X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    When I look at the R&R hall of fame inductees I see of list of mostly some of the real musical legends and influential people in music, whether that be very famous artists or some of the more unsung musical talents. Judging by how little some of you know about musical history and the music itself I donít expect you to think much of it.

There are still plenty of influential and unsungs to be added, I also happen to think itís relatively eclectic especially if you include all nominees. Some of you would benefit from using it as an encyclopedia of who to check out next if you were serious about discovering more of the classic artists, you might start losing some of your musical ignorance which would be a positive thing for all of us.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    Originally posted by Wayne
    How very magnanimous of the RnR Hall of Fame to recognise that hip-hop has influenced music!
    This is one of those words that Mariah would use in her songs.
    Walter Afanasieff, not Mariah.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    How very magnanimous of the RnR Hall of Fame to recognise that hip-hop has influenced music!
    It's actually scary how the mainstream chews everything good the genres have and turns them all into a pastiche despicable mass product, regardless of rock, pop or hip-hop music.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Me - I Am Aghast...at the magnanimous Elusiveness

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    This is one of those words that Mariah would use in her songs.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by cheapthrills
    A nice gesture? How patronizing. This is the attitude to which I'm referring.
    So if they don't recognize them is a bad thing . . . and If they recognize them is bad thing too?

I don't know what's the issue with the R&R HOF but I sense a lot of people holding a grudge towards them (not only here but in other places too).
    Yes, both of those can be bad things Non-representation is an issue that goes without saying. But so is under-representation.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    After the way a number of people reacted to hip hop acts being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I'm turned off by the whole institution.
    As long as it's not a No American Acts Hall Of Fame, it's not a credible institution.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    If I said my heart was beating loud
    If we could escape the crowd somehow
    If I said I want your body now
    Would you hold it against meeeee?

<3

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    I don't know what's the issue with the R&R HOF but I sense a lot of people holding a grudge towards them (not only here but in other places too).

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    So if they don't recognize them is a bad thing . . . and If they recognize them is bad thing too?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I deleted my post response as I knew you'd address it suitably.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Still, nobody cares for it outside of rock and roll stalwarts.
    They're the worst gatekeepers out there.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    After the way a number of people reacted to hip hop acts being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I'm turned off by the whole institution.
    What does a number of people reacting have to do with the actual institution?. The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame had a nice gesture in recognizing Hip hop. It's a positive thing.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

^Neither of which has made the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by the way.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Literally no one other than rock stans cares about Rock & Roll Hall Of Shame.
    The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is not exclusive to the Rock genre though. There are also plenty of Soul and Blues artists inducted and there are Hip Hop and Country Artists inducted too. Also Pop artists can be inducted if proven to be impactful such as Michael Jackson, Madonna or ABBA.
    Oh wow how "str8 men who make 'real music' are superior" of them. Keep it.
    Not as straight, rock and metal music has one of the first examples of coming out in showbiz (Rob Halford from Judas Priest) and one of the first trans celebrity (Genesis P Orridge from Psychic TV).

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is not exclusive to the Rock genre though. There are also plenty of Soul and Blues artists inducted and there are Hip Hop and Country Artists inducted too. Also Pop artists can be inducted if proven to be impactful such as Michael Jackson, Madonna or ABBA.
    Oh wow how "str8 men who make 'real music' are superior" of them. Keep it.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Still, nobody cares for it outside of rock and roll stalwarts.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by CelinetoBarbra
    National Record Registry and Grammy Hall of Fame record are much more important, What a joke and pity that Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame have inductedsuch little great females.
    https://edgeinducedcohesion.blog/rock-r ... ame-snubs/

Leave a comment:

• CelinetoBarbra
    replied
    National Record Registry and Grammy Hall of Fame record are much more important, What a joke and pity that Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame have inductedsuch little great females.
    https://edgeinducedcohesion.blog/rock-r ... ame-snubs/

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Formation alone > many careers

Leave a comment:

• jochen
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    [youtube:26fq1oi9]JYsqgScbPp4[/youtube:26fq1oi9]

This video >>>>>> Beyonce's, Rihanna's, etc. videography