Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the two d's actually pronounced different than one d? Because I'm really curious why you would start a word with two d's.

Comment

• It looks like someone has rested on the keyboard
      *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• Welsh is cool and I juat know from it cuz I used to watch The Vallyes ocasionally

Also bus is written as bws and then I learned that w is a vowel actually.
        be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• I can't believe Americans put up with the paying system they have. Isn't it weird to only know how much you have to pay when you're already at the register? Why won't they include tax on the price tag?

First time I was in the US I went up to the register and was waiting till I got my meal (at Wendy's), while she was waiting for me to pay the taxes. I was like: "What is she waiting for? I paid already."
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Woke up crying
            Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
              Woke up crying
              :(
              R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

• Omg... I'm sorry for sharing so much but my family is ****ed up. My grandmother had an insurance policy for 16 years but my aunt told me it hasn't been paid in the last 3 months

Now they are asking me for $3,000. I am so pissed. My mother told my aunt that if my grandmother needed help with the insurance payments, my aunt was to call my mother to get help. This bitch needs to understand that I am in college, and i cannot throw money around like that. :evil: :evil:
                Diva!!!

Comment

• ^
                  What happens if it isn't paid?
                  F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• ^^^ my aunt will be stuck with a bill. The funeral is going to happen regardless.
                    Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
                      I can't believe Americans put up with the paying system they have. Isn't it weird to only know how much you have to pay when you're already at the register? Why won't they include tax on the price tag?

First time I was in the US I went up to the register and was waiting till I got my meal (at Wendy's), while she was waiting for me to pay the taxes. I was like: "What is she waiting for? I paid already."
                      It depends on the state also, like when I lived in Texas you would be added taxes on EVERYTHING at the register even a small candy bar. In he state of NY it's different from what I see, like when you buy clothes sometimes they dont add taxes you just pay exactly what it says on the price tag but if it's an expensive item you'll pay taxes...I believe if the single piece of clothing or pair of shoes exceeds $110 you'll be taxed, if ya under you're exempt

I think grocery itself are also exempt but eating at restaurants isn't
                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                        Omg... I'm sorry for sharing so much but my family is **** up. My grandmother had an insurance policy for 16 years but my aunt told me it hasn't been paid in the last 3 months

Now they are asking me for $3,000. I am so pissed. My mother told my aunt that if my grandmother needed help with the insurance payments, my aunt was to call my mother to get help. This bitch needs to understand that I am in college, and i cannot throw money around like that. :evil: :evil:
                        Ugh what a difficult situation to put you in! I think your aunt should've told your mom back when the insurance wasn't paid and not say now that she needs money...
                        Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• The weird language titles are so messy
                          Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
                            Originally posted by RayRay
                            I can't believe Americans put up with the paying system they have. Isn't it weird to only know how much you have to pay when you're already at the register? Why won't they include tax on the price tag?

It depends on the state also, like when I lived in Texas you would be added taxes on EVERYTHING at the register even a small candy bar. In he state of NY it's different from what I see, like when you buy clothes sometimes they dont add taxes you just pay exactly what it says on the price tag but if it's an expensive item you'll pay taxes...I believe if the single piece of clothing or pair of shoes exceeds $110 you'll be taxed, if ya under you're exempt

I think grocery itself are also exempt but eating at restaurants isn't
                            That's why it would even make more sense to already include the taxes on the price tag, so you're never surprised when you get to the register. Here we pay taxes too, but it is always included on the price tag, so you never get to the register with a shortage of money.

Comment

• Yeah I'd prefer that^ although I'd be messy since different states have different tax percentages on the things thy do tax, so it would be a messy job for the manufacturer but hey if other places can do it I see why not.
                              Also I believe certain people like those who have been in the military gets taxes less or something like that...
                              Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Americans just care so much about taxes cuz they get wasted anyway, it's extremly stupid concept tbh. Now if there were two prices, with and without tax, that'd make sense as you would know the real cost and rhe taxes at the same time, but like this is just stupid.

Tlfan, so sorry. They are a mess, 3k is not a pocket money, tf.stay strong <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
                                  Americans just care so much about taxes cuz they get wasted anyway, it's extremly stupid concept tbh. Now if there were two prices, with and without tax, that'd make sense as you would know the real cost and rhe taxes at the same time, but like this is just stupid.

Man you're gonna have a hard time cleaning Detroit and living in America good luck
                                  Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
                                    Americans just care so much about taxes cuz they get wasted anyway, it's extremly stupid concept tbh. Now if there were two prices, with and without tax, that'd make sense as you would know the real cost and rhe taxes at the same time, but like this is just stupid.

That's how our system is. We know how much it is without tax. And we know how much tax is for our region. It doesn't bother me because I'm used to it.
                                    F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI
                                      Originally posted by Serby

That's how our system is. We know how much it is without tax. And we know how much tax is for our region. It doesn't bother me because I'm used to it.
                                      This tbh, it never bothered me either, plus you're used to it so it's not a surprise when you get taxed unless you're a foreigner
                                      Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Since I'm gonna be in Vienna from mid June to end of July...I'd be down to go see Britney if she goes to Paris! (Or any other European city around those dates)...wish she'd go to Moscow later so I'd give me an excuse to go back to Russia
                                        Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI
                                          Originally posted by Serby

But we know as well as it is always on the receipt when you've paid. But it is much easier to know on forehand how much something cost in total.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
                                            Originally posted by EAI
                                            This tbh, it never bothered me either, plus you're used to it so it's not a surprise when you get taxed unless you're a foreigner
                                            You've been in Europe a lot. Don't you think it's much easier the way we do it?

Comment

Originally posted by MusicRecords
                                              Originally posted by EAI
                                              You've been in Europe a lot. Don't you think it's much easier the way we do it?
                                              I do think it is but since I am only a resident in Austria, whenever I would go to other countries and bought things that were expensive I was able to get the included taxes back as a "tourist" called the Value Added Tax....so even though for most people the tax was already included, I had to work backwards and remove it to see how much I'd get back I wouldn't have cared much but the IRS always wants to know how much you make or spend abroad so yeah

Also, I think it's a funny concept but in reality people in Europe seem to pay way more in taxes for good than in the US. Sure, in the US it's added at the register which makes it seem like you're paying way more than in Europe where it's included in the price tag. But here in NYC for example the tax on stuff is only 8-9%......in comparison when I go to Italy next week, apparently the VAT is between 20-25% so I'll get all those taxes back at the airport before I leave, which makes things seem very cheap when u take that much off the price tag...meaning that even though the tax is already in the price tag...u guys pay way more in taxes
                                              Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• I mean, most of Europe is a mess tbh, but I feel that taxes are somewhat more reasonably used in here. You have big taxes, but it all comes back somehow (medical care system says hi).

Comment

• ^^ Yes, we pay more. But I'd rather get to the register and have to pay less than the other way round.

Comment

^^ Yes, we pay more. But I'd rather get to the register and have to pay less than the other way round.
                                                    I don''t understand and have never experienced anything other than the UK system - and it works perfectly fine. Not sure I like the sound of the US system!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X