Clear All

• LongingHeart
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by SummerPeur
    Awh, the poor cow.
    Lmao
    I thot the word cow was reserved for another dusty Diva? Celine looks more like a hound...
    You, as a Madonna Fan, want to say something about the looks other "dusty Divas" ? Go ahead

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Awh, the poor cow.
    Lmao
    I thot the word cow was reserved for another dusty Diva? Celine looks more like a hound...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Marvellous house, massive in scale.
    Delusions of grandeur.
    It was indeed ostentatious, and maybe even poorly thought out, but it certainly was not delusions of grandeur.

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied
    That was such a beautiful house, it was palatial - however, it was an environmental disaster (the minimum amount of water needed to sustain it was around 25 million litres per year
    Disgusting

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Delusions of grandeur.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Awh, the poor cow.
    Lmao

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

SAVAGE!

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Awh, the poor cow.
    Lmao

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    I don't understand your comment? Is it a dig?
    You're def NOT a celine stan if you dont know about her dumb investment mistakes

Celine Dionís Jupiter Island Estate Now $27 Million Cheaper
    https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...-cheaper-21882
    Awh, the poor cow.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

It was like a mini water park - it had it's own lazy river and everything. And then she used to professionally manicure (wrong word, I know - but can't think of a better one) the lawns/grass areas.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

Why did it need so much water?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    That was such a beautiful house, it was palatial - however, it was an environmental disaster (the minimum amount of water needed to sustain it was around 25 million litres per year).

What the media types neglect to mention is that including the build cost, it is rumoured she spent less than $20 million on constructing the property, so anything above that is a considerable profit - what ultimately cost money was the running costs and she was rarely at the property. At the same time she sold that, she also sold her castle in Canada and one of her mansions in Paris.

Once Rene died, I think she wanted to consolidate her portfolio.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    You're def NOT a celine stan if you dont know about her dumb investment mistakes

Celine Dionís Jupiter Island Estate Now $27 Million Cheaper
    https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...-cheaper-21882

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    A lot of artists with substantial wealth (those in the +$500 million club) - your Madonna's, your Celine's, some of your big rock acts like Bono - probably also have a LOT of private investments via their companies which they haven't necessarily earned from their "celebrity" related deals.

One of the more shrewd well known investments is Bono's investment in Facebook - which turned out to be genius.
    I hope none of them invested in real estate...oh, wait.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    [youtube:32itg7nt]sorkZA135nQ[/youtube:32itg7nt]

Glennis was incredible yet again. Hope she gets through.
    Time for the rest of the world to get to know her.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    A lot of artists with substantial wealth (those in the +$500 million club) - your Madonna's, your Celine's, some of your big rock acts like Bono - probably also have a LOT of private investments via their companies which they haven't necessarily earned from their "celebrity" related deals.

One of the more shrewd well known investments is Bono's investment in Facebook - which turned out to be genius.

Another is Michael Jackson's buying of the publishing rights of the Beatles catalog.
    Yep, a lot of artists have a lot of investments that we're not aware of. I'm sure J.Lo is one of them, in addition of fragances, clothing lines, products, etc she must have a bunch of other deals, private investments that we don't have idea.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

Another is Michael Jackson's buying of the publishing rights of the Beatles catalog.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo
    Originally posted by Gravity
    No one buys music anymore, it's all about merch (and I count vinyls under merch)
    Old rock bands are still good at selling merch on the basis of their legacy alone.
    They also sell out tours and pull huge crowds.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    No one buys music anymore, it's all about merch (and I count vinyls under merch)
    Old rock bands are still good at selling merch on the basis of their legacy alone.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I think I wasn't clear.

I imagine that she has a company or a set of companies within which she files her "accounts" - her take from her 2017 earnings = what you posted, less her taxes and costs.
    Well I don't know how that process works, I guess artists have to pay taxes and lawyers and that stuff.

But the point is that artists earn the most these days through touring and there is a bigger culture about it now, back in the 90s (and even 00s) tours had less amount of dates, some artists wouldn't mind to tour that much because music sales were so healthy that you could still get massive millionaire record deals and inmense royalties, those days are over.

If you don't tour / sell tickets in 2018 you're likely having a hard time in music, (there are exceptions like Adele of course).

Also for very famous artists having side deals with products (fragances lines, fashion lines, companies, commercials, etc) help them a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

I think I wasn't clear.

I imagine that she has a company or a set of companies within which she files her "accounts" - her take from her 2017 earnings = what you posted, less her taxes and costs.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    ^ Earned = grossed?
    EARNED.

Britney is currently facing a Child support lawsuit (Kevin Ferderline is asking her for more money) and her exact earnings of last year had to be revealed on court

Britney Spears' Financial Records Released in Child Support Case -- Find Out How Much She Made Last Year

Britney Spears collected quite the pretty penny last year.

The "Piece of Me" singer made a grand total of $56,562,912.38 in 2017, according to financial records obtained by ET. The documents were submitted as part of Spears' ongoing child support case with her ex-husband, Kevin Federline. The former backup dancer filed court docs in May requesting an increase in the $20,000 a month he receives for the pair's two kids: 12-year-old Sean Preston and 11-year-old Jayden James.

ET previously learned that Spears and her ex first attempted to work out their expenses privately, but Federline filed court docs in Los Angeles asking for an increase in child support last month based on Spears' rising income due to her Las Vegas residency and worldwide tour, reported by Forbes, and his lack of steady work as a DJ.

While Spears' financial records were submitted as part of their child support battle, a source told ET in June that she was also "getting a full forensic report on Kevin to try to prove where the money she provides is actually being spent." In addition to his two kids with Spears, the former backup dancer is also father to four other children.

ETonline.com
    She exactly earned $56,562,912,38 in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

^ Earned = grossed?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Tours and festivals is where it's at
    It's all about touring, but that market quickly gets oversaturated IMO.
    Thats the key these days. If you want to maintain a profitable and millionaire career based on music these days you will need to invest a lot in Touring and tickets sales.

According to official documentation provided to the court it was revealed that Britney Spears earned $57million dolars in 2017 alone, she didn't release a music album or era that year, in fact not even one single was released, in other words she earned close to $60m in a relatively dead year for her.

Ever since she focussed on shows, tickets, festivals, tours and residencies (she's currently on Tour in Europe) her income increased dramatically and she's been ranking on Forbes and Billboards money makers lists among the 10 highest paid female musicians nearly for every year since 2013, now she earns more money than what she used to earn when she was the hottest thing on charts.

Touring is the current key. Those artists that never cultivated the culture of touring through their careers are having a hard time now because royalty checks are not big anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X