X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
    Good to see the thread back open. With as heated as this thread has been at times, it was surprising that it was closed yesterday. LOL

Right? i would have thot that one of the many Maria dragging sessions would have closed it.

Last edited by aRat; Sun November 10, 2019, 18:31.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    (I mean people who watched Titanic also didn't complain that she ship SPOILER sunk).

Next thing people will tell me Bambi's mother dies.

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    Good to see the thread back open. With as heated as this thread has been at times, it was surprising that it was closed yesterday. LOL

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Hello, try using a spoiler next time.
    From the premise of the movie it should be clear that all Beatles members were still alive bc they never were famous and never lived the lives they lived. You should really watch it...

(I mean people who watched Titanic also didn't complain that she ship SPOILER sunk).

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    no, in the movie none of the Beatles members existed as musicians... and so Lennon wasn't famous and wasn't killed..(in 1980). A woman in the film tracked him down and gave the lead character his address and then he went to his house to see him and thank him. Lennon then told him, he (the lead character) needs therapy bc he didn't understand why he was so important to him. Shortly before Lennon was revealed in the movie... I thought they had got McCartney to cameo in it... but that they chose to show us Lennon was truly magical (and the best choice imo).

what a great movie indeed.
    Hello, try using a spoiler next time.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    There are 2 celebrity deaths that still give my physical pain when I think about them:

John Lennon
    Lady Diana

Those two would have continued to change the world (for the better) and my eternal love for them will never change. I wish time travel was real. I would have saved both of them... I would have tackled Chapman and I would have done everything in my power to stop the paparazzi in 1997. That unholy night.

To round out my top 3, as #3 I would rank Sophie and Hans Scholl who fought the Nazis and were caught and killed.

Oh gosh there are so many. Imagine that just as Cobain pulled out the gun, someone knocked at his door. Or Conrad Murray never left the room and actually knew how to perform CPR. so dumb.

Not many people know this, but I also used to stan for Anna Nicole Smith. She was such a troubled woman and I was rooting for her to get her ish together. I would have saved her as well..

Fark it, I would save everyone.

RIP to everyone that we lost - ever.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    It was a hallucination scene from what I remember.
    no, in the movie none of the Beatles members existed as musicians... and so Lennon wasn't famous and wasn't killed..(in 1980). A woman in the film tracked him down and gave the lead character his address and then he went to his house to see him and thank him. Lennon then told him, he (the lead character) needs therapy bc he didn't understand why he was so important to him. Shortly before Lennon was revealed in the movie... I thought they had got McCartney to cameo in it... but that they chose to show us Lennon was truly magical (and the best choice imo).

what a great movie indeed.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    Fantastic film. Casting Robert Carlyle as Lennon was fantastic.
    I love how they portrayed Ed Sheeran as a douche... changing the lyrics of Hey Jude to Hey Dude... so dumb lol. But he was a good sport for playing himself in that way.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Wait wasn't he killed at 30 or something?
    It was a hallucination scene from what I remember.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    I watched that film: "Yesterday" yesterday... and it was amazing. I almost fainted when they showed John Lennon at the age of 78... I screamed in agony; the loss of my life.
    Fantastic film. Casting Robert Carlyle as Lennon was fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    I watched that film: "Yesterday" yesterday... and it was amazing. I almost fainted when they showed John Lennon at the age of 78... I screamed in agony; the loss of my life.
    Wait wasn't he killed at 30 or something?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    More like....

I am getting old and dusty tho since the hungover headache is killing me

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied

Explain yourself [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]ty

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    More like....

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, what happened yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet, what happened yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Weíve decided to re-open this thread. While personal attacks are unacceptable, blatant baiting isnít much better. We let people get away with a lot in this thread cause itís one of the busiest and we donít wanna deter users from the forum. Everyone here is an adult so this thread will remain open providing everyone in it remains acting like one.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Iím closing this thread for a bit. Itís a shame that a few posters have to ruin it for everyone. People baiting and personally attacking people is just immature.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
    Speaking of imaginary narratives...

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    Speaking of imaginary narratives...

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
    It's easy to dismiss someone's opinion when said opinion defies logic, ignores facts and simply uses hate in an attempt to defend their favourite popstar.
    The way they have literally invented a narrative to now hate on Anna Wintour is just ridiculous. Its someone new every week with that fanbase.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    This, it's a real embarrassing post that lacks any sort of logic. You can't just decide all forms of research or critique are irrelevant.

Correcting someone's spelling to try and make yourself look like the big man in 2019, really? You can clearly understand what was trying to be said, there's no need to be condescending to try and get that clapback. There are users from all over the world who have used this site to improve their language skills, no shame in that.
    I know right? Let him have his moment to shine though, he thrives on it. He literally ran into another thread boasting about doing it five minutes later.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Girl Dua can still sing + she also can perform now

The style of music sweetie.

Leave a comment:

• WEBofDESIRE
    replied
    This, it's a real embarrassing post that lacks any sort of logic. You can't just decide all forms of research or critique are irrelevant.

Correcting someone's spelling to try and make yourself look like the big man in 2019, really? You can clearly understand what was trying to be said, there's no need to be condescending to try and get that clapback. There are users from all over the world who have used this site to improve their language skills, no shame in that.
    Whew, who came in your cornflakes this morning?

Being serious, I'm probably more familiar with that users posts. This was meant to mirror that general tone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X