• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Originally posted by stevyy
    i don't know any...

its either old dudes aka rock legends and the members despise anyone born post 1950. or it is all females + bieber who despise anyone born prior to 2006.
    oh god yes. The Steve Hoffman forum is the worst, I joined there for a place to discuss more rock/male music and the majority of the posters there think that the day the Beatles announced their breakup was "the day the music died". Its guys in their 60s and a warped idea of time.... (aka... Beyonce is a "teen artist", U2 are that rock band all the millennial kids listen to, Michael never made a great record, Madonna is still a young hack, Springsteen hasn't been around long enough [only 45 years lol] to truly be considered a legend). The place is almost worth going to just for the shits and giggles of it. I remember when Prince died, some posters there were "I know this is a really sad day for 20-somethings but he never meant anything to me, I was listening to Dylan instead of that Purple Rain nonsense". Because as we all know, todays 20-somethings were rocking out to Purple Rain in 1984
    We should all head on over there. Or at least redirect our own banned members there, like Kushi, Alexz, Timmy and Bney.
    That place is actually really fun for the trainwreck value. If you think the Mariah, Britney, Bey, Rih, Gaga, Madge, etc... fans are bad, wait until you meet the 65 year old Beatles fanatics, they could give any lamb, monster or hive member a run
    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
      Originally posted by biscuits
      i don't know any...

its either old dudes aka rock legends and the members despise anyone born post 1950. or it is all females + bieber who despise anyone born prior to 2006.
      oh god yes. The Steve Hoffman forum is the worst, I joined there for a place to discuss more rock/male music and the majority of the posters there think that the day the Beatles announced their breakup was "the day the music died". Its guys in their 60s and a warped idea of time.... (aka... Beyonce is a "teen artist", U2 are that rock band all the millennial kids listen to, Michael never made a great record, Madonna is still a young hack, Springsteen hasn't been around long enough [only 45 years lol] to truly be considered a legend). The place is almost worth going to just for the shits and giggles of it. I remember when Prince died, some posters there were "I know this is a really sad day for 20-somethings but he never meant anything to me, I was listening to Dylan instead of that Purple Rain nonsense". Because as we all know, todays 20-somethings were rocking out to Purple Rain in 1984
      We should all head on over there. Or at least redirect our own banned members there, like Kushi, Alexz, Timmy and Bney.
      That place is actually really fun for the trainwreck value. If you think the Mariah, Britney, Bey, Rih, Gaga, Madge, etc... fans are bad, wait until you meet the 65 year old Beatles fanatics, they could give any lamb, monster or hive member a run

Not only that, all the rationalizing is great too. They think Paul has dementia there because there's no way their idol would actually *like* Kanye and want to work with him, because they hate any artist born after 1950

Comment

• Speaking of the older rock crowd, I've noticed that they appreciate and even like 'Control' and 'Rhythm Nation 1814'. Just makes me wish I lived through those eras even more, knowing she could win over the alternative crowd with pop records.

Comment

Speaking of the older rock crowd, I've noticed that they appreciate and even like 'Control' and 'Rhythm Nation 1814'. Just makes me wish I lived through those eras even more, knowing she could win over the alternative crowd with pop records.
          Really? I've never noticed anyone that wasn't either an American R&B lover or a pop follower liking her to be honest.

The mainstream pop divas that at some point gained the closest to some appreciation by alternative / rock audience or had a mini cross-over in that world were Madonna with "Ray of light" and recently Beyonce with "Lemonade".
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• You have to look beyond UKMIX

Comment

You have to look beyond UKMIX
              Actually I do, and those albums that I mentioned were quite embraced by different audiences when they came up and did many critics and alternative lists, and it was a time when people that weren't their fans checked them. In fact Madonna non-fans that are more into alternative or rock music often say "Ray of light" is the only Madona album they accept.

On the other hand I really never saw anyone outside of that Pop and R&B circuit praising Janet. Like there were some poeple but nothing close to Beyonce's "Lemonade".
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

i don't know any...

You got me interested tbh, I might sign up!

It's funny that on IMDb (Awards board) you'll have the majority of fanboys jizzing over news on male actors and directors while actresses' stans are considered freaks. Each forum to their own...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                  Originally posted by biscuits
                  Speaking of the older rock crowd, I've noticed that they appreciate and even like 'Control' and 'Rhythm Nation 1814'. Just makes me wish I lived through those eras even more, knowing she could win over the alternative crowd with pop records.
                  Really? I've never noticed anyone that wasn't either an American R&B lover or a pop follower liking her to be honest.

The mainstream pop divas that at some point gained the closest to some appreciation by alternative / rock audience or had a mini cross-over in that world were Madonna with "Ray of light" and recently Beyonce with "Lemonade".
                  Abdon is our resident Metalhead who hates pop music and yet he likes Janet.

You are right though, I was surprised how many alt fans who formerly snubbed Madonna suddenly decided she was okay after ROL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wardo
                    i don't know any...

You got me interested tbh, I might sign up!

It's funny that on IMDb (Awards board) you'll have the majority of fanboys jizzing over news on male actors and directors while actresses' stans are considered freaks. Each forum to their own...
                    I've met some cool people there, but the place is overall a hilarious trainwreck. Threads such as "if you could bury one Beatles song in your casket to play over and over, what would it be?". Those people stan for them the way Mariah and Bey are stanned combined.

Comment

You are right though, I was surprised how many alt fans who formerly snubbed Madonna suddenly decided she was okay after ROL.
                      Marius is another one. I've seen him give his props to Control and RN1814 too. I think Maddy was well liked by the rock crowd too until around 1990 by the looks of it.

Comment

Yep, and I still know to this date many Alternative or Rock fans that truly hate Pop and hate everything Madonna has done except for "Ray of light". They label it as a decent album and the only time Madonna was good (according to them).

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                          Yep, and I still know to this date many Alternative or Rock fans that truly hate Pop and hate everything Madonna has done except for "Ray of light". They label it as a decent album and the only time Madonna was good (according to them).
                          Some of them stayed around for Music and American Life. Confessions seemed to be when a lot of those people lost interest and HC/MDNA/RH didn't help win them back.

I wonder if alternative radio was as widespread then as it is now (back then, it focused only on alternative ROCK, whereas now you get alt-country, alt-r&b, alt-hip hop and other genres that get played. People now realize alternative encompasses more than just rock music) if she would've gotten some airplay on there the way Lemonade has actually fared better on alternative formats than it has done on pop or urban.

Comment

Some of them stayed around for Music and American Life. Confessions seemed to be when a lot of those people lost interest and HC/MDNA/RH didn't help win them back.
                            Maybe some of them stayed through "Music", but not for "American Life", crazy to think since that album sounds extremely cool right now, but back then she was not well received with AL (outside of her core fanbase), and she was quite irrelevant in the music circuit (charts, radio, accolades, critics support, etc), so I don't think she had support from Alt / Rock audiences with AL at the moment of release in 2003, "American Life" didn't really click with any audience outside of her own fans back then.

Comment

I've met some cool people there, but the place is overall a hilarious trainwreck. Threads such as "if you could bury one Beatles song in your casket to play over and over, what would it be?". Those people stan for them the way Mariah and Bey are stanned combined.
                              i would want a direct spotify link to aiwfciy so that i can get it some spotify points which it needs to rise to #1 on the h100 every single year. :(

no in fact, when you're dead, can't u just walk over to your idol and sing in the heavenly choir with him/her? I mean that's what I'd too.. trolling God or whoever's in charge to lemme join the wealthy side of heaven only so that I can continue stanning.
                              My Chart

Comment

• I dont even know why I learned German anymore....in Austria there's a bunch of racist people and in Germany everyone seems to be a bunch of bitter grumpy people who can't get over the past

I should've just learned Russian last year instead <3
                                Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
                                  I dont even know why I learned German anymore....in Austria there's a bunch of racist people and in Germany everyone seems to be a bunch of bitter grumpy people who can't get over the past

an american once asked me if we had electricity in europe.
                                  My Chart

Comment

I dont even know why I learned German anymore....in Austria there's a bunch of racist people and in Germany everyone seems to be a bunch of bitter grumpy people who can't get over the past

lmaoo i bet the situation in Russia is so much better
                                    Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho
                                      Originally posted by MusicRecords

lmaoo i bet the situation in Russia is so much better
                                      Russia is one of my favorite countries though, been there twice and people are sooo much nicer in my opinion...their system is another story of course
                                      Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy

If it was back in your times, it's a fair question
                                        Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

If it was back in your times, it's a fair question
                                          it was in 2004.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• it's such a dad's song, but I love Mike + The Mechanic's classic "The Living Years". They don't do songs lime these no more.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• My top 100 of 2016 on lastfm

females: 63
                                              males: 18
                                              duos/groups/bands: 19

my top 10: 9/10 are females plus one duo (with a female vocalist).
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

it's such a dad's song, but I love Mike + The Mechanic's classic "The Living Years". They don't do songs lime these no more.
                                                I love that song!

I wasn't there that morning
                                                When my Father passed away
                                                I didn't get to tell him
                                                All the things I had to say

I think I caught his spirit
                                                Later that same year
                                                I'm sure I heard his echo
                                                In my baby's new born tears
                                                I just wish I could have told him in the living years
                                                Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

it's such a dad's song, but I love Mike + The Mechanic's classic "The Living Years". They don't do songs lime these no more.
                                                  Love dad music.

That song in particular is such a forgotten masterpiece.

Comment

• I'm a sap... about a week after my mom's death, I was in a store and The Living Years was piped into the muzak and as soon as I caught what they were playing, I couldn't gtfo of the store fast enough to prevent myself from bawling my eyes out, plus she loved that song (it took me about 3 years to stomach Lady In Red after she died)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X