Clear All

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Oh gosh what did I start

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    I think we can't really understand it unless we feel it ourselves and since it doesn't harm anyone else & as long as they feel happier after the procedure then there is nothing wrong with it.
    I think you've put this correctly. But it's not true that there is nothing wrong with it. It leads to sterility if done throughout the teenage years, and it further increases certain cancer risks and heart conditions. All for what? And in many cases people are still suicidal and unhappy with themselves. And there is a big portion of people detransitioning, and unfortunately studies on detransitioners have been prohibited from advancing. Transitioning is absolutely horrible. Those hormones do not belong into their bodies.

I don't believe anyone is born into the wrong body, and there is no evidence that they are (rather yet that brains suffer changes after transition). I believe people should embrace their bodies, and not a poorer version of yourself. This seems the only humane thing to do.

For some reason people condemn "I identify as a black person" or"I identify as a cat", which exists, but identifying as a different body (which is translated into sex) is ok.

I'm sorry. I am a scientist and I can't simply accept things that make no sense and which are not backed by evidence, but simply because people say so. I believe that these people would be much better with therapy and with a society open to diversity and not two closed boxes which are male and female, and if I don't feel male then I must be female.

There are many many many layers to this. Yet, we should all agree people should be happy with themselves and comfortable in their bodies.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    What is being born with the wrong gender, if gender is something made up by society?
    I am far from ebing an expert regarding trans issues but I guess they feel like they were born in the wrong sex, i.e. they were born as a male with male genitalia and body structure but internally they feel like they should have been a female with a vagina & female body structure and vice versa.

I think we can't really understand it unless we feel it ourselves and since it doesn't harm anyone else & as long as they feel happier after the procedure then there is nothing wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    What is being born with the wrong gender, if gender is something made up by society?
    Hm. I guess I understood your comment the wrong way. Yes, you're right, gender is something made up by society so there shouldn't be a 'born with the wrong gender', that's true. But I could replace the word 'gender' with 'body' in my post and it still stands. So if a man is born in the wrong body... why is the society to blame for them to reject their bodies?

Anyways, this is a topic we could discuss for days. And I'm already reaching my limits with my english skills

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    I hate that. These people are the reason why there are still so many people against the LGBTQ+ community.
    The problem is society is making these people reject their bodies and feel like they should be something else. When in reality, these people should be learning how it's fine to be different from the majority, and that doesn't mean you are something else than yourself. Nothing will change who or what you are, and you should love that.
    The whole transgender movement is a huge mistep in making people accept one another. Men don't have to be tough and can dress in pink, use skirts, makeup or whatever if that's what they want. Because DNA makes them a man, not what they do and think, although that is influenced by it, of course.
    I don't really see what this has to do with my comment?
    I meant that because of these people who get angry so fast about things like this and react the way she (or he) does, people still don't accept the LGBTQ+ community or take them seriously. I mean, there are more people laughing at this now and they think again what 'weirdos' we are etc.

I don't see how the 'whole transgender movement' is a huge mistep but I think I get part of your point. However, there are people who really are born with the wrong gender and they know and feel it since they're very young, so it should be absolutely normal for them to go from man to woman or vice versa. However, there are also men who like to 'Dress in pink, use skirts, makeup or whatever' as you say and I agree that it should be normal for them to do so as well and they (and everyone else) should accept it (and they usually do, the public doesn't).

There's a difference in people who 'dress in pink' etc (lol) and people who are born with the wrong gender.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied

I would agree with the proposition that children that feel trans should not be encouraged and should be sent for serious psychotherapy. No loving parent ever would accept without a second thought a future for his/her child involving major operations from young age and life-long administration of serious drugs. A parent who does so (I am thinking about those parents raising trans primary school children I saw in youtube) should be locked up and have their children removed IMO.

That said full respect and support to all trans people cause they don't have it easy. But because of the major operations involved they should NOT have it easy IMO

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    You are talking about gender roles there. Just because some are fine with being male and not fit into what we see a male, doesnt mean its the same for others.

I am not the best to talk about the issue tho, there's surely someone who can back it all up by extensive scientific works.
    Gender roles which people confuse with sexual identity. Or else this would be a non issue.
    I'm sorry but
    "Just because some are fine with being male and not fit into what we see a male, doesnt mean its the same for others."
    Can you define what being a male is, please? What is "I'm not fine being a male"? Is that "I don't like my body and my DNA" or "I don't like to do what most men do"?

I guess I am transphobe by definition, as I am against transsexualism and view it as an attack on people's integrity and body, even more so when people are young. I am pro-acceptance of who you are, embrace your sex and sexuality and be comfortable in your skin and mind. If you don't like your body, for whatever reason, you need therapy. Like anorectic people need therapy because they feel ashamed of their bodies.

I feel so sorry for the struggle of transgender people, as it is a real issue. But the issue is not regarding their sex, which is fixed at born, but rather about diversity of behaviours people should be able to healthily showcase while being ok with who they are. What makes me a man is my body and not what I decide to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

You are talking about gender roles there. Just because some are fine with being male and not fit into what we see a male, doesnt mean its the same for others.

I am not the best to talk about the issue tho, there's surely someone who can back it all up by extensive scientific works.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    Wishing you all the best, Christina!

Originally posted by MusicRecords
    *manly voice* I'm gonna ask you to stop calling me a man, because clearly I am not.....uuughhhh! uuuughhH!!
    Like... I'm not sure if this video is fake, but in any case it's pretty self explanatory.
    I hate that. These people are the reason why there are still so many people against the LGBTQ+ community.
    The problem is society is making these people reject their bodies and feel like they should be something else. When in reality, these people should be learning how it's fine to be different from the majority, and that doesn't mean you are something else than yourself. Nothing will change who or what you are, and you should love that.
    The whole transgender movement is a huge mistep in making people accept one another. Men don't have to be tough and can dress in pink, use skirts, makeup or whatever if that's what they want. Because DNA makes them a man, not what they do and think, although that is influenced by it, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Wishing you all the best, Christina!

*manly voice* I'm gonna ask you to stop calling me a man, because clearly I am not.....uuughhhh! uuuughhH!!
    Like... I'm not sure if this video is fake, but in any case it's pretty self explanatory.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Sorry to hear that Xtinamuse, wish you the best! Keep us updated if you want to.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied

Stay strong Christina.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Christinamuse
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Today was not really great day, I've made a CT scan and they detected benign tumor in my ear, but thanks God, it's not the dangerous tumor, so will go to the oncologist tomorrow for consulting and will decide what to do next. Most of all I've been afraid that I can loose my hearing and loose the opportunity to sing, because not to sing for me is like not to live, not to breathe. But I think everything will be great.
    So sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out OK and that you won't have any problems with your hearing. stay strong!
    Thank you, dear! I never give up, I've learnt from my uncle think positively, who even in his 3th stage of cancer called me and when I asked him about his health, he told me that everything is great, I will sell my car soon and will live in the village around the nature..
    Actually I most worry 'bout my mother, not 'bout myself, because she always torment herself if there're any problems with me. But everything will be great, I'm sure.
    Stay strong.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Piers Morgan needs to be off TV*. And same for that random peter man
    *and Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• Christinamuse
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Today was not really great day, I've made a CT scan and they detected benign tumor in my ear, but thanks God, it's not the dangerous tumor, so will go to the oncologist tomorrow for consulting and will decide what to do next. Most of all I've been afraid that I can loose my hearing and loose the opportunity to sing, because not to sing for me is like not to live, not to breathe. But I think everything will be great.
    So sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out OK and that you won't have any problems with your hearing. stay strong!
    Thank you, dear! I never give up, I've learnt from my uncle think positively, who even in his 3th stage of cancer called me and when I asked him about his health, he told me that everything is great, I will sell my car soon and will live in the village around the nature..
    Actually I most worry 'bout my mother, not 'bout myself, because she always torment herself if there're any problems with me. But everything will be great, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Today was not really great day, I've made a CT scan and they detected benign tumor in my ear, but thanks God, it's not the dangerous tumor, so will go the oncologist tomorrow for consulting and will decide what to do next. Most of all I've been afraid that I can loose my hearing and loose the opportunity to sing, because not to sing for me is like not to live, not to breathe. But I think everything will be great.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Hes the worst example of man on TV
    You mean the best, by his own definition of what being a man is. even though he likes to call him self a feminist lmao I feel pity for anyone working with him and especially that gorgeous and nice woman next to him.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

Hes the worst example of man on TV

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Piers Morgan needs to be off TV. And same for that random peter man
    He should come with a trigger warning before airing up. I literally start hissing at the screen and want to punxh him thru it. He doesn't let people talk, interrupts everyone (women especially), is ready to stick to a single detail and ignore absolutely everything else, acts like a spoiled kid and kinda doesn't make sense at all.

And the vegan sausage rolls from Gregg's - the way he overreacted is pathetic. maybe he's not dumb and is doing it for publicity only?

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied

[youtube:3i1ca4hu]XBQBEBOfE0o[/youtube:3i1ca4hu]

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

Piers Morgan needs to be off TV. And same for that random peter man

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

My problem with the Gillette ad is....where were the razors and hot shirtless guys shaving?

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
    This Gillette thing sure has got people talking which is good, Im glad there is a bit of a backlash about it though to be honest

This discussion has some differing views, naturally I lean towards Peter and Piers (and Im hit and miss with him). It really does divide opinion and people are seeing it from different angles.

[youtube:3no92h52]vTyczkAkM2Y[/youtube:3no92h52]
    Which part exactly do you see problematic with the ad? Do you think there is a wrong way to see things see and do you think this ad had a clear message, and which one was it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X