Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ^^^ I'm hanging in there. Thank u boo
    Diva!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TIfan
      ^^^ I'm hanging in there. Thank u boo
      It is so sad what has happened to you lately :(, I wish I could help. I need to start to value my family members more, I will definitely be missing them one day and it will be too late to change things :(.

      Comment


      • Thank you honey

        Your well wishes is good enough for me.
        Diva!!!

        Comment


        • Kelly Price better than Mariah Whitney and Celine?
          As in Mariah's former background singer Kelly Price (jk )

          The thing about Celine, Whitney and Mariah is that there voices were all very distinctive. It wasn't about who could belt the highest, it was about how unique their voices are. No one else can sound remotely like them. And their tones are all unmatched.

          Kelly can sang, don't get me wrong, but there isn't a distinctive quality that sets her apart from any other lady at church that can sing.
          F*ck off and lose my number.

          Comment


          • ^^^ Most of those women I named were unique vocalist.

            At times, Lara Fabian sounds just like Celine.
            Diva!!!

            Comment


            • Also Anita??

              Great music, great musician, but as a live performer??

              I guess it's just a matter of taste then.
              F*ck off and lose my number.

              Comment


              • ^^^ Yes Anita.

                Outstanding live vocalist. Time, power, clarity, styling... everything.
                Diva!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TIfan
                  Did someone just put Brandy with Celine, Whitney and Mariah what the what???????

                  Mimi, Celine, and Whitney are definitely the 3 most popular vocalist of the last 30 years (maybe all time) but many vocalist from the 80s and 90s would slice them in half vocally. Lisa Fischer, Chaka Khan, Shirley Murdock, Anita Baker, Phyllis Hyman, Teena Marie, Coko, Kelly Price, STEPHANIE MILLS, etc.... none of these women dominated the world charts like the 3 divas, but vocally, they were much better imo.
                  Girl...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by EAI
                    As in Mariah's former background singer Kelly Price (jk )
                    Everybody starts somewhere. At least Kelly's talents were recognised and she was given a great opportunity before becoming a soloist instead of just being a waitress

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TIfan
                      ^^^ Yes Anita.

                      Outstanding live vocalist. Time, power, clarity, styling... everything.
                      Not doubting it, I'm just surprised that you think she can slice Celine, Whitney, or Mariah in half vocally
                      F*ck off and lose my number.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by biscuits
                        Originally posted by EAI
                        As in Mariah's former background singer Kelly Price (jk )
                        Everybody starts somewhere. At least Kelly's talents were recognised and she was given a great opportunity before becoming a soloist instead of just being a waitress
                        It was a joke
                        Mariah was also a background singer btw.
                        F*ck off and lose my number.

                        Comment


                        • EAI,

                          Maybe not slice in half, but if rank her with or even above them. Personal opinion of course.

                          Now Stephanie, Phyllis, Shirley, and Chaka... slice
                          Diva!!!

                          Comment


                          • Mariah's vocal versatility is unparalleled. There was/is so much to her voice.

                            Comment


                            • All those people who quote those long posts with pictures or a YouTube video especially when the post they are quoting is the last one in the thread

                              Comment


                              • I hate when people post content that's already been posted before especially if it was the very last post

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by MrDiva
                                  I hate when people post content that's already been posted before especially if it was the very last post
                                  The shade

                                  Comment


                                  • Quoting pictures and videos is much worse, somebody may sometimes not check the post above.

                                    Comment


                                    • I know Hun I just couldn't resist no hard feelings

                                      I agree tho that's annoying too
                                      I used to do that in my early days on UKMIX as well...

                                      Comment


                                      • Not talking bout technicality of her voice, but personally, I don't like it much, it just not my kind of voice, doesn't move me.
                                        be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by MrDiva
                                          I know Hun I just couldn't resist no hard feelings

                                          I agree tho that's annoying too
                                          I used to do that in my early days on UKMIX as well...
                                          I sometimes do it, I mean posting something that has already been posted, especially in the charts section.

                                          I usually delete pictures when quoting and when I want to quote an article to respond I delete everything but its title unless it is posted above then I use ^

                                          Comment


                                          • Someone recently posted in the Kylie thread that these days even Kylie can sing loops around Mariah when it comes to non-concert live performances. While I don't 100% agree, when you compare some of Kylie's recent vocal abilities, it can outshine Mariah's.

                                            Which makes me think, anyone that goes to a Mariah concert (which I have numerous times) it is more often then not, these people are able to witness some of the most amazing, vibrant, and flexible vocals in the world. The diversity and control is usually unmatched and her agility crazy. Is she confident within tour vocals because she knows she is in front of of lambs? Which help to calm her nerves and not feel so much pressure?

                                            Where as televised performances, it's the world, her critics, her haters, people who want her to fail. Do you all reckon that pressure and effect it can have on people, she herself has lost the ability to control this from affecting the performance?

                                            Hmm.
                                            Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                            Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                            Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                            So does her microphone

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by TIfan
                                              EAI,

                                              Maybe not slice in half, but if rank her with or even above them. Personal opinion of course.

                                              Now Stephanie, Phyllis, Shirley, and Chaka... slice
                                              I would also add Cece Winans, Leona Lewis and Minnie Riperton as really great vocalist.
                                              Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

                                              Comment


                                              • Was supposed to check CeCe's newest album, I constantly forget about it :(

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                                  Is she confident within tour vocals because she knows she is in front of of lambs? Which help to calm her nerves and not feel so much pressure?

                                                  Where as televised performances, it's the world, her critics, her haters, people who want her to fail. Do you all reckon that pressure and effect it can have on people, she herself has lost the ability to control this from affecting the performance?

                                                  Hmm.
                                                  Nerves are definitely an issue with Mariah. She absolutely feels more confident and comfortable when she's in front of her fans at her own show. It drives me insane when I see ignorant statements saying "her voice is gone. She can't sing anymore." It's pure rubbish. Mariah is actually so much more consistent since 2010 than she was for years before that. The problem, as Wayne stated, is that she hasn't brought it on TV when it matters like she has in concert.

                                                  Some of that has been beyond her control. More of it has to do with herself and her priorities. She is often more concerned with how she looks when she's on TV in recent years rather than making sure she's actually bringing vocals. The outfits, the spanx etc, all inhibit her and she ends up looking stiff, awkward and she doesn't bring her best voice.

                                                  Her voice is unique. She can sound like a chain smoker some days if she doesn't get enough rest. But when she's rested, rehearsed and particularly, after she has done a string of shows, Mariahs sounds as good today as she did well over a decade ago. At times like at her Christmas shows at the Beacon Theater, particularly in 2014, she was serving vocals that even her biggest fans didn't think she could 20 years after the recording of that Christmas album.

                                                  The point is, Mariah's voice is still intact. It has changed and aged just like other greats. But that's only natural. When she's fully engaged and cares to show it off, she is still a force. To buy into the rhetoric that it's gone, is nothing but ignorance.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Nippian93
                                                    Quoting pictures and videos is much worse, somebody may sometimes not check the post above.
                                                    My thoughts exactly.
                                                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X