This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Serby
    Read about him in the newspapers today.Spanish, his tan, eyes, body, 'underwear'. Ay mami siiiiiiiii
    i think i'm in love.
    My Chart

Comment

• Not trying to be shady here, but I'm genuinely curious about what it is people love so much about Barbra?

I must say I'm not very familiar with her discography, and maybe that's why I'm missing something. To me, she hits the notes with great precision, but her tone is so colourless and I don't hear a great amount of power or projection in her voice? I'm genuinely curious, because obviously she is very well celebrated and much loved, so I'd like to know what I'm missing. If anyone has a link to a particularly special vocal performance for example, I'd love to check it out.
      Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
        Originally posted by Serby
        Read about him in the newspapers today.Spanish, his tan, eyes, body, 'underwear'. Ay mami siiiiiiiii
        i think i'm in love.
        Same sistrens, same

Comment

• I'd like to drink his milk

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon
            there is too much new albums coming out lately and I don't have the time to focus on each oneeee. and the year-end charts will start soon and I still don't know how I feel about half of them
            Right? I know it's because they all want to take advantage of teh holiday rush, but you know, if they weren't trying so hard to make bank now, they might actually do better in a time of year with less competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
              I'd like to drink his milk
              But you locked and created a new Mariah thread for a comment that was just like this one.
              Please Stop the Music

Comment

• Originally posted by CelinetoBarbra
                Originally posted by biscuits
                Originally posted by Nippian93
                Originally posted by Taurus
                alfie with Cher
                Wayne with Celine

but who in the world stans Barbra? I cant even fathom. I have trouble believing Celine has stans let alone Barbra
                A Celine & Barbra stan we were talking about is CelinetoBarbra, not Wayne.
                No love
                As for Barbra stan?
                Her peer stan:
                In the 26th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in New York City, March 14, 2011,While inducting Neil Diamond, Paul Simon posited a theory for why the Rock Hall had waited twenty years past Diamond's point of eligibility (which would have been in 1991, 25 years after the release of "Cherry, Cherry" in 1966). "Six words. 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore,' " said Simon. "A really beautiful love song sung with one of the greatest voices of the twentieth century, Barbra Streisand. Unfortunately, if it's Barbra Streisand, I'm afraid it's not rock and roll. Not even close. Which is a tough break for Neil, because Barbra doesn't care. She's got Oscars and all that stuff.
                And Diamond responded;“ I don't give a shit. I still would sing that song with Barbra. She's the greatest, and guess what? She doesn't give a shit either."
                http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... y-20110315
                http://www.vulture.com/2011/03/tom_wait ... dward.html

Dolly Parton once noted, famously, that there were just three real female singers around—Barbra Streisand, Linda Ronstadt, and Connie Smith. "The rest of us," she said, "are only pretending."
                https://www.baidu.com/link?url=vZwC9-Pt ... 065811ecc0

Donna Summer said this: “Richard, I don’t think anyone will ever quite understand the overwhelming talent, the breath control, the power, the genius that makes Barbra, Barbra. People can call her a legend or a superstar and all of that, but it somehow falls way short. What Barbra Streisand represents is simply the very best we have ever seen. Ever.
                http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-p ... 47900.html

Wonder played piano and harmonica on “People,” accompanied by trumpeter Arturo Sandoval.
                “I want you to know when I was 12 years old, I said, ‘I wish she could be my girlfriend because she sounds so good,’” Wonder told more than 2,000 guests.
                https://www.accesshollywood.com/article ... ute-96922/
                Juniors?
                I remember when I first met him and he told me Barbra Streisand actually sang to him and I was jealous on so many levels. Like 1, I never even met Barbra and she sang to him and I used to sing with her so much when I was little and she didn't even know.
                http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... reddit-ama
                “I stayed at the pyramid, just after it opened. The Luxor? Is that it? I stayed there to see Barbra Streisand at the MGM Grand,” Lauper says, referring to Streisand’s New Year’s Eve show in 1993. “I was here for that, to see her, and it was a big thrill because I’m such a huge fan of hers, ever since I was little.”
                Lauper is reminded about Streisand’s opening performance at the International in 1969, another landmark resort and memorable moment in the city’s history.
                “That’s when she had the long hair and that great eyeliner,” Lauper says. “I was so close to her then, you don’t even know. Neither does she. I sang with her every single day, when I was 9. I used to imitate her, every single day.”
                http://lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-repor ... ace-vegas/

Jennifer Aniston told the 69-year-old entertainer that she loved her, and Pinto said on stage that “sharing the same oxygen” as Streisand was an incredible birthday gift. The actress turns 27 Tuesday.
                “You’re a legend not only in Hollywood but literally all over the world,” the “Slumdog Millionaire” star told Streisand. “I can say that because I come from India.”
                http://www.accesshollywood.com/barbra-s ... k4ll8Mv.99

Julia Roberts:
                http://www.aboutjulia.com/juliaimages/d ... &pid=11706
                "Really,I wouldn't have a career if it weren't for someone like her(Barbra)"

you proved their point.
                Please Stop the Music

Comment

• ^ As expected , I do not think it has ever failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crackiswack
                    But you locked and created a new Mariah thread for a comment that was just like this one.
                    Did you watch the video? His milk looks yummy

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                      Originally posted by Crackiswack
                      Did you watch the video? His milk looks yummy
                      Mmm let's try your milk first
                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by Airwrecka
                        Not trying to be shady here, but I'm genuinely curious about what it is people love so much about Barbra?

I must say I'm not very familiar with her discography, and maybe that's why I'm missing something. To me, she hits the notes with great precision, but her tone is so colourless and I don't hear a great amount of power or projection in her voice? I'm genuinely curious, because obviously she is very well celebrated and much loved, so I'd like to know what I'm missing. If anyone has a link to a particularly special vocal performance for example, I'd love to check it out.
                        This guy does a great job of highlighting Babs's strengths. Some of my favourites from her are:

Memory (I can't imagine anyone else singing this; also, it's so relaxing)
                        Don't Rain on My Parade (this one addresses the emotiveness the above-linked guy wrote about)
                        Woman in Love (simple, straightforward, perhaps her most accessible song for pop fans, though you've probably already heard it)
                        When In Rome (I Do as the Romans Do) (I get where you were coming from with her 'colourless' tone, but I think it depends on the song she's singing; you can clearly 'hear the colour' here)
                        Come to the Supermarket (In Old Peking) (another display of her unparalleled breath control; however she manages to fit so many words into less than two minutes is beyond me)

Personally, I enjoy the theatricality of her music, as well as the technical perfection that is her voice. Most of her music isn't contemporary, but almost everything she touches has this classic sound to it and that resonates with an awful lot of people. Also, someone mentioned a few weeks back that, unlike Cher, she's pretty much worn the same hat for the last 50 years, so I'm sure fans love the reliability of knowing that you can close your eyes and pick any one of her 986 albums at random and be blessed with the same listening experience (for the most part).
                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Heat Waves
                        AlbumClash 2.0: [ABBA vs. Imagine Dragons]

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

• BStreisandFan

Comment

• Joanne just proved to me that it's possible to love an album by an artist i dislike big time.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• It's just some of the after effects of being a former Maddy stan

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                ^why'd ya dislike Gagz big time? (not being a defensive stan, don't really care for Gaga either tbh, just curious )
                                Her personality puts me off. It's not only about Madonna. I liked her a lot in the beginning, she was a breathe of fresh air. I still enjoy her music but i see her as a freak these days.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                                  Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                  ^why'd ya dislike Gagz big time? (not being a defensive stan, don't really care for Gaga either tbh, just curious )
                                  Her personality puts me off. It's not only about Madonna. I liked her a lot in the beginning, she was a breathe of fresh air. I still enjoy her music but i see her as a freak these days.
                                  I am glad she is less wannabe a freak these days than she used to be, the current era seems more focused about music, the most important thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93
                                    Originally posted by spiritboy
                                    Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                    I am glad she is less wannabe a freak these days than she used to be, the current era seems more focused about music, the most important thing.
                                    The only thing different is her over the top costumes. Other than that, she's still the same imo. It was painful to watch Carpool Karaoke with all her "theatrical mimics" and all
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I think she's hilarious!

Comment

• It's all going off for Mimi this week. First she cancels her South American tour 72 hours before it was scheduled to start, then her engagement is called off. Some say it's because she was spending too much of his moneys, others say it's because he was pissed off with her E! reality show, and others say it's because he didn't like her getting close to one of her dancers.

But now, apparently something happened in Greece where he did something so bad, and that's what caused her to call off the tour. So now she wants $50,000,000 from him. Plus the E! reality show is in jeopardy.

All such a mess. And to top it off, she wore this ensemble yesterday

What a dramatic week for the lambs!

Comment

• ^^ all that promo, more than during the whole MIAM...TEC era!
                                          Floped and localed

Comment

• The Mariah thread...Oh dear

Comment

• I'm so here for the DRAWMA. I need that reality show and I need her to fvkcin STIR DAT POT.

Comment

• I hate how fast rumors can spread. Its sad how on facebook, people believe every rumor out there.
                                                Diva!!!

Comment

• Worst photo I ever saw - puts me right off meat.

Comment

• If you scroll down quickly, there's a rather alarming resemblance between the Mariah pic and the meat pic.
                                                    Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

Comment

Working...
                                                    X