X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - picture deleted -

Thanks!

Here a picture of the two of us 20 years ago. (I'm the one with the dark hair, left.)
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Congrats and let's hope you'll celebrate another 20 years
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• When you only have 20 minutes before a history test?

[youtube:1c8gf04u]xuCn8ux2gbs[/youtube:1c8gf04u]
        ˇEh, mamá!
        Me quiero matar
        El mundo se va a la mierda
        Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• So weird that Whitney, Tina, and Madonna were the only American women to have major success in Europe in the 80s. Was it the type of music they made or was there actual shipping issues when it comes to certain labels???

Icons like Pat Benatar, Janet, Paula, and Cyndi might have had minor success in Europe, but it did not match their US success.
          Diva!!!

Comment

• I have just downloaded my first ever Katy Perry song

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
              I have just downloaded my first ever Katy Perry song
              did it hurt? They say it hurts the first time.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                So weird that Whitney, Tina, and Madonna were the only American women to have major success in Europe in the 80s. Was it the type of music they made or was there actual shipping issues when it comes to certain labels???

Icons like Pat Benatar, Janet, Paula, and Cyndi might have had minor success in Europe, but it did not match their US success.
                Don't forget Tracy Chapman - who's debut album sold more copies in Europe than any album released by Whitney, Madonna or Tina.

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                  Bon Appetit?

Comment

• Wayne,

MJdangerous, who is known to downplay the divas has Bodyguard at 12.1 million in Europe. I doubt Chapman is that high....

But yes, I forgot her.
                    Diva!!!

Comment

Wayne,

Outside of Bodyguard of course. But I did forget her.
                      Not necessarily outside of Bodyguard - her debut probably outsold Bodyguard in Europe.

Comment

• Make sure to catch the latest GAMES in the 2017 Favourite Male Artists Thread

a new game every hour. Click HERE
                        My Chart

Comment

So weird that Whitney, Tina, and Madonna were the only American women to have major success in Europe in the 80s. Was it the type of music they made or was there actual shipping issues when it comes to certain labels???

Pat Benatar and Paula Abdul were IMO not A-league acts, they got great achievements and hits but they didn't have what was required to be global stars and their stats were always behind Madonna / Tina / Whitney. Pat Benatar was to Tina Turner what Ciara was to Beyonce and Paula Abdul was to Madonna what Jessica Simpson was to Britney. Simply not on a same tier / league. These acts tend to make it bigger in US but have little impact on international markets.

Janet was A-league but the R&B genre was always bigger in US and I don't know why Cyndi could never fully connect with Europe, I guess her image was cool in US but a turn off in Europe? Who knows.
                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Pat was the biggest female rock artist until Tina came along.

Paula's debut sold 9/10 million in US which more than all Madonna's albums in the 80s but LAV. It could very well be The 3rd biggest release by a female in the 80s (USA). The Jessica Simpson/Britney comparison is completely inaccurate. I can understand Christina and Britney comparison being similar.
                            Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon
                              Originally posted by biscuits
                              Bon Appetit?
                              Swish Swish, Bish

Comment

• Pat Benatar was definitely A LEAGUE in the Americas - a trailblazer.

Though one name who was successful from the late 60s through to the 90s - mainly in the Americas but also, a long time before Mariah/Celine penetrated Asia, she was big there - Linda Ronstadt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                  Pat Benatar was definitely A LEAGUE in the Americas - a trailblazer.

Though one name who was successful from the late 60s through to the 90s - mainly in the Americas but also, a long time before Mariah/Celine penetrated Asia, she was big there - Linda Ronstadt.
                                  Prior to Madonna, Linda Ronstadt was pretty much the Queen, she was at the time the most successful female artist of all time with longevity and a string of hit albums. Everything that Madonna is now in terms of being ahead of any other female was Linda Ronstadt up until early 80s.
                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• ^^^ Didn't Streisand have big international singles, and a few big international albums?
                                    Diva!!!

Comment

• I am so excited about the new game which goes online in 3 minutes.

a new game every hour. Click HERE for the UKMIX Song Challenge - male-style
                                      My Chart

Comment

• This year (so far), I've only bought 2 albums, usually I buy around 60 albums per year and 0 tracks / singles, usually around 100+ on iTunes.

Comment

• Where is "Hey Arnold?"
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• The UKMIX Male Artists Quiz

I urge everyone with the knowledge of 10 male artists (and or bands) to vote in the UKMIX male artists countdown.

New Games are presented in the thread everyday + win an amazon $25 gift card if you predict the top 10 correctly.