X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugo
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

I already find your bachelor party tradition problematic af.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Somebody help me. My Male coworkers bragging about buying hookers
    The window of my room is looking onto one of the 'Red Lights District' streets in Vienna and the amount of hot, young men that go there is so surprising. Is it that hard to get laid in str8 world? like, half of them I wouln't say no to.
    The men at my job that were bragging about the hookers are married or they have a girlfriend. My heart breaks for this type of stuff. It was the same when I lived in NYC. Do all men cheat?

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    The window of my room is looking onto one of the 'Red Lights District' streets in Vienna and the amount of hot, young men that go there is so surprising. Is it that hard to get laid in str8 world? like, half of them I wouln't say no to.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Her peers like Mariah, Celine or Madonna have net worths that exceed $300m, $500m and even $800m
    Mariah lost a bit of her fortune, didn't she?

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied

Some artists are just bad with money (looking at you, Toni Braxton)

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

I'll never understand where Whitney's money went - she must've personally earned upwards of $200 million from the sale of her music alone.

Celine has generally always been careful with money, and she has a license to print it anyway with her constant live performance + record sales - in 2014, she was estimated to be the 101st wealthiest Canadian in the world with $721,446,865. And likewise, Madonna has also benefited to a similar degree from both record sales and live performance.

What really benefits artists from the 1980s onwards, particularly women, is the shift from single sales to album sales - music consumption changed with the advent of the CD, and this had a massive impact on earnings. When you couple that with the exponential inflation in ticket prices, you get $$$.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Some artists just don't take care of their money. By the time Whitney Houston died she had an estimated net worth of $20million dollars , while the amount is great it feels small for such a big icon and one of the biggest global superstars like Whitney . . . Her peers like Mariah, Celine or Madonna have net worths that exceed $300m, $500m and even $800m

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

When she declared herself bankrupt, she had liabilities to the IRS and others of $10m - but even that amount feel too small for such a long career.

But then you remember that she never wrote her own music (at least not the songs that made money) and she sold very few albums relatively speaking, along with only playing to small crowds over her decades in music and only really in the US.

Her story is quite sad, shes had her fair share of personal tragedies as well. Shell always be a massive icon in soul music regardless.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied

$25k????
    What did she do with her money? Girl.... :(

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

Poor Dionne, one of the most distinctive voices of all-time.

However, she's arguably more known for her bankruptcy woes over the years these days than her singing career.

How does a woman with as many hits, even if they were only really in the US, end up with $25k of assets after 50 years in the business? It's just terrible.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    Dionne Warwick is so slept on.. Such a beautiful voice

I love love love Miss Dionne... she is an Original. So many legendary songs. I agree, the UKMIX gays should praise her more.
    YAS boo

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME

I love love love Miss Dionne... she is an Original. So many legendary songs. I agree, the UKMIX gays should praise her more.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied

[youtubeaiswra1]FzQBOBoPg04[/youtubeaiswra1]

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo
    Originally posted by BlueScorpion
    It's a Mariah's World and we all live in it.
    So I can officially blame Mariah for Drake and Justin Bieber existence in the mainstream culture ever since it's her world.
    well, we know that Usher is to blame for Bieber, but karma got him good and destroyed his career. (Hard II Love was a masterpiece album).

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied

Bed is wack

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Bed?

Liza Minnelli, lies
    Stop hating just cuz you can't relate to the song cuz your bed has 1000 names on it.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainshow
    Originally posted by Tansike
    It's surprising how Ariana's collaboration with other artists ("Bed" with Nicki or "Dance To This" with Troye) are absolutely flopping even though the songs are quite popular among critics and Ariana herself is having the most successful year of her career
    + Those songs are better than half of the songs on "Sweetener"
    Bed?

Liza Minnelli, lies.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueScorpion
    So I can officially blame Mariah for Drake and Justin Bieber existence in the mainstream culture ever since it's her world.

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Shes been overthrown already by SummerPeur and I Im sure someday someone else will get the chance
    UKMix is more likely to become a Mariah Fan forum at this point.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied

You were so insecure
    And your crew was so immature
    Conversations painfully weak
    You were much better off when you didn't speak
    But boy to tell you the truth
    It was my illusion of you
    Being somehow destined for me
    That had me in a daze
    But we're not the same in truth

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    It's surprising how Ariana's collaboration with other artists ("Bed" with Nicki or "Dance To This" with Troye) are absolutely flopping even though the songs are quite popular among critics and Ariana herself is having the most successful year of her career
    + Those songs are better than half of the songs on "Sweetener"

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Can we all sign a petition to unban aRat?

Thank you

Sincerely,
    The king of your heart <3
    well, only if you ban yourself.

sincerely, the moderation team.
    and who's gonna beat Mariah then?
    Shes been overthrown already by SummerPeur and I Im sure someday someone else will get the chance

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X