stuff has been decided.
    You pretending that you are some sort of Saint has me screaming. It was literally you who ran in here with that news from billboard last week purely to bait Madonna fans and "haters" Your words. Sit down and stop acting like you're white as snow.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Guys you can simply ignore someone if you don't like his posts. Report, then don't answer back. When someone gets no reaction, it will stop at some point.
    Not liking someones post does not merit constant reporting. This is also in the rules.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    I actually think deleting the Unpopular opinion thread wasn't a good idea tbh
    Spot on. That's exactly. when the shit started to hit the fan.

Oh and yeah InFamous is trolling on a daily basis.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Sorry as long as GetFlop is able to roam this forum freely InFamous is not the troll leader. The former is just smart enough not to troll the people the Modivas stan for and go to hiding for a few weeks after a peak.
    Yes InFamous likes to bring up Mariah often but besides that I enjoy his posts. I think it's a good balance in here of people stanning and dragging her. Maybe the ignore function should be a possibilty for everyone if rules are not as strict and perma bans are not the to go to thing (which I approve of as many great posters were lost over the years). Maybe extend the feature that posts quoting the user are also not shown or something, that way people could individualize their experience to their liking. Another idea would be enabling thread bans if infractions don't help.
    Leave the good sistrens [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27834]Rihab[/MENTION] alone btw. They are a huge part of the forum and they mean no harm. They also troll Floponce on a daily basis and I see no meltdowns. Don't take everything too serious, stevyy also tells us how much better dusty men are at everything every other day and people laugh about it, Goldboo brings up WBT every day and no one is upset about it. It's all good fun.
    I actually think deleting the Unpopular opinion thread wasn't a good idea tbh, that way stuff didn't always get heated up in the same topic and different subjetcs were duscussed without getting lost in the everyday drivel of stanning

Leave a comment:

• mariahmatherspacker
    replied
    I’m more of a lurker than a poster (really just interested in chart/sales threads and used to love unpopular opinions and this one until recently) and I have to say that posters like Infamous who’s agenda is clear as day make it incredibly unpleasant. And I’m
    not saying this from a lamb’s perspective as I enjoy a little Mariah shading as much as anyone, I’m saying it from a reader’s perspective. And I agree that with someone like aRat you can see it’s all in good fun with no malicious intent.

Also bring unpopular opinions back.
    Last edited by mariahmatherspacker; Sat November 30, 2019, 12:18.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    Some of us are under 30 and enjoy fun shade here and there. We all don't spend our days drinking prune juice & watching M*A*S*H and yelling at kids. If you don't want to interact, tell the nurse to log you out
    It's comments like these that leave a bad taste. You're not funny, you're rude and disrespectful.
    Anyway..I shared my opinion and made my point clear and I'll be back when stuff has been decided.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Some of us are under 30 and enjoy fun shade here and there. We all don't spend our days drinking prune juice & watching M*A*S*H and yelling at kids. If you don't want to interact, tell the nurse to log you out
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Sat November 30, 2019, 10:26.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Ukmix has just lost someone I honestly believe was in the Top 3 members who made the biggest impact in the Random Thoughts, Unpopular Opinions and many other topics in "This & That /Lounge" section. Can we at least appreciate that for a sec. It's a little frustrating going through the Serby topic then coming here to find the usual silliness that constantly derails this topic

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Guys you can simply ignore someone if you don't like his posts. Report, then don't answer back. When someone gets no reaction, it will stop at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Beautyisbeauty
    replied
    Trolling is trolling. No matter if it is malicious or not or if you find it funny or not. Once you open that door, this happens. It's not hard to see where this down spiral started.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    You need help for your obsessive hate.
    That hejira has also been running around accusing me of being a dupe of someone called glen Marley which is completely untrue.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    You have overstayed your welcome by a year and at this point I'm totally done with it and I don't care what anyone else thinks. You are a baiting troll and nothing else. You can't fake or defend your way out of it, the evidence is spread all over the boards. You ruined multiple threads and I'm pretty sure you sat with a nice smirk in front of your computer or phone when you succeeded.
    This is all I have to say about this.
    You're taking ukmix way too serious. Relax a little bro

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    You have overstayed your welcome by a year and at this point I'm totally done with it and I don't care what anyone else thinks. You are a baiting troll and nothing else. You can't fake or defend your way out of it, the evidence is spread all over the boards. You ruined multiple threads and I'm pretty sure you sat with a nice smirk in front of your computer or phone when you succeeded.
    You need help for your obsessive hate.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    I approve the idea of that 'female artists stanning' thread. I like quite a few female musicians and have an album by Mariah Carey in my collection, but I sometimes feel a bit clueless if the only topic in this thread seems to be whether 'We Belong Together' is the greatest song on earth or not. I wonder whether there aren't any other topics that would be interesting to get discussed within this circle of people.
    Yeah, it has becme only about Mariah, and dragging each other's faves in here imho

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Talk about displaying classic clique mentality and trying to force your opinions on others.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I'm with [MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION] and so should anyone else be. Some of ya'll are so blind.
    Talk about displaying classic clique mentality and trying to force your opinions on others.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    I'm with [MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION] and so should anyone else be. Some of ya'll are so blind.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    I'm not planning to expose my breast.
    Thank you, I needed this laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    ^^bgfdxfghcg. Not today

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

Some of y'all giving these trolls their Superbowl moment, hoping you realize that.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    [MENTION=27834]Rihab[/MENTION] I don't think of you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X