X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Earthlings, narrated by my man, Joaquin. When I first watched it , I had to puke for an hour.
    I can't watch it. It's too awful.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Earthlings, narrated by my man, Joaquin. When I first watched it , I had to puke for an hour.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Serby, did you see this? Is this why you are vegan?

[youtube:phtmhfbs]BrlBSuuy50Y[/youtube:phtmhfbs]

Leave a comment:

• navi
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Any Joe Dassin fans here? His voice is so soothing and his songs Et Si Tu N'exitais Pas and L'été Indien are two of the best French songs ever.
    semi fan here
    did you know that L'été Indien is not the original, but a cover of Africa from
    italian band Albatross, sung in english and co-written by Toto Cutugno

ps. for the record, Joe Dassin version has a completely new lyrics

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Zeus is much cooler, hotter and more interesting that the prudeish dictator abrahamic god.

Not to mention he had a very... uhm interesting and varied sex life. We love a non judmental god who made love to anyone and anything (literally)

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied

Guys, what’s the best app for my iPad to learn the piano. Have basic knowledge from being a kid.
    Simply Piano seems good. Only heard about Yousician.

Anyone else maybe? Any experience with the above apps?

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie
    I'm thinking of hosting a new season of The Song Collectors... anyone interested in participating?
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Any Joe Dassin fans here? His voice is so soothing and his songs Et Si Tu N'exitais Pas and L'été Indien are two of the best French songs ever.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie
    I'm thinking of hosting a new season of The Song Collectors... anyone interested in participating?
    I think I'd enjoy being a judge if you're looking for a judge - always interested in discovering new music.

Might be worth opening a new topic and gauging interest specifically as many people won't see this here.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Do you think R Kelly controversy will effect Gaga's chances to be nominated?
    No, but she's less likely to win the thing.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I don't think it will. It has nothing to do with the movie.
    And the voters are not teenagers posting on Instagram.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    [tweet:23hyo1uf]https://twitter.com/lgbtvelour/status/844580735881236482[/tweet:23hyo1uf]

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied

Do you want more material possessions, ain’t nothing
    Do want more, can you commit to be my everything?
    Do you want more? Baby convince me with the words you sing
    If you wanna be more to me, you must proceed with caution
    Caution, caution, caution
    Caution, caution, caution
    Caution, caution, yeah
    Proceed with caution

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    No Angels were the perfect girlband. It's a pity that their comeback in the late 00s kind of failed - the problem, imo, was that the material was way too weak. A big comeback can only work if you show a totally different musical side of yours and that's just what the people wanna hear from you at the moment (see Sarah Connor's German album) or you pick up where you left but do it even 3 times better. In No Angels' case, neither 'Destiny' nor 'Welcome to the Dance' contained any material that left a 'WOW' effect - miles away from their signature hits.
    Besides, I always feel like girl- and boybands tend to see their job as 'a side project we do for a few years'. Therefore, as soon as any trouble occurs (which happens in every job), many bands immediately think that it's time to call it quits - instead of seeing it as a challenge that needs to be overcome and that serve as a common memory that ends up strengthening the work within the team. In the case of No Angels: Each one could have had their little solo moments, but they could still be where they used to be if they believed in the band and always put it first instead of thinking that their personal brand was bigger than the band's. In 80% of all girl- and boybands, this ego trip is bound to fail eventually. See the Sugababes: They used to be so successful for a while, but let their egos destroy the band. Where are the members now? Doing radio and reality TV shows - yes, that break up was sooo worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by Luminator
    Originally posted by aRat
    Originally posted by Erotica
    Monrose and No Angels were great.
    No Angels were meh IMO and kinda looked like soccer moms in mid life crisis trying to become popstars
    Noooo! :( They were THE thing in my early school days. Everybody (and their moms) loved them. Plus, they were sooo huge, collecting endless hits over three years.

Who 20 to 40 year-old German doesn't love their classic hits like "Daylight", "There Must Be An Angel", "Something About Us" or "Still in Love With You" (only blocked by the walking dead Grönemeyer)). And they also had the talent with Vanessa being a true songwriter.

fun fact: The original member Nadja was part of Mariah's background choir in Berlin just last December.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Luminator

fun fact: The original member Nadja was part of Mariah's background choir in Berlin just last December.
    That was really astonishing to see... especially after the AIDS scandal. I was always rooting for her. I still am. She still looks amazing.

The No Angels have a special place in my heart. I wish they would come back.

Leave a comment:

• Luminator
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    No Angels were meh IMO and kinda looked like soccer moms in mid life crisis trying to become popstars
    Noooo! :( They were THE thing in my early school days. Everybody (and their moms) loved them. Plus, they were sooo huge, collecting endless hits over three years.

Who 20 to 40 year-old German doesn't love their classic hits like "Daylight", "There Must Be An Angel", "Something About Us" or "Still in Love With You" (only blocked by the walking dead Grönemeyer)). And they also had the talent with Vanessa being a true songwriter.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Originally posted by cheapthrills
    I just realized your avi is Joaquin Phoenix and not yourself
    I thought it was Robbie Williams.
    my celebrity husbands :: alltime

1. Robbie Williams
    [spoiler:pwu0wgud]2. Joaquin Phonix
    3. Juan Martin Del Petro
    4. Sam Worthington
    5. Chris Pine
    6. Armie Hammer
    7. Paul Rudd
    8. Charlie Cox
    9. Ryan Reynolds
    10. David Giuntoli
    11. Tom Ellis
    12. Tom Mison[/spoiler:pwu0wgud]

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills
    I just realized your avi is Joaquin Phoenix and not yourself
    I thought it was Robbie Williams.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    The entire Strictly Physical album bops.

Golden >>>>>>>
    What You Don't Know >>>>>>>
    Leading Me On >>>>>>>>
    Rebound >>>>>>>>>

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy
    [youtube:2zx3ptbk]GDbUqDGGtl8[/youtube:2zx3ptbk]
    Germany's last good Girl Group
    Yeah Truth Qualitea.

Strictly Physical & What You Don't Know are utter bops