X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toni_pest
    replied
    madonnas 2nd singles this century are always better than the first, except for 4 minutes

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    Originally posted by JSparksFan
    Originally posted by aRat
    "Music" is nothing special, "Hung Up" however is is dance-pop perfection.
    I'm inclined to agree with this. In fact, I'd take it a step further and say "Music" is her weakest lead single to date.
    No ma'am
    Yes, gurl, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    4 Minutes is basic, but ok. GMAYL is disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
    No ma'am
    Thots on Blackout being forGaGatten?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    I'm inclined to agree with this. In fact, I'd take it a step further and say "Music" is her weakest lead single to date.
    LUV MDNA exists tho.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Ray Of Light's production sounds unfinished and all over the place, and no It's not progressive nor experimental to aimlessly throw different instrumentals together in hopes that it works somehow.
    "Ray Of Light" is exquisit, its like a Dance-Rock and Techno / Alternative fusion with a very refined production.

From the moment it starts with that soft guitar driven intro is divine as it turns into a summer-ish uplifting fest, then I love how the music slows down towards the middle of the song and you can hear those nostalgic Madonna vocals over that heavenly angelic and mellow guitar synth. Its so energetic yet so peaceful and gentle.

One of Madonna's finest and most beautiful works:

[youtube:3u98dbko]a4tD8dy9Reg[/youtube:3u98dbko]

Thankfully that song is completely forGaGatten and erased from the GP's memory.
    I agree with you on this though. While critics haven't forgotten the track it is indeed "forGaGatten" among the GP these days. I wouldn't debate that AT ALL.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    No ma'am

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Re: The Random Thought Thread

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I'd say there's mixed reception among Madonna fans [on UKMix (that I know)].

Loves It
    - BodyShop
    - Fan
    - JakeP
    - MrLeonix
    - MusicLover88
    - swiftie13

Likes It
    - Benny
    - JSparksFan
    - phoenix98

Doesn't Care for It
    - Erotica

I know that's an uber small sample size, but even there the 'mixed' reaction actually seems more positive than negative.
    There a lot of others who don't like it either.

And yeah the song has "mixed" reception and its FAR AWAY from the love that other dance songs such as "Music" or "Hung Up" get

Also people may like it but the story gets totally different when you ask them to rank their Madonna's favorite Top 10 songs . . . . you won't see much people ranking "Ray Of Light" inside their top 10s, its not a big fan favorite.

On the other hand you'll see some frequent choices like "Vogue", "Hung Up", "Frozen", "Like A Prayer", etc on most people's Top 10s . . . . . "Ray OF Light" is not really on that level of preference.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Ray Of Light's production sounds unfinished and all over the place, and no It's not progressive nor experimental to aimlessly throw different instrumentals together in hopes that it works somehow.

Thankfully that song is completely forGaGatten and erased from the GP's memory.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Everything on "Ray OF Light" remains appreciated by critics to this day.

As for the song "Ray Of light" itself critics still love it but fans and audiences don't like the song that much these days, what you and aRat posted about it its actually a pretty common / usual thought about the song that most people have. Trust me, it is not a Madonna favorite among her fans nowadays.
    I'd say there's mixed reception among Madonna fans [on UKMix (that I know)].

Loves It
    - BodyShop
    - Fan
    - JakeP
    - MrLeonix
    - MusicLover88
    - swiftie13

Likes It
    - Benny
    - JSparksFan
    - phoenix98

Doesn't Care for It
    - Erotica

I know that's an uber small sample size, but even there the 'mixed' reaction actually seems more positive than negative.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    ^^ I voted for Ciara, but Beyoncé is a phenomenal dancer, too.

I liked and RT it

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    Is there a 4 Minutes stan though?
    *barf*

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I don't know if I'd say any song from Ray of Light is underappreciated. The album is widely regarded by critics and fans alike to be the frontrunner for Madge's magnum opus title.

I'd say Erotica and Bedtime Stories are more underappreciated.
    Everything on "Ray OF Light" remains appreciated by critics to this day.

As for the song "Ray Of light" itself critics still love it but fans and audiences don't like the song that much these days, what you and aRat posted about it its actually a pretty common / usual thought about the song that most people have. Trust me, it is not a Madonna favorite among her fans nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied

^^ I voted for Ciara, but Beyoncé is a phenomenal dancer, too.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    Hi there!

I actually think "4 Minutes" and "Give Me All Your Luvin'" are two of Madonna's career-best tracks. I think a lot of people consider the latter to be ridiculous, but were it released 25 years earlier, I think it'd be held in higher regard. It's a geyser of unadulterated fun!

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Damn. This is close. Never expected it.

[tweet:34ogs1go]https://twitter.com/godismy_lord/status/1021269198675177472[/tweet:34ogs1go]

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    I don't know if I'd say any song from Ray of Light is underappreciated. The album is widely regarded by critics and fans alike to be the frontrunner for Madge's magnum opus title.

I'd say Erotica and Bedtime Stories are more underappreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Let's hope July 29, 2018 brings better choices.

I jest...mostly.
    LOL not really, at worst it could drop some positions but "Ray Of Light" song has never left my Madonna Top 5 for over 20 years.

My Top Madonna song used to be "Drowned World / Substitute For Love" and "Ray Of Light" was my #2 but they have swtiched places by now.

It is a stunning progressive song and the fact that not many people seem to appreciate it actually makes me like it even more .... I'll never be that "Hung Up" / "4 Minutes" stan.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Ray of Light has grown on me a bit over the years, but it isn't even close to being Madonna's best. It was different, yes, but it wasn't brilliant.
    As of July 28, 2018. "Ray Of Light" is my favorite Madonna song ever.
    Let's hope July 29, 2018 brings better choices.

I jest...mostly.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Ray of Light has grown on me a bit over the years, but it isn't even close to being Madonna's best. It was different, yes, but it wasn't brilliant.
    As of July 28, 2018. "Ray Of Light" is my favorite Madonna song ever.

Leave a comment:

• grooveboy
    replied
    Thank You Baby! is my fav Shania song

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X