X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christinamuse
    replied
    Today was not really great day, I've made a CT scan and they detected benign tumor in my ear, but thanks God, it's not the dangerous tumor, so will go the oncologist tomorrow for consulting and will decide what to do next. Most of all I've been afraid that I can loose my hearing and loose the opportunity to sing, because not to sing for me is like not to live, not to breathe. But I think everything will be great.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    It’s a little try-hard, almost like that Kylie Jenner pepsi commercial. But no reason to get mad.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    This Gillette thing sure has got people talking which is good, I’m glad there is a bit of a backlash about it though to be honest

This discussion has some differing views, naturally I lean towards Peter and Piers (and I’m hit and miss with him). It really does divide opinion and people are seeing it from different angles.

[youtube:2gvbyr8k]vTyczkAkM2Y[/youtube:2gvbyr8k]

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    Has anyone of you a recommendation for a Website or app to learn foreign languages, in my particular case spanish? I already know stuff from school but it got worse over the years, so not a beginner but less than advanced
    Duolingo and Memrise, two apps I know of.
    I prefer Memrise by a mile! You can also opt for European Spanish or SA (Mexico based) one. With native pronunciation and all. Great eay to build a solid vocabulary.
    Thank you by the way. Totally forgot I asked this

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Companies are gonna make money one way or another, so in that case it might as well be while promoting something postive imo.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    I don’t even understand what so “wrong” with that video
    Hate to use the word, but it's cuz we are noraml or at least what normal should be. people getting all bothered by the video are those that are criticised by it, simple as that. Crybabies lol
    Actually the idea that sexual harassment could become the latest background for promoting a commercial company such as gillete is pretty offensive if you ask me...

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Hate to use the word, but it's cuz we are noraml or at least what normal should be. people getting all bothered by the video are those that are criticised by it, simple as that. Crybabies lol

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    This bedroom pop thing even reached Russia.

''I dreamed of Paris, you bought me a croissant''.
    [youtube:2gt2wy7g]XXxy4TGtrdw[/youtube:2gt2wy7g]

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    BB 200 chart is a big joke. #1 album is predicted to sell less than 1k.
    It's really weird indeed. There are weeks when the NZ No. 1 sells more than that - in a country with 4 mio. inhabitants. The US would profit from a revenue-based chart like in Germany: That would give a more realistic picture of what album is actually popular at the moment. In most weeks however, the German No. 1 is usually also at least in the top 3 among the bestsellers of the week, so there is hardly the discrepancy of an album selling close to nothing but doing well on streaming like in the US. Might have to do with the fact that in the GAS-countries, hip hop albums (the genre that is very streaming-driven in the US) sell a great share of their totals through physical representation because many rappers release special boxes and deluxe editions. Their fans love to collect those special releases and due to their higher price, they also have a higher chance to chart high (due to the chart being revenue-based).

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Anti-bullying, #metoo - those kinds of things threaten that power, and so they try to find ways to demonize those types of movements to keep the status quo.
    Whilst those issues are rightfully tackled, I feel like the real threat to the status quo controlled by big businesses and corporations is higher taxes, Green economics and the provision of equal opportunity, healthcare and education.
    Corporations are willing to neglect the business ethics and give the power to the extreme right wingers for a small exchange of lower taxes and subsequently earning more money. They can make pretty ads, talk the good talk, but whether those companies practice what they preach is a whole different story.

Leave a comment:

• urbanmusik
    replied
    I was expecting something more before I watched that video before I watched it, not sure why so many people are offended by it. The comments section is a nasty mix of try-hard forced humour, insecurity and stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    BB 200 chart is a big joke. #1 album is predicted to sell less than 1k.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    "Christ, it even pathologizes the normal rough and tumble play of young boys. This attitude has infected the educational system as well with girls behaviour being viewed as the standard by which boys behaviour is measured. Shameful.?"
    "if the Boys of today, take this Commercial seriously. They will be the women of tomorrow.?"
    "You can delete comments and likes all you want, but you can't delete the truth or the loss of sales from any self-respecting man."
    "I feel genuinely sick that a company with this kind of voice is promoting such hatred of masculinity?"
    "Looks like your ad failed miserably. You sell razors, not justice".?
    "Toxic masculinity? 43% boys are raised by single women. 78% of teachers are female. So almost half of the boys have 100% female influence at home, and 80% influence at school. Toxic masculinity is not the problem. Lack of masculinity is."?
    “Because the boys watching this video today won’t be the men of tomorrow... they’ll be the soyboy snowflakes you’ll be too embarrassed to call your son!”?
    And the list goes on, yesterday was even worse but they keep deleting hate comments and dislikes, it would easily be at over 1 million by now. Imagine being this dense and those masses that are TRIGGERED make me sick.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    It's about power - it always is. And those on the top end of a power dynamic are insecure about any potential to lose that power. Anti-bullying, #metoo - those kinds of things threaten that power, and so they try to find ways to demonize those types of movements to keep the status quo.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    Reading the YouTube comment section truly disgusted me yesterday worse than it already is usually. All this idiots thinking this is about hating men in general are either the ones the ad is talking about or they have 3 brain cells
    Easily the stupidest thing I’ve read: “This ad isn't just sexist against men.. It's racist against white men... How can you be so blatantly sexist/racist in an ad..? This is literally satanism. The role of reversals. They are creating chaos by flipping everything upside down. It's just in preparation of the anti-christ system.?”

The clock tho: “Dude, there is no such thing as “being racist to white people” or “sexist to men”. When oppression hits back it’s just a consequence of racism/sexism, it’s not “reverse racism” or “reverse sexism”. Just shut up and listen to what they have to say, it’s their turn.”

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Love this, wish more popular latin songs were like this.
    nothing really happens in this one, the song is not bad, but quite plain

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    ^ thx hun

how some people can have a problem with a simple video that promotes compassion and empathy is beyond me.
    Men can be so threatened.
    Wait, sorry, heterosexual men.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    [youtube:p33taag2]H0x36aoBc7M[/youtube:p33taag2]

Love this, wish more popular latin songs were like this.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

^ thx hun

how some people can have a problem with a simple video that promotes compassion and empathy is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    wait what Gillete ad?
    [youtube:2rafjuca]koPmuEyP3a0[/youtube:2rafjuca]

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481
    France Gall was hardly a popstitute.
    Serge Gainsbourg made all one of the first producers that adviced his female proteges to sing songs with sexual context and dress playfully.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

wait what Gillete ad?

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Reading the YouTube comment section truly disgusted me yesterday worse than it already is usually. All this idiots thinking this is about hating men in general are either the ones the ad is talking about or they have 3 brain cells

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Can qe talk about that Gillete ad? I'm hollerung at all the butthurt men who can't grasp that being masculine doesn't have to mean being an asshole. So blind to the fact that how we currently define masculinity comes with so many things that deserve to be a thing of past.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X