X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Julia Roberts has the best smile on the planet.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

^ Sorry for the accident, glad you're okay. I know how scary accidents can be, have had myself a few times.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I said it was obliterated, not salvaged.

Luckily, my left bumper took most of the damage and the car is still drivable, but Iím still going to have to take it to the shop ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    So I had my first car accident today, it was a rear end collision so my insurance company isnít going to be too happy about this. :( Iím still a little shook but fine, but my We Belong Together front bumper sticker was obliterated.
    Babe :(, I'm so glad to hear you're fine! Hopefully your car wasn't too damaged, and I'm so thankful to hear We Belong Together is still intact . Were you just lost in the moment and took the song a bit to literately with the car in front?

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Good morning bishes

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    So I had my first car accident today, it was a rear end collision so my insurance company isnít going to be too happy about this. :( Iím still a little shook but fine, but my We Belong Together front bumper sticker was obliterated.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    [youtube:3f352gcl]CTx7tfe8iOQ[/youtube:3f352gcl]

I especially love the duet version by Ne-Yo and Sarah Connor.
    I love Sarah's sex anthems. Get Back To Bed & Under My Skin

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    [youtube:17snaqef]CTx7tfe8iOQ[/youtube:17snaqef]

I especially love the duet version by Ne-Yo and Sarah Connor.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    [youtube:1dwf08r5]WimccZPiC0U[/youtube:1dwf08r5]
    at the start of the 90s, supermodels became part of the bigger showbiz due to the MTV influence

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    [youtube:t6aod8p7]rjlSiASsUIs[/youtube:t6aod8p7]

At 4:01 when the song fades he says
    please don't procrastinate
    It's not good to masturbate

Yaaaas....That alone made this my new fav song evaah
    Yeah, I love "Sexual Healing" and Marvin Gaye is one of my favorite artists, his timeless classic "What's Going On" is one of the greatest masterpieces to have been recorded in the modern music scene.

Originally posted by heppolo
    Kate Moss was in a league of her own (waif?), not particularly better, but portraying a very particular 90s grunge/punk/indie style
    I loved Kate Moss

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Kate Moss was in a league of her own (waif?), not particularly better, but portraying a very particular 90s grunge/punk/indie style
    Kate is still legit modelling. Still bringing in million. The industry changed during the 2nd half of the 90s due to Kate's influence. They say Gisele brought back the "sexy" model, but Gisele was the only "sexy" model in high fashion. Most high fashion models in the 2000s were extremely skinny.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I always perceived Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer as bigger names, more iconic and more famous than Tyra in the 90s ....
    Claudia fell off during the 2nd half of the 90s. I honestly never heard of Claudia, Linda, or Christy until 2013, when I became interested in fashion. I guess it can be which ever country you are in. Here in US, Tyra was always big. I remember hearing much about her when I was a kid. That whole Big 6 was for the first half of the 90s.

Kate Moss, Tyra Banks, and Niki Taylor took over the 2nd half imo.
    Over here Claudia was pretty big along with Cindy and Naomi (Cindy was the biggest one and the queen though).

I kinda knew who Tyra was but I got to know more about her when she did "America's Next Top Model" and became a reality TV Oprah wannabe type of public figure. But in terms of modelling during the 90s I never felt her pressence as strong as Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell.

I also feel that around late 90s the modelling industry kinda declined a lot, many people were not checking that stuff in the same way they did during late 80s and early 90s (the modelling peak when supermodels were actual superstars). That could explain why Tyra was not as noticed as Cindy or Naomi.

I did know about Kate Moss tho. She was huge too.
    Yes. Fashion was on a decline during the 2nd half of the 90s. Models were getting thinner. Designers wanted the Kate Moss look. Tyra went to more editorial work because designers no longer wanted her due to her weight gain. She became a household name here in the states, especially when she did Sports Illustrated, GQ, Cover Girls, and later Victoria's Secret. When Tyra joined VS, the company became more popular. Not saying she was the main reason, but even the Chief executive of VS gave Tyra credit for taking VS to the next level.

I guess she was massive in US, not so much else where, but she slayed Europe for her first 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    [youtube:1d6bjmfe]rjlSiASsUIs[/youtube:1d6bjmfe]

At 4:01 when the song fades he says
    please don't procrastinate
    It's not good to masturbate

Yaaaas....That alone made this my new fav song evaah

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I always perceived Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer as bigger names, more iconic and more famous than Tyra in the 90s ....
    Claudia fell off during the 2nd half of the 90s. I honestly never heard of Claudia, Linda, or Christy until 2013, when I became interested in fashion. I guess it can be which ever country you are in. Here in US, Tyra was always big. I remember hearing much about her when I was a kid. That whole Big 6 was for the first half of the 90s.

Over here Claudia was pretty big along with Cindy and Naomi (Cindy was the biggest one and the queen though).

I kinda knew who Tyra was but I got to know more about her when she did "America's Next Top Model" and became a reality TV Oprah wannabe type of public figure. But in terms of modelling during the 90s I never felt her pressence as strong as Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell.

I also feel that around late 90s the modelling industry kinda declined a lot, many people were not checking that stuff in the same way they did during late 80s and early 90s (the modelling peak when supermodels were actual superstars). That could explain why Tyra was not as noticed as Cindy or Naomi.

I did know about Kate Moss tho. She was huge too.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Being in a George Michael music video is the indicator of a supermodel status
    Tyra made it then.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Being in a George Michael music video is the indicator of a supermodel status

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

I know she might be a bit weird nowadays, but I do not understand how some try to make it like Tyra Banks was not a huge deal in the 1990s. Maybe its these teenagers who weren't around in the 90s. Tyra, Beverly Peele, and Naomi were the only Black supermodels during the early 90s. Those 3 were everywhere. I know Gianni Versace kicked Tyra out of his show for Naomi, but she did do ad campaigns. Tyra did not have American Vogue, but people have to remember about the racism during that time. Naomi had friends in the industry, that is the only reason she made it to her Vogue covers in the beginning. Tyra had no one, but she made Elle and Bazaar's Harper. Tyra was the FIRST model to do 25 shows in a week (Paris). Her name was so big, that she rivaled Naomi, and many photographers, designers did not want to work with her for that reason. In the later half of the 90s, Tyra became the first Black cover girl, the first Black model on Sports Illustrated, and THE Victoria's Secret model. She took VS to a whole new level. Even the Queen of Models, Cindy referred to Tyra as a big deal and a Supermodel.

I don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    The most unexpected ratchet moment ever?
    Actually that honor would have to go to Phoni...
    [youtube:ekok7rf2]27waPnBwLYU[/youtube:ekok7rf2]
    She really went there with that ďcollege fundĒ remark!

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by toni_pest
    is it a coincidence that the only album managing to dethrone gaga off the #1 spot in the us is the andrea bocelli album with a dua lipa duet on it?
    Italians cut the middle man and didn't even allow Lady Gaga to get to the #1 in their homeland

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by toni_pest
    is it a coincidence that the only album managing to dethrone gaga off the #1 spot in the us is the andrea bocelli album with a dua lipa duet on it?
    Ofc not. The reincarnation of The Beatles ( just more beautiful and talented) did THAT.

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X