X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugo
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Adele is as big as Beyoncé, simple as that. You guys call her legend, same applies for Adele as well.
    It's really not the same at all, but there's really no point in arguing about that. Beyoncé's influence goes beyond music, even even her speech Adele failed to mention what's so special about her album, she talked about her experience with Lemonade and Beyoncé's early music. Sure the commercial success has been enormous, but there really isn't much beyond that. She's no Bjork, no Kate Bush, at least now she isn't.
    Well, Beyoncé's been in the game for almost 20 years, of course she'd more influental. The woman works very hard and deserves everyting she achieved. However, Adele's been in the game for only 8 years and what she achieved is unbelievable, especially during a time music sales are all time low. And Adele doesn't try to be another Beyoncé or an activist female artist, she's simply a singer and she doesn't claim otherwise. If Celine Dion is considered a legend these days, i think Adele will be considered one in 10 years at most, along with Beyoncé.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I think Adele has become the fastest selling female artist in music history, no other female artist has sold that much with their first 3 albums.

First 3 albums:

Adele - 59million
      Britney Spears - 55million
      Madonna - 54million
      Whitney Houston - 53million
      Shania Twain - 53million

Wihthin 15 years Adele may become te biggest female artist of all time.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
        I think Adele has become the fastest selling female artist in music history, no other female artist has sold that much with their first 3 albums.

First 3 albums:

Adele - 59million
        Britney Spears - 55million
        Madonna - 54million
        Whitney Houston - 53million
        Shania Twain - 53million

Wihthin 15 years Adele may become te biggest female artist of all time.
        OK but still it took Adele 7 years to reach album #3 which is more than all the other ladies (not sure about Shania) so the comparison is not exactly fair. It took Madonna 3 years to reach album #3, Britney 4 years and Whitney 6 years so by their 8th year in business all those ladies had pretty much oversold Adele's totals up to today. Which doesn't take away from her massive achievements, it's indeed impressive but it's not a fair comparison (it's like comparing Michael Jackson's 4 albums' period to Prince's one took 12 years to reach album #4, another took less than 4 years)
        jio CHARTS NOW: 12/10/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10765535

Comment

• Originally posted by jio
          OK but still it took Adele 7 years to reach album #3 which is more than all the other ladies (not sure about Shania) so the comparison is not exactly fair. It took Madonna 3 years to reach album #3, Britney 4 years and Whitney 6 years so by their 8th year in business all those ladies had pretty much oversold Adele's totals up to today. Which doesn't take away from her massive achievements, it's indeed impressive but it's not a fair comparison (it's like comparing Michael Jackson's 4 albums' period to Prince's one took 12 years to reach album #4, another took less than 4 years)
          I get your point and it makes sense.

But I still think regardless the timing, she is now the female that has accomplished the most within the first 3 albums in music history.

Just 3 albums and she has already won Album of the year, song of the year and Record of the year, not once but twice ... Hell, she is even an Oscar winner already. And she has sold the most albums any female has ever sold within the first 3 albums, which means she probably officially has now the biggest peak ever for a female artist, the fact this woman already did more with her first 3 albums and in this low sales climate decade than the greatests of all time like Madonna or Whitney did back in the 80s when industry was way healthier just speaks volumes on the force Adele is being at the moment.

Also Adele is becoming unbeatable, she was the only woman that could take down Madonna's Inmaulate collection's record of the biggest selling female album of all time in UK, she was the only woman that could break Britney's US female first week record, and only someone like Adele could have beaten Beyonce's "Lemonade" at the Grammys.

I think she will be the real deal, within 10 years she'll probably have more Grammys than Beyonce, more albums sold than Britney and more records sold than Madonna.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• ^ I think that you're way over-estimating how the next few years will play out.

Comment

• Adele is 28 now. If she continues releasing albums at this rate, she's probably got 4-5 left before she hits 40 (although that seems like a lot). I wonder if a) she'll get hit by ageism b) she'll even be releasing albums at that point

Comment

• How is she perceived in the UK?
                "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Well yeah that's all right but she's a bit like Celine Dion IMO. Huge sales, records and one of the best selling singers of all time no doubt but with minimum cultural significance, nowhere near the level of Madonna, Janet, Whitney or even Britney. Moreover let's not forget that most acts start falling either after albums #3 or #4. Certainly one should be waiting for album #5 to see how it will play out. Although I cannot claim my opinion being any better than anybody else's I saw a very impressive singer with performances and songs which were like a breath of fresh air in a very disappointing and uninteresting musical environment during "21" (making her success totally deserved), yet when I bought that album it was just an OK album and nothing more. Still though I had huge interest for her return and when she did return with "25", even though I didn't hear the album itself, the singles were definitely underwhelming. Yet the success of her debut (cause "21" was her debut as a megastar) carried that album and any possible damage to her reputation (if there is) will be only visible in her next project (in a similar way that "Confessions" carried "Hard Candy" and "The Fame Monster" carried "Born This Way"). She could be the new Celine Dion (becoming one of the top selling artists of all times with little cultural impact) or she might as well be the new Gaga, because I felt the same way about Gaga, an amazing debut followed by a huge-selling underwhelming album whose damaging effects were only visible one era after so we have to wait and see.
                  jio CHARTS NOW: 12/10/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10765535

Comment

• I should have seen Adele winning but I am such a Beyonce stan, I did not do my math properly ... Adele gave us Thriller and Bodyguard (sales and charts performance)

With 21, she had multiple MEGA hits and a record breaking chart run (like Thriller). She had the best selling album two years in a row (like Thriller). Plus she is tied for record breaking Grammy wins (like Thriller). I am not comparing music, just charts and sales...

Now with The Bodyguard comparison...

Hello/IWALY - Both songs are the fastest selling singles of their time. Both singles were songs that everyone tried to sing but could not. Both songs were the biggest hits BY FAR from their albums unlike 21 that had 3 monster hit singles. Bodyguard was the fastest selling album during soundscan and 25 now holds that record. Both 25 and Bodyguard won Solo Pop (Whitney won female), Record, and Album of the year.

My Stan ass should have seen Adele winning... Both Lemonade and 25 will be remembered imo.
                    Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jio
                      Well yeah that's all right but she's a bit like Celine Dion IMO. Huge sales, records and one of the best selling singers of all time no doubt but with minimum cultural significance, nowhere near the level of Madonna, Janet, Whitney or even Britney. Moreover let's not forget that most acts start falling either after albums #3 or #4. Certainly one should be waiting for album #5 to see how it will play out. Although I cannot claim my opinion being any better than anybody else's I saw a very impressive singer with performances and songs which were like a breath of fresh air in a very disappointing and uninteresting musical environment during "21" (making her success totally deserved), yet when I bought that album it was just an OK album and nothing more. Still though I had huge interest for her return and when she did return with "25", even though I didn't hear the album itself, the singles were definitely underwhelming. Yet the success of her debut (cause "21" was her debut as a megastar) carried that album and any possible damage to her reputation (if there is) will be only visible in her next project (in a similar way that "Confessions" carried "Hard Candy" and "The Fame Monster" carried "Born This Way"). She could be the new Celine Dion (becoming one of the top selling artists of all times with little cultural impact) or she might as well be the new Gaga, because I felt the same way about Gaga, an amazing debut followed by a huge-selling underwhelming album whose damaging effects were only visible one era after so we have to wait and see.
                      Little cultural impact? Are you jesting me?

Comment

• Well if there is any, it has completely bypassed me.

Comment

• See this is why I got rid of my Facebook... My cousin came for next for no reason.

She told me I think I'm better than everyone else because of my vacation photos. My pictures are simple. Things like me in a plane, next to wild animals, in Mountains, etc... never disrespectful or "bragging." She was so mean to me for no reason at all. Hurt my feelings.

So I read the DNA out of her ass.

I told her " Firstly, bitch you have 5 kids and they each have their own father. Secondly, I will not argue with a bitch that waits for her monthly check."

I think I am a bad gurl now!!!
                          Diva!!!

Comment

• @Tifan Well its bad if you actualy said that to her
                            But she shouldnt have said you think your better than anyone else just becouse of some photo's

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                              I told her " Firstly, bitch you have 5 kids and they each have their own father. Secondly, I will not argue with a bitch that waits for her monthly check."
                              Damnnnn
                              *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• Omg yaassss TIfan that's how you deal with pressed souls
                                Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                                  lmao good girl gone bad
                                  some people don't deserve anything else though
                                  Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• Btw happy #Internetfriendsday y'al! ?

Comment

• Happy Internet friends day Colbie
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

• I hate Valentines Day, I hate seeing people in love #lonely
                                        *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• Originally posted by Biebz
                                          I hate Valentines Day, I hate seeing people in love #lonely
                                          <3
                                          #Pray4AL6

Comment

• that one shirtless dude that is in EVERY SINGLE youtube comment section only to promote his shitty videos is annoying as hell
                                            Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                              Originally posted by MrRager
                                              Originally posted by Biebz
                                              I hate Valentines Day, I hate seeing people in love #lonely
                                              <3
                                              <3
                                              <3

wait, I'm not single
                                              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• P*rnhub has free HD flix today for the lonely and hornknee.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                                  P*rnhub has free HD flix today for the lonely and hornknee.
                                                  Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• That should go well with heart-shaped pizza.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X