Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My music is on shuffle. I just had Perfect Love Affair by Anita Baker followed by Mo Bounce by Iggy.

Bipolar b****
    Floped and localed

Comment

• Sometimes I check the MC thread and I never fail to be amazed at how that thing hasn't been shut down.
      It's everything UKMix opposes: delusional stanning, personal attacks, spamming.. Really the worst thread of the full forum.
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• ^Not really. A majority of what you described comes from 1 user.
        F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover
          Sometimes I check the MC thread and I never fail to be amazed at how that thing hasn't been shut down.
          It's everything UKMix opposes: delusional stanning, personal attacks, spamming.. Really the worst thread of the full forum.
          The thread isn't so bad and most lambs are really sweet. What I find sooo boring is when they discuss her vocals for every performance she has ever done.

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI
            ^Not really. A majority of what you described comes from 1 user.
            I agree with this. There are many people there but majority of what was described above comes from one users and her two followers.

It is not like there are no delusional stans on "open forum", people are not always nice to each other, two members have been banned for trolling, stanning and personal attacks this month.
            R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

• It's amazing that "How Do I Live" was the best performing single in US during the 90s, and it did not even reach #1.
              Diva!!!

Comment

• Mariah is underrated as a live performer in the nineties. Her whole unplugged set was done for that reason but people still dismiss her

Comment

• Charts have become a bad joke. Album tracks shouldn't be allowed to chart in "single charts".
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                    Mariah is underrated as a live performer in the nineties. Her whole unplugged set was done for that reason but people still dismiss her
                    I seriously don't understand why people think that she was always a studio artist when she often surpassed her studio recordings live in the 90s. Even upto the early 2000's tbh. Her problem isn't that she's a studio artist, the problem was that she rarely toured and only did a handful of concerts in the 90s because she was so busy releasing a new album every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                      Phoenixx,

I am doing ok. Not bad or not good. Just taking it one day at a time.
                      Okay, at least nothing negative
                      Stay strong!
                      I'm with you bro
                      "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenixx
                        Originally posted by TIfan
                        Phoenixx,

I am doing ok. Not bad or not good. Just taking it one day at a time.
                        Okay, at least nothing negative
                        Stay strong!
                        I'm with you bro
                        Same sis.
                        R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                          Charts have become a bad joke. Album tracks shouldn't be allowed to chart in "single charts".
                          Looking at the charts in the UK is especially laughable with Sheeran dominating everything, add Drake to it and
                          R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93
                            Originally posted by spiritboy
                            Charts have become a bad joke. Album tracks shouldn't be allowed to chart in "single charts".
                            Looking at the charts in the UK is especially laughable with Sheeran dominating everything, add Drake to it and
                            "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI
                              Originally posted by biscuits
                              Mariah is underrated as a live performer in the nineties. Her whole unplugged set was done for that reason but people still dismiss her
                              I seriously don't understand why people think that she was always a studio artist when she often surpassed her studio recordings live in the 90s. Even upto the early 2000's tbh. Her problem isn't that she's a studio artist, the problem was that she rarely toured and only did a handful of concerts in the 90s because she was so busy releasing a new album every year.
                              I can't believe some people say that she's more of a studio artist than a performer. If think that's a bit of an insult, considering that she is one of the best singers of all time... :-?
                              Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• I saw it mentioned in the Beyonce thread. Beyonce is of course a better dancer but when it comes to live vocals, Mariah in her prime is untouchable other than Whitney (pre-1995), Celine and Brandy

Oh and Toni Braxton

Comment

• DnBLover only asked a question many people have been asking since 1990 in the Beyonce thread.
                                  R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

• On the subject of Mariah's live singing, she was absolutely phenomenal in the early 90s - Beyoncé probably is the finest vocalist of her generation but she hasn't ever come close to early 90s Mariah.

[youtube:1dcqaklx]dqT_8f5vpw8[/youtube:1dcqaklx]

Any negative view about Mariah not being a very good live vocalist in the 90s is rendered null and void by that performance.

As far as female vocalists go - during my lifetime at least - there is a reason why Whitney, Mariah and Céline are revered more than anyone else - they are simply the 3 greatest female vocalists of the last 30 years.

Comment

• These days, Mariah is good more often than she is not good - what ultimately drives her reputation into the pits and does her a massive disservice is her inability to bring her A GAME when it matters.

I use Céline as an example here - she recently coached on an episode of The Voice US and she made what has become quite a relevant statement: "You cannot be good all the time. You have to be good when it's time." And it sums Mariah up - she spends the year putting out stellar vocals that really does disprove any notion that she's lost her voice and then she does a televised live performance and it's never very good anymore.

Comment

• I would probably stop performing live on TV, (by live I do not mean singing live, but televised performances) if I were her, it is not you can gain a lot but you can definitely lose a lot.

She lips on TV and is always jittery as if it were her first time live on television.
                                        R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

• I guess it's a problem with her being so damn nervous. Her concerts have been better that her live TV performances for well over a decade now. She hasn't had a great TV performance since like 2012/2013 and a lot has happened since then. Probably why everyone thinks she lost her voice, which isn't the case, but a very popular understandable misconception.

Comment

• I do not get why she has been this nervous for such a long time. It is not because of Rockefeller or the NYE performance because it started much earlier or maybe it has always been present.

And that's another reason why some people may think she is more a studio artist than a live performer, because she is always nervous on TV and it does not look singing on TV comes effortlessly like breathing.
                                            R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

• Did someone just put Brandy with Celine, Whitney and Mariah what the what???????

Mimi, Celine, and Whitney are definitely the 3 most popular vocalist of the last 30 years (maybe all time) but many vocalist from the 80s and 90s would slice them in half vocally. Lisa Fischer, Chaka Khan, Shirley Murdock, Anita Baker, Phyllis Hyman, Teena Marie, Coko, Kelly Price, STEPHANIE MILLS, etc.... none of these women dominated the world charts like the 3 divas, but vocally, they were much better imo.
                                              Diva!!!

Comment

• ^ Cute opinion but nobody you've just named can hang with the big 3.

Comment

• ^^^ Lies.
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                                                    ^^^ Lies.

PS just seen your earlier messages - hope you're okay!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X