Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone you never really hear about anymore but who is a phenomenal vocalist - Michael Bolton. Just listen to this...

[youtube:3e0xc2il]kylr8RrLMmk[/youtube:3e0xc2il]

2:35-ish - Nessun Dorma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
      Kind of agree; I think both Mariah and Whitney have bigger pop culture presences than Celine in some English markets, mainly for bad things though. I think it stems from how low-key Celine has been in the 00s - whenever she does pop up, it's always an event [ala the UK in 2013].

But then you look at sales and it just doesn't add up like that as she's selling more albums now than any female act that emerged during the 80s or 90s - for e.g. if you combine what Madonna and Mariah sold with their last studio album in the UK and multiply it by a factor of 3 - you're still short of what Céline sold with her last album. You can then apply that same logic to France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada and probably the Netherlands [though to a lesser extent]. Where Madonna makes up ground and can fall back on is markets like Italy, Germany, Spain - Madonna is just huge in these markets. And neither Madonna or Céline need the US to sell a million albums [well maybe Madonna does - we'll see with her next album]. Céline has just gone multiplatinum in Canada, Diamond in France, platinum in Belgium & Switzerland [probably due multiplatinum in the former] - basically, a million copies of her French album sold.

Whereas Mariah doesn't have anything like that level of appeal, outside of Christmas. And poor Whitney just never really fully made a comeback before her tragic death.

I think music has been very kind to Celine in terms of how she's viewed - she's a legend, she's an icon and she's one of the greatest of all-time.
      Thats why I say she's a special or peculiar case, she always sells these huge records but she's like virtually non-existent out there (outside the people that like her). Everyone knows "My heart will go on" of course and I did know more than that about her, but its like if you don't read it you would never imagined she's had that much commercial success. If you go to street and you say she's had more success than Mariah or Beyonce many would be shocked.

There are cases like tho, for example Enya is quite like that as well, the woman's sales are on par with Britney Spears', yet most people don't even know who she is.

Of course Celine is miles bigger and known that Enya, but she's like that kind of woman with huge success that nobody see, especially after 1999.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
        Better Dancer:

Ciara vs Shakira??????????
        Ciara.

Comment

• Austin Carlile Exits Of Mice and Men as Battle with Life-Threatening Illness Intensifies:
          ‘I Cannot Continue On’

2017 doesn't look brighter than 2016.
          (Glad to have seen him live and in good shape)

[youtube:29gu7j0k]y_I86j0P_yc[/youtube:29gu7j0k]
          trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
          trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
            Some guy who I know (although not well) just blocked me on Instagram because he uploaded a video of 'kiss it better' (caption: Rihanna just dropped my fav song from the album) and I told him it came out months ago. Guess he couldn't deal with the humiliation so he deleted my comment and blocked me
            What a stupid reason to block someone. As if you insulted him.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Celine is also a very likeable woman and appeals to fanbases of almost every diva out there. Madonna fans love her, Mariah fans love her, Janet fans love her. That's probably one of the reasons she is really successful.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                Janet fans love her.
                Source?

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy
                  Janet and Mariah fans love her.
                  Source?

Comment

• but I get what you're saying.

But since "everybody loves her" that's already one argument for me to not like someone lol Celine really is a lovely person. But personality wise and especially musically not my thing at all.
                    If you don't have haters = boring (and quite shallow)

Comment

• Originally posted by LongingHeart
                      but I get what you're saying.

But since "everybody loves her" that's already one argument for me to not like someone lol Celine really is a lovely person. But personality wise and especially musically not my thing at all.
                      I don't think "everybody loves her" - I just think people respect her for the fact that she doesn't have scandal and just gets on with her life, even when that life is completely shite towards her, as it was in 2016. She's a consummate professional in all that she does and is very clearly a great person - and I think people identify with that, she is as you see her. Some probably don't like that and I sometimes wish she was more aware of who she was. Especially when she does shows like Jimmy Fallon. But she is who she is.

I think Mariah fans like her, and I hope Janet fans respect her - if you don't, then it's no bother.

Comment

• Well in my personal case, I think Celine's long career is indeed admiring, but I've never cared about her, anything that she's done has ever draw my interest, nothing that I've seen from her on TV shows has ever caught my attention, she definately has a great voice but she's never wowed me (in fact, I think she's more of a turn-off for me, she seems quite cheesy to me and does weird gestures on stage), Her music bores me (I really like her "A new day has come" single tho). I think I could never be a fan of her. So I don't know why Spiritboy said everyone and every fanbase loved her.

I think she's an amazing person tho, she seems very humble and relatable, and down to earth. But that doesn't mean I will buy her music or anything.
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• A bomb exploded in my hometown Two terrorists shot down and one managed to escape. One police and one civilian died. :(

**** terrorism
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

A bomb exploded in my hometown Two terrorists shot down and one managed to escape. One police and one civilian died. :(

**** terrorism
                            Stay safe!

Comment

• Originally posted by LongingHeart
                              Originally posted by biscuits
                              Janet and Mariah fans love her.
                              Source?
                              In general people like Celine and that includes some lambs, the world doesn't revolve around you
                              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

A bomb exploded in my hometown Two terrorists shot down and one managed to escape. One police and one civilian died. :(

**** terrorism
                                Wow I'm so sad to hear you're experiencing that, be safe!
                                Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• I think I'm being a very well behaved stan at the moment, gritting my teeth and all.

So proud of me.

Comment

**** terrorism
                                    Stay safe!
                                    Thanks
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords

**** terrorism
                                      Thanks. Our city has been targeted by religious people of Turkey because we are modern and secular.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords

**** terrorism

Comment

I think I'm being a very well behaved stan at the moment, gritting my teeth and all.

So proud of me.
                                          THIS tbh... 04wayne would've beheaded these bishes

Comment

Originally posted by LongingHeart
                                            but I get what you're saying.

I don't think "everybody loves her" - I just think people respect her for the fact that she doesn't have scandal and just gets on with her life, even when that life is completely shite towards her, as it was in 2016. She's a consummate professional in all that she does and is very clearly a great person - and I think people identify with that, she is as you see her. Some probably don't like that and I sometimes wish she was more aware of who she was. Especially when she does shows like Jimmy Fallon. But she is who she is.

I think Mariah fans like her, and I hope Janet fans respect her - if you don't, then it's no bother.
                                            I totally get what you're saying - I have lots of respect for her!

stay stafe Spiritboy :(

Comment

• Stay safe spiritboy! And really f*** terrorism. There is enough pain in the world without these nutjobs :x
                                              Floped and localed

Comment

• I stumbled upon this yesterday. Turns out there's a duplicate among us

EXPOSED

Comment

• Stay safe spiritboy!! :-(

Comment

I stumbled upon this yesterday. Turns out there's a duplicate among us

EXPOSED
                                                    for real? just a coincidence or???
                                                    last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X