Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love & relationships are so overrated. My last relationship was more than 10 years ago. I'm really happy to be single. I don't feel the need to be loved by someone, if i did i would've bought a puppy.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
      Love & relationships are so overrated. My last relationship was more than 10 years ago. I'm really happy to be single. I don't feel the need to be loved by someone, if i did i would've bought a puppy.
      I disagree. The concept of a monogamous relationship is overrated in my opinion (although I never would engage in an open relationship, at least not now). As I have been engaged in a relationship of 5 years I do understand why 'sexual transgressions' can easily happen. But there's definitely a discrepancy between love, sex and friendship. These are different things. Most of us have enjoyed sex without love and sex in combination with love/feelings/dedication/trust/... I know which kind I enjoy the most for sure. Although I can truly enjoy meaningless sex it does leave a big void and a kind of emptiness when I'm done with it. I enjoy the moment, but I don't enjoy the moments after it. When there is love the moments after the deed are sometimes even more magical. There's just a certain feeling love can give u that you can't find in friendships, hook-ups,... So no it's not overrated and I do have the experience to back it up .
      Eudaimonia
      Last.fm
      Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Crackiswack
        I wish all gets better soon Gravity,

I'm sure at the moment you were furious but wanted to cry at the same time
        This basically I was so mad at myself! But I'll be fine.
        Thank you all! <3
        Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel
          Originally posted by spiritboy
          Love & relationships are so overrated. My last relationship was more than 10 years ago. I'm really happy to be single. I don't feel the need to be loved by someone, if i did i would've bought a puppy.
          I disagree. The concept of a monogamous relationship is overrated in my opinion (although I never would engage in an open relationship, at least not now). As I have been engaged in a relationship of 5 years I do understand why 'sexual transgressions' can easily happen. But there's definitely a discrepancy between love, sex and friendship. These are different things. Most of us have enjoyed sex without love and sex in combination with love/feelings/dedication/trust/... I know which kind I enjoy the most for sure. Although I can truly enjoy meaningless sex it does leave a big void and a kind of emptiness when I'm done with it. I enjoy the moment, but I don't enjoy the moments after it. When there is love the moments after the deed are sometimes even more magical. There's just a certain feeling love can give u that you can't find in friendships, hook-ups,... So no it's not overrated and I do have the experience to back it up .
          if you ever decide to write a book on anything, I will read it!
          last.fm

Comment

• Better Dancer:

Ciara vs Shakira??????????
            Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
              Better Dancer:

ciara. shakiras 'dancing' is :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                Better Dancer:

I love them both for different reasons, but I prefer Shakira's. Her moves are so sexy!
                Floped and localed

Comment

• Ciara, no doubt. She has no competition when it comes to dancing.

Comment

• Ciara has better coreographies, she's more like Janet in that sense while Shakira's dancing style is very different and more leaning towards the exotic side.

I prefer Shakira tho.
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Shakira has proven to be very flexible but I think Ciara might edge her out by a hair.
                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Some guy who I know (although not well) just blocked me on Instagram because he uploaded a video of 'kiss it better' (caption: Rihanna just dropped my fav song from the album) and I told him it came out months ago. Guess he couldn't deal with the humiliation so he deleted my comment and blocked me

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                          Some guy who I know (although not well) just blocked me on Instagram because he uploaded a video of 'kiss it better' (caption: Rihanna just dropped my fav song from the album) and I told him it came out months ago. Guess he couldn't deal with the humiliation so he deleted my comment and blocked me
                          Maybe he knew it and simplye wanted to share a music video / song he liked and thought your comment was obnoxious. Sometimes I share old songs on my profiles.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• No, because first I said 'didn't she drop this months ago?' And he replied 'yeah but the video only came out today'

Comment

Some guy who I know (although not well) just blocked me on Instagram because he uploaded a video of 'kiss it better' (caption: Rihanna just dropped my fav song from the album) and I told him it came out months ago. Guess he couldn't deal with the humiliation so he deleted my comment and blocked me
                              How sad to block someone over something so trivial.
                              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

No, because first I said 'didn't she drop this months ago?' And he replied 'yeah but the video only came out today'
                                Then he just couldn't stand the fact that you corrected him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh
                                  Originally posted by biscuits
                                  I even used emojis to make it seem not serious and funny. And this guy claims to be a HUUUUGE fan so I must've seriously humiliated him

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh
                                    Originally posted by biscuits
                                    I even used emojis to make it seem not serious and funny. And this guy claims to be a HUUUUGE fan so I must've seriously humiliated him
                                    #flopfan

But yeah some people's social media behavior is just beyond sad.
                                    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity
                                      Originally posted by TIfan
                                      Better Dancer:

I love them both for different reasons, but I prefer Shakira's. Her moves are so sexy!
                                      I think both are great dancers, but 100% agree very different styles.

I realised the other day that Kylie can actually keep a beat dancing. Like obviously she is no dancer (same as Mariah) , but I was watching some of her live performances where there is a bit of dancing, and she keeps her own pretty well .
                                      Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                      Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                      Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                      So does her microphone

Comment

• Celine has SWAG...

[youtube:32kjphop]U-v5xVW96mg[/youtube:32kjphop]

On a serious note, this is probably why she is still so popular - she just doesn't give an F about anything.

Comment

• Celine is like this massive successful act that is basically non-existent to anyone that is not her fan. Its like she's part of another world where most people don't have a freaking idea that she is so huge and successful. The average person would never guess she's sold more records than Mariah or Whitney and that she's #2 only behind Madonna. However the other girls have a bigger part on the Pop culture so people know them more than Celine.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                            Celine is like this massive successful act that is basically non-existent to anyone that is not her fan. Its like she's part of another world where most people don't have a freaking idea that she is so huge and successful. The average person would never guess she's sold more records than Mariah or Whitney and that she's #2 only behind Madonna. However the other girls have a bigger part on the Pop culture yet people know them more than Celine.
                                            +1 if anything people just remember her for My Heart Will Go On

But in a way it must be nice to have this much success yet be able to keep a more calm lifestyle unlike other huge acts like the ones you mentioned that people follow up way more constantly and are like on their faces all the time
                                            Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Celine remains classy and out of the tabloids.

Comment

• Paris Hiltons music career is shocking to me
                                                The quality of her first album plus the single High Off any Love is shocking to me. And the success of Stars Are Blind and to a lesser extent the album shock me too.

I can't help but adding her songs to my playlists every now and then

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                                  Celine is like this massive successful act that is basically non-existent to anyone that is not her fan. Its like she's part of another world where most people don't have a freaking idea that she is so huge and successful. The average person would never guess she's sold more records than Mariah or Whitney and that she's #2 only behind Madonna. However the other girls have a bigger part on the Pop culture yet people know them more than Celine.
                                                  Kind of agree; I think both Mariah and Whitney have bigger pop culture presences than Celine in some English markets, mainly for bad things though. I think it stems from how low-key Celine has been in the 00s - whenever she does pop up, it's always an event [ala the UK in 2013].

But then you look at sales and it just doesn't add up like that as she's selling more albums now than any female act that emerged during the 80s or 90s - for e.g. if you combine what Madonna and Mariah sold with their last studio album in the UK and multiply it by a factor of 3 - you're still short of what Céline sold with her last album. You can then apply that same logic to France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada and probably the Netherlands [though to a lesser extent]. Where Madonna makes up ground and can fall back on is markets like Italy, Germany, Spain - Madonna is just huge in these markets. And neither Madonna or Céline need the US to sell a million albums [well maybe Madonna does - we'll see with her next album]. Céline has just gone multiplatinum in Canada, Diamond in France, platinum in Belgium & Switzerland [probably due multiplatinum in the former] - basically, a million copies of her French album sold.

Whereas Mariah doesn't have anything like that level of appeal, outside of Christmas. And poor Whitney just never really fully made a comeback before her tragic death.

I think music has been very kind to Celine in terms of how she's viewed - she's a legend, she's an icon and she's one of the greatest of all-time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDiva
                                                    Paris Hiltons music career is shocking to me
                                                    The quality of her first album plus the single High Off any Love is shocking to me. And the success of Stars Are Blind and to a lesser extent the album shock me too.

I can't help but adding her songs to my playlists every now and then
                                                    ikr? I always thought it was so random how she went into music then never back
                                                    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Working...
                                                    X